Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best Video Editing Software
12Next >
11344 46 2021-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

Can any one recommend a pc based video editing software that can handle editing 4k 60fps at 100mb data rate.  I have been using Corel Video studio for years with other cameras but the bit rate on the DJI pocket is so high the software cant seem to cope with it.  I have been in touch with Corel but they cant seem to resolve it.  Any recommendations (apart from adobe premier pro - too expensive) would be greatly received.

Thanks
2021-5-11
Use props
Miguel Leitão
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

You can try Vegas PRO:

https://www.vegascreativesoftwar ... Un_hSRoCNYAQAvD_BwE
2021-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party editing software to edit your footage. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members on what is the best 3rd party software they are using in editing there work. Thank you and keep filming.
2021-5-11
Use props
Joe Zekas
lvl.1

United States

Adobe Premiere Elements works great with high bitrate Pocket 2 footage.

Are you certain that the issue isn't with your computer rather than with the software?
2021-5-11
Use props
chririva
lvl.3

Poland

I don't have any issue with Premiere Pro, but it really depends on your machine configuration.
In case you have lags you can use proxies and work on them without lag, and switch to the original footage before final export.
2021-5-12
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Miguel Leitão Posted at 5-11 10:06
You can try Vegas PRO:

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/index.php?id=351&L=52&AffiliateID=178&phash=LjmUipAVFVxrmmmH&gclid=CjwKCAjw1uiEBhBzEiwAO9B_Hb7n2lAlyGNBy9pvcT0jv_6v3NQZk91Fn1rFuJx-kjONRvSJUn_hSRoCNYAQAvD_BwE

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Its still a bit more than I wanted to paybut thanks for the suggestion
2021-5-12
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

chririva Posted at 5-12 05:02
I don't have any issue with Premiere Pro, but it really depends on your machine configuration.
In case you have lags you can use proxies and work on them without lag, and switch to the original footage before final export.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I don't have lag.  When the project has rendered it comes put with a lower bit rate than the original no matter what settings I am using in Corel Video Studio.  This causes some garining effects in the finished video.
2021-5-12
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Joe Zekas Posted at 5-11 20:03
Adobe Premiere Elements works great with high bitrate Pocket 2 footage.

Are you certain that the issue isn't with your computer rather than with the software?

Hi Thanks for the reply

I dont think its the computer as I can render a film that comes out with the same bit rate and qaulity but only if I dont add any titles or graphics of any kind. If I do the finished film sticks on the opening graphic and pixelates.  The video runs with no picture and only audio.  Im guessing if it was the Laptop then it wouldn't be able to produce the high qaulity film at all.   I have tried various settings so think its the software but I cant be 100% sure .
2021-5-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you tried LumaFusion , its iOS based but its really good quick handles 4K like a knife going through Butter, works on both Mac book or ipad iphone so very easy to use while traveling has everything you need to edit pocket videos and much more. It only costs one off fee £20 . You can get it at the App Store . Extremely easy to use and plenty instruction video on YT.

I also use FCPX , but 9 times out of 10 I will now use LumaFusion.
2021-5-12
Use props
Sergei S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1322707 ft
Russia

My choice is Adobe Premiere Pro. Fortunately DJI Pocket 2 creates lo-resolution doubles of every video, titled with .LRF extension.
I copy files to my computer and run a script that batch renames all .LRF to xxx_Proxy.MP4 (xxx is the original filename without extension)  This way Adobe Premiere recognizes the lo-res copies as Proxies for a higher resolution original mp4 files.
I select all added hi-res MP4 files, right-click "Proxies - Attach Proxies" and select a _Proxy.MP4 file for the first one. Others are attached automagically.

This makes editing on an old laptop easier. For output it takes the original hi-res versions, of course.
2021-5-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I get the impression that DaVinci Resolve 17 is very popular these days - basic version is free.
2021-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use DaVinci Resolve with great results.  There is even a free version.  
2021-5-13
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-12 14:01
Have you tried LumaFusion , its iOS based but its really good quick handles 4K like a knife going through Butter, works on both Mac book or ipad iphone so very easy to use while traveling has everything you need to edit pocket videos and much more. It only costs one off fee £20 . You can get it at the App Store . Extremely easy to use and plenty instruction video on YT.

Hi Thanks for the reply

In Short No.  I'm PC based not an apple fan, found they tried to control every aspect of what I wanted to do with my own devices.
2021-5-13
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sergei S Posted at 5-13 01:57
My choice is Adobe Premiere Pro. Fortunately DJI Pocket 2 creates lo-resolution doubles of every video, titled with .LRF extension.
I copy files to my computer and run a script that batch renames all .LRF to xxx_Proxy.MP4 (xxx is the original filename without extension)  This way Adobe Premiere recognizes the lo-res copies as Proxies for a higher resolution original mp4 files.
I select all added hi-res MP4 files, right-click "Proxies - Attach Proxies" and select a _Proxy.MP4 file for the first one. Others are attached automagically.

Hi

Thanks for that food for thought
2021-5-13
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-13 04:35
I get the impression that DaVinci Resolve 17 is very popular these days - basic version is free.

Many thanks.  
2021-5-13
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-13 05:52
I use DaVinci Resolve with great results.  There is even a free version.

Thanks for the info
2021-5-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.  Hope you find the software that works best for you and your PC.
2021-5-14
Use props
SebastianArashi
lvl.1

United States

I use TunesKit AceMovi.
It is a professional video editor, and you can use it to finish all the professional editing.

Read more: https://acemovi.tuneskit.com/
2021-7-8
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

Sergei S Posted at 5-13 01:57
I select all added hi-res MP4 files, right-click "Proxies - Attach Proxies" and select a _Proxy.MP4 file for the first one. Others are attached automagically.

Thats interesting that LRF files works as proxy,
is there a similar way to make use of LRF files in Davinci Resolve also?
2021-7-9
Use props
dan.diverdan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1280 ft
United States

Vegas Movie Studio should be able to handle it as it edits 8K.  On sale now thru 27 July at three different levels.  Even the top one is 1/3 the price of Vegas Pro.

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/index.php?gclid=CjwKCAjwlrqHBhByEiwAnLmYUCZKZNz_OIGrei6Kq0IFhd6gqPAIpA7FCv8aLvt7GdUMVPUYC_VksxoC6XIQAvD_BwE&id=376&L=52&ef_id=CjwKCAjwlrqHBhByEiwAnLmYUCZKZNz_OIGrei6Kq0IFhd6gqPAIpA7FCv8aLvt7GdUMVPUYC_VksxoC6XIQAvD_BwE:G:s&AffiliateID=145&phash=BBPtCllArZvjlyXI

2021-7-14
Use props
Mic4711
lvl.1
Germany

SHOTCUT can handle the P2 footage as well. It is completely free.
2021-7-15
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you use mov, Final Cut will handle the footage very well.
2021-7-17
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Please. Try magix the best there is
2021-7-17
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SebastianArashi Posted at 7-8 22:36
I use TunesKit AceMovi.
It is a professional video editor, and you can use it to finish all the professional editing.

Many thanks for the info
2021-7-20
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Alien433 Posted at 7-17 22:01
Please. Try magix the best there is

Thanks many good ideas to look at
2021-7-20
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

I'm using Final Cut Pro X. It's  working pretty good even on base model MacBook Air M1
But you can also use DaVinci Resolve it is free.
2021-7-20
Use props
Jetcopter
lvl.1
United States

Davinci Resolve basic is awesome for free and available for Win/Mac and is something I used for years.  I recently started using Final Cut Pro X and that works well for me but each editor has its quarks.  Although I do miss color correction on Resolve.
2021-7-21
Use props
mikevman
lvl.2
United States

DaVinci Resolve, hands down one of the best free editors and post production programs out there, after awhile bet you will want the full version.
2021-7-22
Use props
Emma9624
lvl.1

United States

I edit my video by using DJI on my phone, and using Tuneskit AceMovi Video Editor on PC, both them are very simple to use, they are very suit me. Tuneskit support 4K 60fps at 100mb data rate.
2021-8-24
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

Davinci Resolve 17 is out there for free. Check your own computer power and graphic card requirement.
ShotCut is great and simple.
Both are highly recommended.
2021-8-26
Use props
davitzakari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 483527 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are interested in free software, davinci resolve 17.3 is the best hands down. For the paid one Adobe premiere pro.
2021-8-29
Use props
fansec444ad0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for the advice
2021-8-30
Use props
Jane Smith
lvl.2

United States

Maybe you can TunesKit AceMovi. It can easily handle the 4K, 60FPS big files, etc. The software is easy to use with a clear and simple interface. Yet it's a powerful video editing tool that provides almost everything you need, such as cutting, splitting, zooming, cropping, speed control, adding text, music, subtitles, special effects, keyframing, freeze frames, filters, transitions, and more.  
Besides, the software is very cheap compared with similar products in the market. And the good news is that it’s now on sale at $10.95 only for this Christmas on its official website. Just have a try!
2021-12-22
Use props
DiMiTs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380794 ft
Russia

DaVinci Resolve 17 is BEST choice !!!
DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor (with free licence) - MUST HAVE !!!
2021-12-22
Use props
Fli-Boi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440505 ft
United States

Sergei S Posted at 2021-5-13 01:57

Sergei,
Love this!  What program are you using to script?  I have Automator and Hazel that I think could do that.  Also, do you have a video or more detailed walk through?  

Related, I'm ultimately looking for something that allows my Mac to recognize when I insert an SD card, pull the files locally, sort them so that I can begin the editing/grading process.  Any suggestions?  I have Adobe CSS
2022-4-12
Use props
LindseyParker
New

India

There are many tools for you to use, but which is the best support tool for you (smart person). Today I would like to introduce the application I always trust to use Efectum Ocean Of APK that allows you to edit videos according to your preferences.
Efectum Ocean Of APK https://techzapk.com/efectum-ocean-of.htm is a Pro Video Editor app to create amazing videos using multiple video editing features (trim video, trim, merge video, slow motion, fast motion, reverse, add, etc. music to video, timelapse and more!)
2022-6-28
Use props
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DaVinci Resolve is FREE and fully functional; this is what many pros use. The studio version, you have to pay for with added features but it mostly for pros. There are many video tutrials as this is powerful software that can do a lot of cool stuff. In my opinion, it is better than Adobe Premiere (which you need to pay for).

Latest beta version has been released: Resolve 18, but the most stable is Resolve 17.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve
2022-7-1
Use props
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DiMiTs Posted at 2021-12-22 04:03
DaVinci Resolve 17 is BEST choice !!!
DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor (with free licence) - MUST HAVE !!!

18 beta is out now
2022-7-1
Use props
JohnAven
lvl.3
United States

DaVinci Resolve 18 for me.
2022-7-11
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

I have been using DaVinci Resolve 17 and now 18 which is by far the most comprehensive video editing software I have been able to find for free. Their training on the site is very useful and there's a huge base out there for Resolve where they create great tutorials on YouTube for different aspects of the program.
2022-8-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules