Current Altitude Too High Warning Message?
1675 9 2021-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

I live at approximately 7,500' MSL and I can get from my front door to above 14,000' MSL in less than an hour's drive so it's not uncommon for me to get this warning when flying in areas within an hour from home.  My question is related to item (3) of the warning.  I've checked the owner's manual to determine the max speed while in Cine Mode however, it does not give a max speed for that particular mode.   Oddly enough, on page 11 it clearly states max speed for Normal Mode is 15 m/s, and for Sport Mode it is 19 m/s.  
However, for Cine Mode it only states the following: "Cine mode is based on Normal mode and the flight speed is limited, making the aircraft more stable during shooting."  It does not give a speed in m/s as do the other two modes. For some reason, I seem to recall seeing a YouTube video where it was mentioned that Cine Mode is 5 m/s but I can't seem to find it again to verify.  Does anyone know the max speed of the Air 2S in Cine Mode?

Not to get too far off the subject but am I the only one that finds it odd that speed is quoted in m/s.  Wouldn't it be more relatable to quote the speed in km/h or mi/h?

Altitude Warning

Altitude Warning
2021-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you are trying to fly at altitudes of 7500 Metres or higher, the maximum operating altitude for the Air 2S is 5000 Metres and you are flying beyond the capabiliy of the aircraft.
2021-5-11
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-11 14:52
If you are trying to fly at altitudes of 7500 Metres or higher, the maximum operating altitude for the Air 2S is 5000 Metres and you are flying beyond the capabiliy of the aircraft.

I'm at 7,500 feet, not 7,500 meters.
2021-5-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haha, yeah. 7500 meters is getting close to Everest-grade altitude ;-)
2021-5-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Chuck,

Interesting warning, a large txt warning...when was this msg shown?  in the flyapp ??

MA2 can fly full speed low height (< 1 meter), so in this the MA2s differs.

cheers
JJB
2021-5-11
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-11 23:10
Hi Chuck,

Interesting warning, a large txt warning...when was this msg shown?  in the flyapp ??

I received this warning while preparing to launch at roughly 10,000' MSL. Yes, the message came up in the Fly app.  Regarding flying lower than 1 meter AGL I believe it's a warning advising you not to do so at speeds greater than 5 m/s.  I don't think the A2S is actually limited in any way from doing it. Based on the warning message, I read it as "don't do this because you are at an altitude where the air is thinner and as such, the flight characteristics of the aircraft will be negatively impacted so fly with extra caution."  I.E. Don't fly faster than 5m/s if flying at this altitude (MSL) and under 1 meter AGL.

I've strictly followed the warning, only flying slowly in Cine Mode at any point where I was lower than 1 meter AGL. That being said, I don't know if the Fly app/aircraft will actually prevent you from exceeding 5 m/s while flying less than 1 meter AGL at high altitudes if you choose to ignore the warning.

So, the original question still remains unanswered:  I've checked the owner's manual to determine the max speed while in Cine Mode however, it does not give a max speed for that particular mode.   Oddly enough, on page 11 it clearly states max speed for Normal Mode is 15 m/s, and for Sport Mode it is 19 m/s.  
However, for Cine Mode it only states the following: "Cine mode is based on Normal mode and the flight speed is limited, making the aircraft more stable during shooting."  It does not give a speed in m/s as do the other two modes. For some reason, I seem to recall seeing a YouTube video where it was mentioned that Cine Mode is 5 m/s but I can't seem to find it again to verify.  Does anyone know the max speed of the Air 2S in Cine Mode?

2021-5-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Chuck Campfield Posted at 5-12 09:42
I received this warning while preparing to launch at roughly 10,000' MSL. Yes, the message came up in the Fly app.  Regarding flying lower than 1 meter AGL I believe it's a warning advising you not to do so at speeds greater than 5 m/s.  I don't think the A2S is actually limited in any way from doing it. Based on the warning message, I read it as "don't do this because you are at an altitude where the air is thinner and as such, the flight characteristics of the aircraft will be negatively impacted so fly with extra caution."  I.E. Don't fly faster than 5m/s if flying at this altitude (MSL) and under 1 meter AGL.

I've strictly followed the warning, only flying slowly in Cine Mode at any point where I was lower than 1 meter AGL. That being said, I don't know if the Fly app/aircraft will actually prevent you from exceeding 5 m/s while flying less than 1 meter AGL at high altitudes if you choose to ignore the warning.

Yes, i know......  ;-)

Just read the specs of the AIR2S

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-5-12
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-12 11:40
Yes, i know......  ;-)

Just read the specs of the AIR2S

Thank you, strange they omitted the max Cine Mode speed in the owner's manual but include it on a spec sheet.  Thanks again, now I don’t have to worry about flying faster than 5 m/s while under 1 meter AGL at altitude.  I’ll just keep it in Cine Mode at altitude.
2021-5-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's on page 51 of the owner manual.
2021-5-12
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-12 14:57
It's on page 51 of the owner manual.

Thanks, I still find it odd that the Cine Mode max speed is not covered under "Flight Modes" on page 11 as it specifically states the max speed for both Normal Mode and Sport Mode but omits any mention of max speed for Cine Mode.

Flight Modes - Page 11.png
2021-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules