OSDK 4.0 Custom Action in Waypoint Mission
427 5 2021-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nosilil
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all!

I'm wondering if someone can shed a light on how to do custom actions in OSDK 4.0.

As far as I can see, there are several pre-existing action options available provided in `dji_mission_type.hpp`, under the name of `WaypointActionTypeFormat`. They are provided in the data type of `enum`, I wanted to look for where these actions are actually defined in order to make a custom action of my own, but I couldn't find them.

So my question would be:
1. Where to find the definition of actions.
2. Or even better, is there an example of how to make our own custom action, say, to have the drone land for 5mins every waypoint it visits.

Thank you very much for your time,
Nosilil
waypoint_action_type_format.png
2021-5-11
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

As far as I know, upon reaching a waypoint, the drone can only perform the actions listed in the image you attached. You cannot create a new action type for a waypoint, although I would like that too.
2021-5-11
Use props
nosilil
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Super pilot Posted at 5-11 23:03
As far as I know, upon reaching a waypoint, the drone can only perform the actions listed in the image you attached. You cannot create a new action type for a waypoint, although I would like that too.

Hi Super pilot!

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it!

As a workaround, would you think it would make sense to modify `main.cpp` in the flight-control folder to do hard-coded "monitoredTakeoff", "moveByPositionOffset", "monitoredLanding" , custom made action and then "monitoredTakeoff" again? I am thinking of using this as my own version of `mission_sample.cpp`.

Is there anything that would stop me from doing this? I don't have much experience with OSDK so sorry if this sounds like a noob question.

Cheers,
Nosilil
2021-5-12
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Russia

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the OSDK, so I cannot say for sure whether it is possible and necessary to make changes to the configuration files. But I think you can try making changes one at a time and then see how it affects the control and behavior of the drone.
I hope that a person who is more knowledgeable in this topic will tell you than me.
2021-5-12
Use props
nosilil
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Super pilot Posted at 5-12 04:11
Unfortunately, I have no experience with the OSDK, so I cannot say for sure whether it is possible and necessary to make changes to the configuration files. But I think you can try making changes one at a time and then see how it affects the control and behavior of the drone.
I hope that a person who is more knowledgeable in this topic will tell you than me.

That's cool, thanks for your input! I'll work on it now and wait for potential replies at the mean time. Cheers!
2021-5-12
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Russia

nosilil Posted at 5-12 04:36
That's cool, thanks for your input! I'll work on it now and wait for potential replies at the mean time. Cheers!

Thank you! Happy programming!
2021-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules