4527 4 2021-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a replaced DJI FPV unit and the video is not recording to the SD on the aircraft or the goggles.  I've tried switching SD cards, formating, turning the Record at Takeoff on and off. I've done all of these things several times and retested and same result...no recording to SD.  If I push the red dot button on the goggles it takes a .JPG image but no video.  

Am I missing something in the menu? My previous aircraft worked well when set in the "start at takeoff" mode.

Anyone else??

Thanks

PS. I'm using SanDisk Extreme Plus SD cards in both 64GB and 32GB. And I've tried reading the SD cards both from an external card readers and using USBC cord connected to the aircraft.
2021-5-11
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

A long press of the camera button (right side with camera icon) on the remote control should switch between video and photo mode.
When in video mode, a very quick press of the button should start and stop the video recordings.

It took me a while to figure out I had to press the camera very fast in order to start the video.

I generally don't use the button on the goggles to control the camera. I only use it by accident.
2021-5-11
Use props
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh my gosh.  Thank you so much.  I just tried it and you're totally correct.  I need to go back and re-read the manual.  I thought I had it covered.  Thanks again, the camera button on the remote was the trick, haven't tried viewing but I'm confident it will work.
2021-5-11
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

fans82a02d84 Posted at 5-11 18:59
Oh my gosh.  Thank you so much.  I just tried it and you're totally correct.  I need to go back and re-read the manual.  I thought I had it covered.  Thanks again, the camera button on the remote was the trick, haven't tried viewing but I'm confident it will work.

"Thanks again, the camera button on the remote was the trick"

You're very welcome. It's always nice when there's an easy fix to a problem.

There's likely a way to control the camera from the goggles button but I tend to stick with using something the way I already understand.

The automatic start and stop should work but apparently when this is enabled, the recording will stop when the goggles lose the video signal. I don't think the same issue occurs if you manually start and stop the video recordings.
2021-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused before and it is great to know that you were able to sort the issue after following the instructions given by Duane Degn. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules