806 3 2021-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbacknc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21365 ft
United States

Hi All,
TLDR: Flies fine with RC, connects with Motion Controller but red padlock icon will not go away so bird won't fly with motion controller.

I've been working on this issue for weeks now with DJI customer service and what a total waste of my time dealing with them has been. The drone flies fine with the RC but will not take off with the motion controller after successfully connecting the drone to the motion controller. There are 2 squares on the bottom center of the screen, one smaller set within the larger outer square. The inner square is a sort of a target to aim the motion controller for a neutral starting position. You're supposed to put the target circle within the smaller square and push the lock button twice to start the motors.

I have done everything correctly, am not in a no-fly zone (as evidenced both by the map and the fact I can fly just fine with the RC). Have plenty of sattelites. Within the goggles it shows the difference between not being connected to the motion controller (red warning banner says "RC signal lost" until you turn motion controller on and then warning banner disappears indicating a successful connection).  

I have logged out and back in to my account. All of the firmware is up to dater.

I have successfully flown another DJI FPV with motion controller and do not understand why this is happening. Anyone have experience with this? Have already lost mucho donero not being able to deliver promised footage to client.

I know this pic is take indoors but that is not the problem. It does the same thing outside.

Desperate for help.

Thanks

Red Padlock

Red Padlock
2021-5-11
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds motion controller related  rather than drone. If you know someone with a motion controller, link theirs to your drone and see if the problem goes away.

Alternatively link their drone to your motion controller, either way it should point you in the direction of the fault.

Alternatively return the motion controller as faulty.
2021-5-11
Use props
mbacknc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21365 ft
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 5-11 20:12
Sounds motion controller related  rather than drone. If you know someone with a motion controller, link theirs to your drone and see if the problem goes away.

Alternatively link their drone to your motion controller, either way it should point you in the direction of the fault.

Thanks Buzzyone,

Good suggestion. Tried with a different motion controller and the problem remains. So, it's either account related or drone related. I'm frustrated b/c I have a gut feeling it's something simple but noone seems to know why problem would persist.

I've been in touch with customer service, their engineering department and no resolution. But thanks for your help.
2021-5-12
Use props
djiuser_XlNGB1xtQjvw
New

Austria

same problem here. motion controller not unlocking. no geozone, updated. rc works fine. please help
2021-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules