Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air 2S New Firmware Release Notes (05/12/2021)
12Next >
8949 41 2021-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.05.12
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.16.90
  • Remote Controller: v04.12.00.32
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.4.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.4.0

What’s New?
  • Optimized DJI AirSense.
  • Optimized environment light detection and warning prompts.

Notes:
If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2021-5-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks Dji, will update tomorrow and test.
2021-5-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Suren Posted at 5-11 23:06
Thanks Dji, will update tomorrow and test.

Hello there Suren. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any inquiries or concerns with the new DJI Air 2S Firmware. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-5-12
Use props
Captain Dave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2133707 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does this mean AirSense might start working now ?
2021-5-12
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

That’s a great news. Thank you for the good news. I will check it later.
Hope this will resolve the
Unable to take off 30064 error
2021-5-12
Use props
AndrewStrugnell
New

Australia

…………….

"............
2021-5-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Captain Dave Posted at 5-12 01:41
Does this mean AirSense might start working now ?

Airsense always worked in the Air2S
2021-5-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Well this is crap, I cannot update the drone on Assistant without constantly getting this notification about fly database update, even when I install it it still asks no matter what I try. Dji--fix it

2021-5-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Well update done via the Fly app, went pretty quick to update. did a flight with what was remaining of the battery charge about 65%, went out 4km and back and it went flawless. Not even a drop in signal.
2021-5-12
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 5-12 20:39
Well this is crap, I cannot update the drone on Assistant without constantly getting this notification about fly database update, even when I install it it still asks no matter what I try. Dji--fix it

[view_image]

It came when I tried to update my Air 2S as well. Please update it and everything should work flawlessly.
Also Assistant 2 was updated to the latest version now.

2021-5-13
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI, could we PLEASE get some additional information along with the release notes to actually explain in detail the changes/enhancements/tweaks etc? It's very frustrating when we simply get a single line item with no explanation of the functional changes.

2021-5-13
Use props
Lops
lvl.3
Flight distance : 747772 ft
  • >>>
Germany

sergeant Posted at 5-13 05:59
DJI, could we PLEASE get some additional information along with the release notes to actually explain in detail the changes/enhancements/tweaks etc? It's very frustrating when we simply get a single line item with no explanation of the functional changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAenlTxSlS4

actually ADS-B has been working before the update (Berlin, Germany,Airs2 CE). I have checked that using an external ads-b receiver and the app has shown the same airplane at the same time at the same position as the external receiver (dump1090)... DJI could maybe really specify in more detail what they have actually improved or changed since that would be clever to support the user's interest in the topics..
2021-5-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Ram-UK Posted at 5-13 01:53
It came when I tried to update my Air 2S as well. Please update it and everything should work flawlessly.
Also Assistant 2 was updated to the latest version now.

I managed to get that sorted out last night. I t seems that on the Mac it does not remove the older version of assistant when it does the update
2021-5-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Lops Posted at 5-13 11:48
actually ADS-B has been working before the update (Berlin, Germany,Airs2 CE). I have checked that using an external ads-b receiver and the app has shown the same airplane at the same time at the same position as the external receiver (dump1090)... DJI could maybe really specify in more detail what they have actually improved or changed since that would be clever to support the user's interest in the topics..

Yeah, I also had it working properly before the update. Always seeing manned aircraft approaching in the app whenever a helicopter flies by.
2021-5-13
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Updated using Smart Controller, as it was no computer in area...worked fine.
Also updated the Fly database with map of restricted areas.
SURPRIZE! Error 30064 !!! In same day I had to make a video for a client...!
Lucky for me, I figured out how to solve it:
- Smart Remote connected to internet
- Connect SC to A2S (start Fly APP)
- Error 30064 -> Unlock - > I have permission to flight here, I understand bla-bla-bla, I assume the bla-bla-bla.
- Area unlocked. Altitude 0, Mastershots not working but I can fly.

Seems that DJI updated the FLY database with some crap maps obtained from who knows where, because entire city was marked as LOCKED (stupidity or preparing for C class?)...
Anyway, was good that I figured out how to fix in time that damn error 30064, as there was no time to call for other drones in order to make the footage needed.

So is needed to have internet when you connect with Fly APP at drone, when error pops out check the small button with UNLOCK/ Authorized to flight here. It might ask you for your phone number, I was not asked this time.
2021-5-13
Use props
djiuser_VAiMffaTUyD0
New

Indonesia

Hello i have a very big problem with live view and connection from drone and remote. After 500-750m the connection is lost every time! I thought may cause of firmware but i never find this issue somewhere else please help.
2021-5-13
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Suren Posted at 5-13 13:47
I managed to get that sorted out last night. I t seems that on the Mac it does not remove the older version of assistant when it does the update

That doesn't surprise me. It didn't leave the old version when it automatically updated on my mac, although DJI's mac programming is so bad I'm not surprised when anything doesn't work. Come on DJI, get coder who at least knows the basic norms of how mac programs work
2021-5-15
Use props
fans1adbdd02
lvl.2
United States

I can't delete my posts .... where is delete

Why did you have to Optimize  (environment light detection and warning prompts.) what was going on with that.  My drone seems to be operating fine. Really don't think I need to update something that isn't broke. I live in the middle of nowhere . I don't need air sense activated.
      Movie mode at night seems really dark but camera mode I see fine. I just have to figure how to see better at night. That's operator error
2021-5-15
Use props
fans1adbdd02
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 5-12 11:12
Airsense always worked in the Air2S

Why did you have to Optimize  (environment light detection and warning prompts.) what was going on with that.  My drone seems to be operating fine. Really don't think I need to update something that isn't broke. I live in the middle of nowhere . I don't need air sense activated.
      Movie mode at night seems really dark but camera mode I see fine. I just have to figure how to see better at night. That's operator error
2021-5-15
Use props
fans1adbdd02
lvl.2
United States

No wonder I'm Level 2.. Delete my extra posts

Why did you have to Optimize  (environment light detection and warning prompts.) what was going on with that.  My drone seems to be operating fine. Really don't think I need to update something that isn't broke. I live in the middle of nowhere . I don't need air sense activated.       Movie mode at night seems really dark but camera mode I see fine. I just have to figure how to see better at night. That's operator error
2021-5-15
Use props
Dronescaper
lvl.1

United States

Feature request:

For the panorama photo mode, please add some advanced settings:

A: The ability to forego the rendering of the JPG file and simply save the DNGs to the SD card. This wastes valuable time and energy putting together an image I never use (I combine and process the DNGs myself for a far better final image).

B: The ability to do automatic exposure bracketing with panoramas, enabling automatic capture of HDR panoramas in DNG format. There's currently no good solution for this other than manually orienting the drone and taking individual shots, risking misalignment and taking extra time.

C: Allow for drone movement and reframing of the next shot once the photo sequence finishes... I've lost so many shots thinking that it was storing the raw files once it had finished taking the pictures. I thought I was only abandoning the render at the end. Instead it's abandoning the entire process and saves nothing. This should be made more clear (or fixed, by continuing to write the raw files).

I've been dealing with the last issue since the first Mavic Air and was hoping for some improvements with the 2s but it turns out the render and write time where the drone must stay idle after a panorama has increased with the 2S (likely due to the quality/data increase but still).
2021-5-15
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I've been flying today with the new firmware in my usual area, and I'd say the signal behaviour is nicer now, although they didn't state that in the update info.
2021-5-16
Use props
Raf_IZ0QWM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640843 ft
Italy

Does this update solve the Mastershots 0 altitude issue?
2021-5-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 5-16 09:17
I've been flying today with the new firmware in my usual area, and I'd say the signal behaviour is nicer now, although they didn't state that in the update info.

I also noticed that, I used to get start getting drop outs at 2.5 to 3km but now can go to 4km before the signal drops 1 bar
2021-5-16
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Raf_IZ0QWM Posted at 5-16 09:25
Does this update solve the Mastershots 0 altitude issue?

Simple answer: NO!
On contrary, they made a change in NFZ that if it was before, I have never ever buy it... They put a NFZ like crazy...and cannot unlock it manualy, seems that gives errors that you did not agreed the new terms and conditions ))))
They will kill DJI company with this stupid maps and locks...probably is time to recheck Autel...
2021-5-16
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did this finally add back Courselock, a basic feature that even the Phantom 3 series had?
2021-5-17
Use props
squall74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 394600 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i have just updated the firmware and IOS app v1.4.2 - but I could not find phone charging function in the remote controller setting anymore. Has this been removed?
2021-5-21
Use props
fansb17144fe
New

Mexico

Do you know when will it be available the support for the Mavic Air 2S with Litchi app?
2021-5-26
Use props
pontix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1247274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have just done the update using the battery #1, but when I add the battery #2 and #3 I don't get the update of the battery firmware. Is it normal? It already happened the same with the latest sw update on the Air 2.
2021-5-31
Use props
SengFeng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1539150 ft
United States

sergeant Posted at 5-13 05:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAenlTxSlS4

I'll 100x upvote this if I could.

Imagine if Garmin updated their flight nav software, but you could only discover the "various updates and improvements" once you were in the air.  
2021-6-1
Use props
djiuser_Fx6FZwrKUZ5j
New

United States

Still does not work.
2021-6-15
Use props
djiuser_Fx6FZwrKUZ5j
New

United States

Still dosent work.
2021-6-15
Use props
Raziel89
lvl.1

Poland

Hello,
I have 3 questions:
1. When saving only RAW files not RAW + JPG will be possible? For lot of users it's useless and makes mess, it's only space consuming.
2. When going to battery menu just by clicking battery icon during flight, like it was in DJI GO 4 will be possible?
3. The most important - PLEASE allow to change language from native to English
As a polish user the amount of shortcuts in app is frustrating and it's better to undestand app in english.

Frankly speaking FJI FLY app with comparison to DJI GO 4 is to much castrated... way too much.
2021-6-18
Use props
DJI-Song
New
Flight distance : 190495 ft
United States

感谢分享!
2021-6-27
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

When will DJI finally release a new firmware for this drone?  
2021-7-7
Use props
fans81a2c4a5
New

Canada

The Cine mode really needs some downturning. There is no need at all for the machine to fly at 5m/sec in this mode, that can easily be accomplished with "Normal" mode. Cine mode should operate more like "dolly" mode, and 1. be adjustable, and 2, be topped out at something in the range of the oddly named "Tripod" mode, or for those who don't recall, 1m/sec. In cine mode, using FPV, the ability  to get nice slow smooth transitions is really really difficult, takes away from the "filming" and forces one to focus on the "flying".
2021-7-12
Use props
fans81a2c4a5
New

Canada

In an attempt to slow down the Cine mode, I crafted some new sticks. Being over twice the length of the factory ones, this forces you to move the stick twice as far to accomplish the same range of input. Pretty b ad that hardware has to compensate for not very well designed software. DJI, if you are listening, people do use these things for cinematic effects, and this jerky-jerky stuff that is a result of Ferrari like responses will not ever achieve that result. Just saying. Slow it down please.
ps, nice fly photobomb. It's always something!  ha ha

2021-7-12
Use props
DannyAir2s
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can you please do an update so that quick shots can be used in something other than 30 FPS ?? it makes it totally unuseable as I record in 24 FPS across multiple devices.
The Mavic Air 2 had the facility to chage the FPS in quick shots so why on earth did you release this one without it ?
Wish i had kep my Air 2 now frankly
2021-7-16
Use props
Farlandez
lvl.1

Bangladesh

Thanks a lot, DJI! I will try to update by today.
2021-7-17
Use props
userfb827e5ab7
New

Germany

Got yesterday my air2s new. Updated all, now comes error code 4002+4003 (gimbal blocked). All there is free, nothing blocks it. Help??
2021-7-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules