1944 7 2021-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manxphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3797825 ft
Isle of Man

Hi Guys

I've been very pleased with my Mini 2 since buying it in November 2020 and have logged almost 20 flying hours on it so far, indeed the Phantom 4 Pro had hardly seen any action since!  However, on 15/4/21 it developed a fault.  After a perfectly normal first flight, when I went to carry out a second it wouldn't connect to the controller, even after carrying out the linking procedure.  It then became apparent that I couldn't switch off the Mini 2, I had to resort to removing the battery.  I talked to the supplier (Heliguy) the same day, they were very helpful and I got to talk to a technician with no delay and we went through a few checks over the telephone.  We were unable to sort the problem so they said that I needed to send the done back to them for checks.  I live (just!) outside the UK in the Isle of Man but they arranged collection and it was on it's way back to them on 21/4/21.  They assesed it and informed me on 23/4/21that there seemed to be a problem with the on/off switch and that they would need to send it to yourselves in The Netherlands to claim on the warranty.  This seems to have dragged out and despite a couple of enquiries from me it only seems to have arrived with you on 11/5/21, the suggestion is that the delay was down to post Brexit import problems.  They also tell me that when you repair/replace it that the drone will have to be shipped back to them in the UK 'for checking' before sending on to me in the Isle of Man.

This seems to be a very complicated way of doing things, particularly if there are now import delays from/to the UK.  In comparison, I have a Honda car that is under warranty. It's very reliable but if anything went wrong with it I would return it to the dealer who would order any parts required, fix it and return the car to me.  They wouldn't ship the car to another country!  Based on experience with a previous car, parts could generally be shipped to the Isle of Man and arrive the following day or possibly the one after and the car would be off the road for a couple of days maximum.  I know from previous experience that Heliguy have a team of engineers who are very competent at fixing drones, should they not be allowed to carry out warranty work?  It would really speed things up and also save DJI money.

Cheers
Jon

2021-5-12
Use props
DroneyK
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi. As reported elsewhere in this forum, if your controller will not connect and your drone fails to turn off unless you remove the battery, it could be that you have a long file name on your memory card. It happened to me and it happened to others.
2021-5-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you any unsatisfied experience on the repair process. Could you please send us any details on your case? If you have any reference number provided by the dealers, could you please send it to us? We will help to follow up, thanks.
2021-5-12
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Isle of Man

Hi Wanda

Thanks for getting back to me.  The main problem that I was hoping to highlight was the time delay in initially sending the aircraft to the dealer, them assessing it and then sending it onwards to you if they think it's a warranty issue.  Then you send it back to the dealer and they send it on to me.  Looks like it's probably going to be over a month from me contacting them to me getting the drone back.  After Brexit there seems to be an extra delay of several days for the paperwork to be completed for import to The Netherlands.  I live on an offshore island (the Isle of Man) where we don't have any DJI dealers, so I have to use one in the UK, which all ads to the delay.  My suggestion was, could you not get one of your larger UK dealers to act as a warranty centre?  I've been dealing with Heliguy in the UK for areound six years now, they have always been very helpful over the telphone and on the two occasions that I've needed a drone repaired, the first time they were very quick in reparing it and sending it back and the second supplied the spare parts needed so that I could fix it myself.

My UK agent is Heliguy https://www.heliguy.com/  and their reference is #REP972984

Thank you again for the quick response
Jon
2021-5-13
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Isle of Man

DroneyK Posted at 5-12 13:36
Hi. As reported elsewhere in this forum, if your controller will not connect and your drone fails to turn off unless you remove the battery, it could be that you have a long file name on your memory card. It happened to me and it happened to others.

Hi DroneyK

Thanks for the suggestion, but as the Mini 2 is now away with DJI I can't test it out.  I couldn't find the forum posts you were referring to (so far anyway!) but I do find it strange that a data card problem could prevent the drone connecting to the controller of the battery switching off, but maybe if I find the posts it would be explained.  I've been using the same two cards since I had the drone in November last year, Ihad done just under 20 hours flying with it up to that point with no problems.  I can't remember but I had probably swapped the cards over after the first flight. I've just looked at them now and while one just has the .DCIM and a .MISC foler, the second has a whole lot of files that I certainly didn't write to it, but some Android system evidently has.  I'll format the cards anyway to get rid of this.  They are back in use with my Spark (a poor relacement for the Mini2) with no problems.

Cheers
Jon
2021-5-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

manxphoto Posted at 5-13 00:33
Hi Wanda

Thanks for getting back to me.  The main problem that I was hoping to highlight was the time delay in initially sending the aircraft to the dealer, them assessing it and then sending it onwards to you if they think it's a warranty issue.  Then you send it back to the dealer and they send it on to me.  Looks like it's probably going to be over a month from me contacting them to me getting the drone back.  After Brexit there seems to be an extra delay of several days for the paperwork to be completed for import to The Netherlands.  I live on an offshore island (the Isle of Man) where we don't have any DJI dealers, so I have to use one in the UK, which all ads to the delay.  My suggestion was, could you not get one of your larger UK dealers to act as a warranty centre?  I've been dealing with Heliguy in the UK for areound six years now, they have always been very helpful over the telphone and on the two occasions that I've needed a drone repaired, the first time they were very quick in reparing it and sending it back and the second supplied the spare parts needed so that I could fix it myself.

I understand your situation and I will note down your suggestion and let the related departments notice this.
Regarding yout case, we will do our best to help you out. Since the drone had been shipped back to our service center, we will contact the corresponding team to see how we can help on your case. At the same time, if it is convenient, please contact the dealer for the service case number that DJI provided, which is started with CAS-. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Besides, please click the "Reply" button if you reply to me so I can receive the reminder. Thank you very much.

2021-5-16
Use props
manxphoto
lvl.2
Isle of Man

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-16 00:49
I understand your situation and I will note down your suggestion and let the related departments notice this.
Regarding yout case, we will do our best to help you out. Since the drone had been shipped back to our service center, we will contact the corresponding team to see how we can help on your case. At the same time, if it is convenient, please contact the dealer for the service case number that DJI provided, which is started with CAS-. Look forward to hearing back from you.
Besides, please click the "Reply" button if you reply to me so I can receive the reminder. Thank you very much.

Hi Wanda

Thanks for your interest in this.  I've just received and email from Heliguy saying that a problem was identified with the lower circuit board on the Mini2 and that they are sending a replacement.

Best wishes
Jon
2021-5-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

manxphoto Posted at 5-17 03:52
Hi Wanda

Thanks for your interest in this.  I've just received and email from Heliguy saying that a problem was identified with the lower circuit board on the Mini2 and that they are sending a replacement.

Thanks for your update, Jon. Hope everything goes smoothly.
If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2021-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules