4677 10 2021-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Dave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2133707 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The maximum range on CE mode for 2.4ghz is listed as 8km.
Over water the absolute max distance i can achieve is 2.4km, has anyone with CE got any further ?
Not sure if mine is faulty, or the manufactures listed range is over exaggerated.

2021-5-12
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

There are many factors, like interference, aim of antennas, anything between aircraft and yourself, etc. DJI tests in special circumstances, so I would not expect to actually fly out as far as they claim.
2021-5-12
Use props
Captain Dave
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

videoeditman Posted at 5-12 04:48
There are many factors, like interference, aim of antennas, anything between aircraft and yourself, etc. DJI tests in special circumstances, so I would not expect to actually fly out as far as they claim.

I asked if anyone in CE mode has got a better distance.  I realise about building trees and wifi and anything else you can think of which might inpacked the result , but as I said, I flew out over water, above water level there was nothing else within at least 5km, probably a lot lot further.
2021-5-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I got 4k out which was pretty good flying over trees etc.
2021-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Captain Dave. Good day and thank you for the inquiry.  Just a reminder that when flying above the water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically and only the GPS and barometer are used for positioning, if affected by the accuracy range, and an accident might happen. In addition, the said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. For reference, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Air 2S. Thank you.

2021-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which controller are you using?  Theres a few videos floating about showing the smart controller not performing very well.   Also it could easily be interference,  there's a lot of point to point stuff using 2.4ghz these days it doesn't need to just be wifi type interference.
2021-5-12
Use props
Captain Dave
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 22:42
Which controller are you using?  Theres a few videos floating about showing the smart controller not performing very well.   Also it could easily be interference,  there's a lot of point to point stuff using 2.4ghz these days it doesn't need to just be wifi type interference.

The standard remote with the Air 2s.
I flew out over the sea, in a very remote area, and do not believe there is any point to point links nearby.
I was using my 4g iPad mini 5, and would have had a Samsung mobile in my pocket, other than that nothing near
I know the smart controller had issues, but its not something I have.
2021-5-13
Use props
Captain Dave
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-12 19:40
Hello there Captain Dave. Good day and thank you for the inquiry.  Just a reminder that when flying above the water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically and only the GPS and barometer are used for positioning, if affected by the accuracy range, and an accident might happen. In addition, the said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. For reference, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Air 2S. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you DJI Stephen.  I was in a remote area flying over the sea, nothing nearby. I've been flying drones since  the DJI Flamwheel's , i know which way to stand and hold the remote.
2021-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Captain Dave Posted at 5-13 00:23
Thank you DJI Stephen.  I was in a remote area flying over the sea, nothing nearby. I've been flying drones since  the DJI Flamwheel's , i know which way to stand and hold the remote.

Hi there Captain Dave. Thank you for the reply and for these given information. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-14
Use props
Captain Dave
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-14 01:14
Hi there Captain Dave. Thank you for the reply and for these given information. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

But it doesn't explain why the CE version has such poor range.
2021-5-14
Use props
S.T.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1392575 ft
Greece

Captain Dave Posted at 5-14 03:31
But it doesn't explain why the CE version has such poor range.

DJI Air 2S specs :
Transmission Power (EIRP)
    2.4 GHz:
    FCC: ≤30 dBm
    CE: ≤20 dBm
    SRRC: ≤20 dBm
    MIC: ≤20 dBm
    5.8 GHz:
    FCC: ≤30 dBm
    CE: ≤14 dBm
    SRRC: ≤29 dBm

DJI Air 2 specs :
    Transmitter Power (EIRP)
    2.400-2.4835 GHz:
    FCC: ≤26 dBm
    CE: ≤20 dBm
    SRRC: ≤20 dBm
    MIC: ≤20 dBm

5.725-5.850 GHz:
    FCC: ≤26 dBm
    CE: ≤14 dBm
    SRRC: ≤26 dBm

As you can see its the SAME in CE for the 2 planes !!
Another Marketing Lies for the EU users.

Other than that there are probably more general problems with the range of the Air2S.
Have you ever wondered why there are so few range tests on YouTube?

2021-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules