Bright enough: crystal sky 5.5" at 1000 nits
1760 7 2021-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update:  I have purchased the Smart Controller and it is indeed significantly brighter than my phone and easy to view in direct light.  Over my shoulder with sun reflecting off of it , I just angled it slightly and it was easy to see.  Glad I bought it.  Not as good as my Crystal Sky Ultra, which is 2000 nits and always easy to see.  

Responsive, easy to view and use.  I also like getting back the extra buttons, extra thumb wheel to easily control things like zoom, tilt, etc.  Also I like the HDMI out which lets me use my DJI Goggles through the HDMI in.

--------------------------------------- Original post ---------------------------
I am looking at buying a DJI Smart Controller and the display is essentially the CS 1000 nit display.  I had a CS 7.85 Ultra which went up to 2000 nits and was absolutely, gorgeously bright even with sun over my head.  
1.  What is your useability/viewing experience with the CS 5.5" ?

2.  How does it compare to your brightest phone/tablet (manufacturer & model) that is better than the CS 5.5" 1000 nit display/tablet?
           I have a Samsung S20 Ultra phone and it is viewable, just not bright enough in direct sunlight to make it comfortable to use.  Overcast or in shade it does OK.

Any help is appreciated  -- Thanks,  Bill
2021-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bill. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. The DJI CrystalSky have a maximum 2000 cd/m² of brightness which means that the DJI CrystalSky monitor is more than four times as bright as typical mobile devices. On-screen details are clear and sharp, and colors are vibrant, giving the quality needed to fine tune image composition. A dedicated Sunlight Readability Enhancement mode is especially designed for processing the image in real-time to ensure more comfortable viewing under bright light. For addition reference I will post a link where can see the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI CrystalSky. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/crystalsky/i ... ;from=insite_search
2021-5-12
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-12 19:46
Hello there Bill. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. The DJI CrystalSky have a maximum 2000 cd/m² of brightness which means that the DJI CrystalSky monitor is more than four times as bright as typical mobile devices. On-screen details are clear and sharp, and colors are vibrant, giving the quality needed to fine tune image composition. A dedicated Sunlight Readability Enhancement mode is especially designed for processing the image in real-time to ensure more comfortable viewing under bright light. For addition reference I will post a link where can see the specifications and frequently asked questions for the DJI CrystalSky. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#downloads?site=brandsite&from=insite_search

I already have the Crystal Sky 7.85 Ultra and it is awesome and I love it.  Unfortunately I bought the Air 2S thinking it was going to be using Go 4 with Android version 5.1.1 on my CS.  Unfortunately it uses DJI Fly which requires Android V. 6 or higher.  CS no longer useable.

So I am trying to find out if the Smart Controller with it's 5.5 inch CS like screen (1000 nits) is bright enough for direct sunlight.  At 2000 nits on my CS it is bright and colorful.  My Samsung S20 Ultra phone.  Needs some shade and then it is passable.

Thanks for you input.  S21 Ultra is 1600 nits (I am sure that is "peak brightness") might be good, but so expensive.
2021-5-13
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Guys,

Watch the Ultra. Their is a lot of issues with overheats and failures due to the excessive heat. Do your research. I would stay with the regular model and stay away from the Ultra.

Bottom line, again, do your research.

2021-5-13
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 5-13 09:12
Guys,

Watch the Ultra. Their is a lot of issues with overheats and failures due to the excessive heat. Do your research. I would stay with the regular model and stay away from the Ultra.

I have never had an overheat problem, I owned mine until this week when I sent a Mavic Pro and the CS 7.85 Ultra to my sister in another state.  I flew it about 4 times when I was visiting in AZ, in the fall.  Also in Colorado Springs / Estes park in Colorado in July.  Year round in Ohio.  Dec 2017 until now.
2021-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bill in Ohio Posted at 5-13 07:51
I already have the Crystal Sky 7.85 Ultra and it is awesome and I love it.  Unfortunately I bought the Air 2S thinking it was going to be using Go 4 with Android version 5.1.1 on my CS.  Unfortunately it uses DJI Fly which requires Android V. 6 or higher.  CS no longer useable.

So I am trying to find out if the Smart Controller with it's 5.5 inch CS like screen (1000 nits) is bright enough for direct sunlight.  At 2000 nits on my CS it is bright and colorful.  My Samsung S20 Ultra phone.  Needs some shade and then it is passable.

Hi there Bill. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2021-5-14
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-14 01:25
Hi there Bill. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you. Thank you.

Perhaps you can answer these questions.  
           1000 nits on the Smart Controller, is the smart controller display easy to view in direct sunlight?
            Has anyone at DJI looked at the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra (peak nits 1500) display in sunlight?

Thanks, Bill
2021-5-14
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 5-13 09:12
Guys,

I owned my Crystal Sky from Dec 2017 to now with no issues.  Just this month sent the CS to my sister in Arizona with my old Mavic Pro.  They are enjoying it.  Used it in Montana, Colorado and where I live in Ohio.
2021-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules