544 3 2021-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OnFire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5640 ft

Germany

Hello,

i have a Mavic Mini since August last year and since the beginning every now and then the message that the gimbal is blocked. Most of the time this could be fixed with a reboot and it worked as it should. Over the fall / winter I have not used the Mini. In April I wanted to take a few shots again, unfortunately the gimbal no longer works on one axis. Only the vertical camera pan still works.

I sent the Mini in for repair via Amazon and received a cost estimate of 70 euros from DJI. Allegedly, the flex cable is defective, which should be caused by a fall (from a height of 90 cm!). The Mini definitely did not crash in my presence. The alleged crash is said to have happened two days after the purchase, on which I have completed at most a short test flight indoors. After that, the gimbal still worked, but DJI is not impressed.

To me, this seems anything but plausible. The gimbal is protected on all sides by the body or arm in the event of a collision. How can a flex cable take such damage without even the slightest sign of external damage. In other reports after crashes, there was talk of torn flex cables because the gimbal also came loose.

In several emails, support tells me that there is no production defect. There is no explanation as to how such a defect can happen without any external damage.

Therefore, I would like to escalate the process. Who can I contact?

-

2021-5-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. I'm sorry to know about the issue you've encountered regarding the result of the assessment. Please be advised that I have sent you a PM to verify some information about the case, please check, thank you.
2021-5-12
Use props
OnFire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5640 ft

Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 5-12 10:46
Hi there. I'm sorry to know about the issue you've encountered regarding the result of the assessment. Please be advised that I have sent you a PM to verify some information about the case, please check, thank you.

Unfortunately, the escalation has not been successful. DJI support continues to claim that a crash is to blame for the damage. Therefore, only two possibilities remain: either DJI support is miserable and tries with all possibilities to deny warranty services. Or the product is so poorly designed that the flex cable breaks as if by magic. This was definitely my first and last DJI product. I will now look for alternative drones at Xiaomi or Hubsan. At least Amazon service is excellent and will take the damaged item back.
2021-5-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

OnFire Posted at 5-18 12:53
Unfortunately, the escalation has not been successful. DJI support continues to claim that a crash is to blame for the damage. Therefore, only two possibilities remain: either DJI support is miserable and tries with all possibilities to deny warranty services. Or the product is so poorly designed that the flex cable breaks as if by magic. This was definitely my first and last DJI product. I will now look for alternative drones at Xiaomi or Hubsan. At least Amazon service is excellent and will take the damaged item back.

Hi there, I'm sorry if you feel this way regarding the result of the investigation and to read this feedback regarding your DJI Mavic mini. On our end, we'll have this feedback forwarded to our designated team.
2021-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules