321 5 2021-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_y2l0ai3180Wk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34498 ft
United States

So i am new to this so i have a fee questions
So.i finally was able to pair my controller to drone after a long time. So do i need to pair the two each time i goto fly. My neighnors mavic mini seems so much easier to pair.
  But anyway was curious if both.needed pairing each time

Thamks again

2021-5-12
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

If it was new, you should not have had to pair it at all - should already have been paired.  However once paired, you shouldn't need to pair it again.
2021-5-12
Use props
djiuser_y2l0ai3180Wk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34498 ft
United States

I do appreciate the advice. I would hate to have to pair each and every time I take it out to fly.
                 Thanks again
                         Jeff
2021-5-12
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You only have to re-pair if you change to another drone for the same remote.
2021-5-12
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the correct way to refer to connectivity is pairing and connecting/disconnecting.

in order to fly your drone, your remote and your drone must be connected.
this will be done automatically and it will be done each and every time you power on your drone/controller.  you do not have to manually connect them.

however, in order to connect them together, you must first pair your remote and your drone.   please pair the remote with the drone you intend to fly with.  this must be done manually.  once you do this manually, it does not have to be repeated unless you want to make a connection with a different remote or different drone.  only one remote/drone combination can be paired.  if you pair a new device, it will override the old pairing (for the most part).

when you received your new drone out of the box, it should have already been paired.  obviously it will not connect until you power them on and that should have happened automatically.

pairing is a manual one-time process and connecting/disconnecting is automatic (for the most part) and occurs multiple times or as you put it "every time you take it out to fly."

hope this helps.
2021-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jeff. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. As posted above you do not need to pair the said DJI drone to its remote controller every time you use it. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules