Remote Controller Signal Weak error
4854 6 2021-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbarton
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877110 ft
United States

More and more, I keep getting Remote Control Signal Weak error and Remote Control disconnected errors even when I'm standing right next to it.  If I fly it will eventually disconnect, but some of my inputs will be significantly delayed by several seconds and others inputs won't do anything.  Remote is fully charged, and phone is in airplane mode.  Any ideas what can be wrong or how to fix it?

Screenshot_20210512-165154_sm.jpg
2021-5-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is very likely you have a WiFi router very close to you when that is happening, as WiFi competes for radio space with the drone.
2021-5-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The indicator on the screen seems to show good WiFi level. I am not sure what that message means. Is it telling you the communication between the remote and phone is bad?
2021-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sbarton. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? Thank you.
2021-5-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 5-12 19:21
The indicator on the screen seems to show good WiFi level. I am not sure what that message means. Is it telling you the communication between the remote and phone is bad?

The signal strength indicator is showing a strong signal, but it does not mean that the signal is the one from the RC unit, it could simply indicate a strong WiFi router signal close by. The screen message is from the aircraft, indicating the signal from the RC is weak. This is the reason I made the suggestion that there is another competing source of signal close by.
2021-5-12
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 5-12 14:59
It is very likely you have a WiFi router very close to you when that is happening, as WiFi competes for radio space with the drone.

I think this is the issue.  Will have to test it some more.  
2021-5-13
Use props
sbarton
lvl.3
United States

Here is one of the flights in question.  Notice at the end even though it says 0% Radio Signal, you can still see the sticks move on the controller.  Note that at the time, I was moving the sticks the whole time trying to regain control.  You'll see that I moved left stick full right for a few seconds.  In reality I moved it right for less than 2 seconds.  It did nothing at the time.  I released it, then it moved all of a sudden as if my inputs where delayed and then continuing the input as if it was stuck sending that input.  
https://app.airdata.com/flight/7 ... ns&val=detailed
2021-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules