Why couldn't the Air 2 complete this boomerang quick shot?
752 5 2021-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

Why did my Air 2 mess up this seemingly simple boomerang quick shot? The distance was 80 feet. I couldn't have had a more clear subject, at least to my human eye. I've done many quick shots before and have never had this problem before. I did a second boomerang quick shot and the Air 2 did the same thing, and a third going counter-clockwise with the same results. My fingers were not on any of the controls.

You can see as it tries to swing around again and come back, it gets really confused and ends up pointing the camera straight down. Huh? What's going on?

2021-5-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. In the Quickshot ( Boomerang ) the sais DJI drone flies around the subject in an oval path, ascending as it flies away from its starting point and descending as it flies back. The DJI drone's starting point forms one end of the oval's long axis, while the other end of its long axis is at the opposite side of the subject from the starting point. Make sure there is sufficient space when using Boomerang. Allow a radius of at least 99 ft (30 m) around the aircraft and allow at least 33 ft (10 m) above the aircraft. In addition, please do not use the Quickshot function in any of the following situations listed below. Thank you.

2021-5-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you checked the log file - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2021-5-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely not normal.  Not sure what is causing the issue but I'd try reloading DJI Fly App and make sure firmware on drone is up to date using DJI Assistant 2.  If issues persists might need to contact DJI Support.  Good luck getting the issue resolved quickly.
2021-5-13
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-12 22:37
Have you checked the log file - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/

Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I've graduated to the Big Leagues if I'm analyzing my drone log file now. I've been looking for an excuse to do this and now I've got it.

Would I just look through the log looking for anything that looks unusual? Or what would I be looking for.
2021-5-13
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-12 21:17
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. In the Quickshot ( Boomerang ) the sais DJI drone flies around the subject in an oval path, ascending as it flies away from its starting point and descending as it flies back. The DJI drone's starting point forms one end of the oval's long axis, while the other end of its long axis is at the opposite side of the subject from the starting point. Make sure there is sufficient space when using Boomerang. Allow a radius of at least 99 ft (30 m) around the aircraft and allow at least 33 ft (10 m) above the aircraft. In addition, please do not use the Quickshot function in any of the following situations listed below. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thank you DJI Stephen. I am confused about one thing. The manual you quoted says, "Allow a radius of at least 99 ft" and yet the minimum distance for a boomerang I can set in the DJI Fly App is 80 ft.

Does this mean the Fly App lets me set the distance closer than the instructions suggest?
2021-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules