Drones blocked firefighters delayed efforts to fight wildfire
1192 11 2015-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P3Life
lvl.1

United States

this is why every state is going ban all drone this suck bad for all of us just bad.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/us ... way-fire/index.html
2015-7-18
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

I am finding it hard to believe that there is not one single picture of all of these drones. Let alone any drone footage of the fires
2015-7-18
Use props
lostinthezone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

CNN is taking a bad situation (fires) and trying to sensationalize it with this story about the 'drones'.  They want to keep stirring the pot because then they have more fear mongering to report on.

Rob  
2015-7-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

All they would of had to do was fly their chopper above the drone and dump their water right on it..  Come on now people, a p3 or a full size chopper, wtf do you think is going to win that fight?  There is nothing that drone could do to harm a chopper..  I can't even see it even being able to fly with 100+ mph winds from the choppers blades blowing down at it...  Why do you think a helicopter got the name chopper? Either someone hates drones and wants to negatively affect them in the media or someone was going to look bad for something and used a drone as an excuse not to look like a dipshit for something, maybe the didn't get to the water drop spot fast enough, or they dumped water in the wrong spot..  Something, and if it wasn't a helicopter in the story what else could it be? I can't see a p3 hampering any thing going on down on the ground....  Society will never cease to ama e me!
2015-7-18
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

OR they are actually a risk. Gotta love forums for all the expert advice that gets given out for free.
2015-7-19
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Yes i am feel a something s/f story here too. This is another incident with a firefigters, about months ago they tried to destroy drone by a water. Everybody saw this movie and everybody saw the drone pilot causes not danger.
Maybe i am wrong but in my opinion some services want to ban drones everywhere because they do not want everybody can see and record how they work. And articles like this are a step in this direction. This could be an uncomfortable proof of mistakes.
However, messing in a firefighters or police work by a drone or even a flying shoe, should be punished by a jail.

2015-7-19
Use props
DMB2015
lvl.2

Canada

What did seemed odd to me is they were saying there were 5 drones.  What are the odds of five drones being up over that incident on the highway?  Did I miss that they actually had eyewitnesses to the "hobby drones" .   Having said that, no question, one should not be flying anywhere near a fire.  
2015-7-19
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

There have been three hobby drone incidents in California THIS YEAR that prevented fire fighting aircraft to operate over a fire area.

Like this: http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/19/drones-hindered-firefighting-efforts-california/

DO NOT FLY if there is any sort of fire within 5 miles of you!  Otherwise...  ALL HOBBY DRONES WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY.

You will be Arrested.

Don't fly near fires people!

2015-7-19
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh yes there were four cars with people in them that stopped by the road took out their drones, and flew above the fires to get video footage. What are the odds that could happen never mind that it did. ZERO.
2015-7-19
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

I believe it's mostly newspapers and media using them and passing the footage as chopper footage. And the big ones that can't fly there choppers to cover the news event are mad so they want to make sure that drones don't get to see the light of day.
2015-7-19
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-7-20 12:00
I believe it's mostly newspapers and media using them and passing the footage as chopper footage. An ...

I call bs on all these 'stories'...   Now they will be called  Heros for flying around a 2.5 pound quad copter... Less dangerous than a fat bird.... Just knock 'em out of the way if they are a hinderence.
2015-7-21
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

I see the appeal off recording something as immense as wild fire, but it is akin to slowing down and staring at a traffic accident. People shouldn't be doing it is probably the same sort of people who fly a drone over a crowded venue or too close to animals.

They shouldn't do it.

I did have the same thought as someone else and that is they should drop water over the drones as a Phantom would not stay airborne in those circumstances, but there is a couple of problems with that 1) the drones are not over the fire in many cases so it is a wasted load 2) the drones may be over bystanders and dropping water on bystanders in the US will probably get someone sued. But if circumstances allow they should do it.

I do not think though that hitting a drone in a helicopter or a plane which is potentially near stall speed and with a heavy load is going to be very good for anyone involved.
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules