Osmo Action - Incorrect file creation time
3090 20 2021-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charvel
lvl.4
Poland

Osmo Action, latest firmware. The time of the video files is moved forward one hour from the set time in the camera.
For example - a recording started at 5 p.m. is saved on the microsd card with the creation time of 6 p.m. There are no time zone settings in the webcam - what is this caused by?

2021-5-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Never noticed on mine, maybe  D.S.T plays a toll.
2021-5-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Charvel. Thanks for reaching out! If you haven't tried, please connect the Osmo Action to the DJI Fly to synchronize the time with your mobile device.
2021-5-13
Use props
Charvel
lvl.4
Poland

I don't see any app called DJI Fly on Google Play.
Also - why should I install another app on my phone and connect the camera to it. The date and time is set correctly on OA. It is OA that saves the files with the wrong time (moved forward one hour). There is no setting in the webcam regarding either daylight saving time or time zones. The problem appeared after the last firmware version.
Combined with the fact that for two years we couldn't get around to adding a date/time overlay to the video - the whole thing is starting to be inconvenient for someone who takes into account the date and time of the recording.
And one more thing - I do not and do not intend to use a smartphone for any editing / editing / etc related to videos on OA.
Since I bought the OA ( vacation 2019) DJI Mimo has not once been able to properly update the firmware on the OA. I have tried multiple times on both OnePlus 3T, Huawei P20, OnePlus 7T - to no avail. This best proves how "successful" this app is
2021-5-14
Use props
Charvel
lvl.4
Poland

DJI's super customer approach. Zero response, zero reference to the reported problem.
The first and last DJI camera I bought Bravo, point for you guys.
2021-5-28
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Charvel Posted at 5-28 02:04
DJI's super customer approach. Zero response, zero reference to the reported problem.
The first and last DJI camera I bought  Bravo, point for you guys.

Wellcome to the world of DJI. I think the old adage of if it’s not broke don’t fix it has been altered to if it’s broke we won’t fix it.
2021-5-28
Use props
djiuser_BBEwLAZaV94Q
New

Germany

#Quick Reply Here#Bent u op zoek naar een plaats, een plaats om vrij verkrijgbare medicijnen te kopen of te bestellen voor discrete levering online in Nederland, België, ZWEDEN, DENEMARKEN OF NOORWEGEN tot uw beschikking zonder stress. Als u slapeloosheid, vermoeidheid of lichaamspijn beu bent, aarzel dan niet om contact met ons op te nemen voor een snel herstel. Een van de beste online verkopen van opioïden en andere opmerkelijke pijnstillers en medicijnen tegen slapeloosheid die u vanaf nu alleen online kunt krijgen in DENEMARKEN, ZWEDEN en NOORWEGEN. De meeste mensen zijn geïnteresseerd om rechtstreeks in de winkel te kopen, neem gewoon contact met ons op en u zult zien dat dit uw garantie op online medicijnen verhoogt. Koop uw pillen en allerhande slaappillen in ZWEDEN, DENEMARKEN, NOORWEGEN, BULKEEP en NEDERLAND  neem contact met ons op via e-mail: .. lensshopia@gmail.com
2021-5-28
Use props
djiuser_BBEwLAZaV94Q
New

Germany

#Quick Reply Here#Bent u op zoek naar een plaats, een plaats om vrij verkrijgbare medicijnen te kopen of te bestellen voor discrete levering online in Nederland, België, ZWEDEN, DENEMARKEN OF NOORWEGEN tot uw beschikking zonder stress. Als u slapeloosheid, vermoeidheid of lichaamspijn beu bent, aarzel dan niet om contact met ons op te nemen voor een snel herstel. Een van de beste online verkopen van opioïden en andere opmerkelijke pijnstillers en medicijnen tegen slapeloosheid die u vanaf nu alleen online kunt krijgen in DENEMARKEN, ZWEDEN en NOORWEGEN. De meeste mensen zijn geïnteresseerd om rechtstreeks in de winkel te kopen, neem gewoon contact met ons op en u zult zien dat dit uw garantie op online medicijnen verhoogt. Koop uw pillen en allerhande slaappillen in ZWEDEN, DENEMARKEN, NOORWEGEN, BULKEEP en NEDERLAND  neem contact met ons op via e-mail: .. lensshopia@gmail.com
2021-5-28
Use props
djiuser_BBEwLAZaV94Q
New

Germany

Bent u op zoek naar een plaats, een plaats om vrij verkrijgbare medicijnen te kopen of te bestellen voor discrete levering online in Nederland, België, ZWEDEN, DENEMARKEN OF NOORWEGEN tot uw beschikking zonder stress. Als u slapeloosheid, vermoeidheid of lichaamspijn beu bent, aarzel dan niet om contact met ons op te nemen voor een snel herstel. Een van de beste online verkopen van opioïden en andere opmerkelijke pijnstillers en medicijnen tegen slapeloosheid die u vanaf nu alleen online kunt krijgen in DENEMARKEN, ZWEDEN en NOORWEGEN. De meeste mensen zijn geïnteresseerd om rechtstreeks in de winkel te kopen, neem gewoon contact met ons op en u zult zien dat dit uw garantie op online medicijnen verhoogt. Koop uw pillen en allerhande slaappillen in ZWEDEN, DENEMARKEN, NOORWEGEN, BULKEEP en NEDERLAND

neem contact met ons op via e-mail: .. lensshopia@gmail.com
2021-5-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Turn on camera.

Swipe down
Press Gear
Scroll to bottom
Open Date
press time

o set to your time

Press X
Shut down

did  it correctly save?

2021-5-28
Use props
Charvel
lvl.4
Poland

The date and time is set correctly on OA. It's not a problem with the wrong time and date setting on the camera, it's a problem with the wrong time the camera creates files on the card. Restore factory settings / format sd card - did not help.
2021-5-28
Use props
Charvel
lvl.4
Poland

AlanHd Posted at 5-28 02:43
Wellcome to the world of DJI. I think the old adage of if it’s not broke don’t fix it has been altered to if it’s broke we won’t fix it.

I'll rather be saying goodbye to the world of DJI Drones didn't interest me as much as I thought before buying Spark, and asking to fix bugs or add basic features to OA is not going to happen. Always the best way to express disapproval is to invest money in the competition
2021-6-1
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Charvel Posted at 6-1 02:36
I'll rather be saying goodbye to the world of DJI  Drones didn't interest me as much as I thought before buying Spark, and asking to fix bugs or add basic features to OA is not going to happen. Always the best way to express disapproval is to invest money in the competition

Such a pity as well as there hardware is great but they are let down by R&D software. It almost seams like they only have one team working on software and as soon as they release a new product they forget all about previous devices,
2021-6-1
Use props
Traycer
New

Canada

I recently purchased an Osmo Action, and noticed this discrepancy as well. I am still investigating, but I suspect that the DJI Mimo app silently updates a time zone setting in the camera itself.

I performed a test just now. Actual time is 11:12 pm EDT. Camera's internal clock is also set to 11:12 pm. But for some reason, the file timestamp on the microSD card says 6:12 pm (-5 hours). Even more puzzling, the EXIF metadata says 10:12 pm (-1 hour). So there is a four-hour difference between the EXIF and the filesystem timestamp... and both are incorrect.
2021-6-1
Use props
Charvel
lvl.4
Poland

AlanHd Posted at 6-1 08:33
Such a pity as well as there hardware is great but they are let down by R&D software. It almost seams like they only have one team working on software and as soon as they release a new product they forget all about previous devices,

Have you seen DJI's response on this topic? Suggesting that I connect my camera to the DJI Fly is a joke. Not only is their app not listed in the play.google.com store and you have to download it from their site, it takes up over 300mb. I'll be installing 300MB of DRON apps so the CAMERA will have the correct time. Can anyone at DJI fathom the fact that some people don't need the camera integration with the app and smartphone at all? I shoot a video, connect the camera to my laptop, copy the files. I do not need an application which in addition for two years does not work properly (see info about still unsuccessful firmware updates via DJI Mimo). Apparently it is too difficult for them to understand. I'm writing this not to complain, but for their future potential customers to read how they will be treated once they become their customer. I've always found that the best way to express your dissatisfaction is to stop buying anything from a company that has let you down.

2021-6-3
Use props
AncientLord
New

Norway

I bought my first Osmo Action when it was first released in 2019. It has functioned great, and i have no problems with incorrect time on this one.

On November 2020, i bought my second Osmo Action, just to have an extra. This one has the incorrect time as described in this thread. Even if i set the correct time in the settings, the files on the MicroSD always adds one hour extra. This means that 4:30 becomes 5:30. This bug occurs on the latest firmware v01.10.00.40, and on firmware v01.09.00.10. It probably happens no matter what firmware it is.

I have tried everything to fix it myself, but there is nothing i can do to correct this. DJI's firmware team are the only ones that can fix it.

My second Osmo Action was manufactured before mid 2020. I have also noticed that it produces slightly darker images, or it has a white balance functioning differently. This makes me conclude that the later versions of this camera, could possibly have a different hardware than the early versions. This would mean that the firmware created for the early versions in mind, likely implements bugs that only affects the later versions of this camera. DJI should then be able to fix the errors with incorrect time, by tweaking their firmware, so that the firmware corrects the bug with incorrect time on the later versions of this camera based on what serial number (or manufacturing date) the cameras have.

Because of the pandemic, there is a worldwide shortage of hardware components, which forces the manufacturers to use other hardware components. I can imagine that this would cause bugs in the later versions of the camera, if those who creates the firmware is not taking this into account, and tweaking the firmware to "speak" correctly to new hardware components. It should be a easy fix for DJI anyways.
2021-6-8
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

oh man, I have the same issue, just noticed it.  One camera is off by one hour.   
has anyone figured this out?   I wonder if it's related to starting a recording in the Mimo app?  it's possible that could set DST or something?

The time is off when you look at the files on the PC, both cams have the same date and time set on them, double checked that.

2021-10-17
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

hmm I have DJI fly but there is no way it will connect to a osmo action, tried it, only has Drones as the connection options.....
2021-10-17
Use props
djiuser_0FMSjsG5ZhM4
lvl.1

United States

Same with OM5 and Mimo app. And filenames are random hashes (LBQ0323.mp4, PGJU34434...). Got 2 timestamps, both wrong, a 6 hour diff and a 1 hour diff.
Frustrating trying to sort by capture time between these files and ones taken with iOS Photo app during same event.
2021-10-22
Use props
djiuser_NTtAbSabCQLc
New

United States

I just bought OSMO ACTION and I have same issue! I have the latest firmware V01.01.00.40. However, this problem only occurs in the video file, the capture date and time shown in the photo file are correct!
2021-10-30
Use props
StampMeRight
New

Norway

I have been very frustated by the Osmo Action for a while, because it had a tendency to suddenly start adding +1 hour to the clips which the camera creates. Since it adds +1 hour, it only seems logical that the camera has an automatic adjustment to compensate for "Daylight Saving Time".

This feature seems to be a bit poorly implemented, or we could call it a "bug", which even might have confused the creators of the firmware. I recently did some tests to verify that it indeed has something to do with a "Daylight Saving Time" feature of the Osmo Action.

I created one clip for every month, with the Osmo Action, by quickly changing the month in the camera-settings-menu before each clip. It got to my attention that it created some months with the correct timestamp, but it also created some months with an incorrect timestamp. I narrowed it down further, and noticed that the problem ocurred in march and in october, at exactly march 27 and in october 30.

These are the two exact dates for when we adjust for "Daylight Saving Time" or "Summer Time" in 2022. This test verifies that the Osmo Action's implementation of the automatic adjustment for "Daylight Saving Time", is a bit poorly made. For the users, the confusion mainly occurs because the time-adjustment-setting in the camera-settings-menu does not visually change (by it automatically adding +1 hour as well) when the cameras adjustment for "Daylight Saving Time" (or "Summer Time") automatically kicks in at march 27. If the developers had also made sure that the time-adjustment-setting in the camera-settings-menu had also automatically incremented with +1 hour when "Summer Time" kicked in, and with -1 hour when "Winter Time" kicks in, then a lot of frustration and confusion would have been avoided.

To counter-attack this "bug", we need to remember to set time according with "Standard Time" ("Normal Time", "Winter Time") only, no matter what date of the year we are in, and just let the time-adjustment setting be left alone for the most part, and to just let the automatic adjustment do it's thing when it adjusts for them. I have been frustrated and mad at this "bug" several times, but now as we know why it happens, we can easily get the settings straight once and for all.

It does not seem like we have a possibility to turn off the automatic adjustment for "Daylight Saving Time", which could create further problems in the future, if the world leaders suddenly decided to ditch the whole "Daylight Saving Time" thing once and for all.
2022-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules