Disable Sideways Flight
822 5 2021-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tdgm
lvl.1
United States

If Disable sideways Flight is enabled  will that effect the avoidance object to go around an object (auto mode)?

2021-5-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I doubt it will, but it will not allow you to move the sticks sideways for the drone. Set your OA to bypass and it should work.
2021-5-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tdgm. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Just a reminder that the DJI Air 2S cannot sense obstacle if the Obstacle Avoidance is disabled. The said DJI drone cannot fly left or right if Sideways Flight is disabled. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-5-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-13 19:42
Hello there Tdgm. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. Just a reminder that the DJI Air 2S cannot sense obstacle if the Obstacle Avoidance is disabled. The said DJI drone cannot fly left or right if Sideways Flight is disabled. Thank you and fly safe always.

Amazing reply of you Stephen!

You do not understand what he is asking !!

With OA enabled AND sideways flight disabled : will the drone fly left or right around obstacles ??

cheers
JJB
2021-5-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

I tested this, with OA enabled and Sideways disabled : it will fly left or right around an obstacle.
[ MA2 on latest FW and latest FlyApp ]

see video and move line in chart for the part of the video where sideways is disabled.

Should tested this on a more solid object, MA2 want to find a gap in the tree to fly through...
What i noticed ; if you start moving close to an obstacle then performance is worse that when you start further away, software like to built a bigger 'picture' to see how it can fly along or above obstacles.

cheers
JJB

OAsideways.png
2021-5-14
Use props
Tdgm
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Everyone
2021-5-14
Use props
Advanced