Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Connect RC to P4R when WiFi is on
1677 10 2021-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

Hi
I wanted to connect My RC to P4R when WiFi is on, but RC showed a message like this "Please turn off WiFi before connecting to drone".

What is wrong with my RC ?
2021-5-13
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Phantom 4 Pro ?
2021-5-13
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the Phantom 4 RTK forum. P4R = Phantom 4 RTK.

Technically a P4P V2 is the chassis on which the P4R is built, but in terms of the RC, software, etc. (just about everything besides batteries , camera, and props) the P4R is different.
2021-5-13
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I've gotten that error briefly as well, but generally a restart (or two) of the P4R and/or the RC has cleared it up.

With all the linking dances between the P4R, D-RTK 2 (if used) and RC I find there's a lot of quirkiness and weird error messages that come up that can be resolved by power cycling one or more components.

Using a "custom network RTK" (NTRIP) connection requires exactly what you're trying to do (having RC wireless on and then linking w/ P4R) so it's pretty important.

All that being said, you're an old hand with this platform so I don't imagine I've told you anything you didn't already know. Sorry, you've probably already tried the restart remedy before posting. But I guess this might help someone else who reads this thread.
2021-5-13
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Iran

patiam Posted at 5-13 11:04
I've gotten that error briefly as well, but generally a restart (or two) of the P4R and/or the RC has cleared it up.

With all the linking dances between the P4R, D-RTK 2 (if used) and RC I find there's a lot of quirkiness and weird error messages that come up that can be resolved by power cycling one or more components.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Based on several weird things that I've seen about P4R, I doubted that It must be one of built-in setting of DJI and there is no way to solve it. Because when I connected to P4R I couldn't turn WiFi on and it was disable.
2021-5-13
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like something is wrong w/ the RC, as you surmised.
2021-5-14
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Iran

patiam Posted at 5-14 15:58
Sounds like something is wrong w/ the RC, as you surmised.
Hi
I'm sure about DJI built-in setting.

What is going on in the minds of DJI engineers?
IMG-20210520-WA0036.jpeg
2021-5-20
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't understand. I use my P4R while connected to WiFi all the time. In fact it's the way we get NTRIP connections, as I mentioned before.
I generally get WiFi connected before linking to the aircraft, but not always.
What happens when you click OK, do as the prompt says, and then attempt to re-establish the link w/ the AC after connecting to WiFi? Is that when you get the message in your first post?
I dunno, maybe there are region-specific limits or differences in P4R capabilities? (I'm in USA)
2021-5-22
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Iran

patiam Posted at 5-22 09:59
I don't understand. I use my P4R while connected to WiFi all the time. In fact it's the way we get NTRIP connections, as I mentioned before.
I generally get WiFi connected before linking to the aircraft, but not always.
What happens when you click OK, do as the prompt says, and then attempt to re-establish the link w/ the AC after connecting to WiFi? Is that when you get the message in your first post?

I'm agree with you. My new P4R is Europe version and unfortunately I found that it has this limitation.
Please read this
2021-5-22
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ah, I see. I knew there were some regional differences but not that this was one of them. Bummer!
2021-5-22
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Iran

patiam Posted at 5-22 19:07
Ah, I see. I knew there were some regional differences but not that this was one of them. Bummer!

What I can't understand is why Wi-Fi must be turned off when RC wants to connect to P4R !

When Wi-Fi is on and RC connected to P4R, what problems could take place that make developers to prevent that occurrence.
2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules