New purchase - Regression issues after update
706 7 2021-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kangawoo
New

United States

I just received this camera today, May 13th, 2021.
After I first opened the camera I played around with all the settings and learned how it works. Almost everything worked fantastically.
Then I updated the firmware through the Mimo app.
Then I started seeing issues that I didn't see before the update.

1. voice commands don't work while recording video on 1080p but works while recording on 4k. I don't know about other settings. This is a terrible issue. Voice commands allow you to switch screen, and start/stop video but this bug just makes it completely useless.

2. clicking the quick switch button or double tapping the display with two fingers to switch display doesn't work while recording video. Only holding the quick switch button works. It's just extra friction having to hold the button to change the screen.

3. screen switches on saying "switch" alone, rather than the full command "screen switch." It's a lot easier to be saying the word "switch" which makes it very annoying when the display keeps changing. I had to resort to turning off the voice commands which defeats its purpose.
2021-5-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, kangawoo. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. We recommend performing a factory reset via the Osmo Action Settings and see if that could resolve the issues. If it doesn't, we strongly suggest uploading a video of the mentioned issues and a photo of the current firmware installed on your Osmo Action so we can forward this and check it further.
2021-5-13
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I found the voice commands never understood me, or they are pretty hit and miss, so I don't use them.
2021-5-14
Use props
kangawoo
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-13 23:39
Hi, kangawoo. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're experiencing. We recommend performing a factory reset via the Osmo Action Settings and see if that could resolve the issues. If it doesn't, we strongly suggest uploading a video of the mentioned issues and a photo of the current firmware installed on your Osmo Action so we can forward this and check it further.

I have done the factory reset. The issues still exist.
I am uploading a video and a photo of the firmware version as you suggested.
I realized #2 is not an issue because it says in the quick guide that only holding the QS button will switch screens during recording.
And #1 doesn't seem to be an issue anymore as "stop recording" works now. "screen switch" command doesn't work while recording but I assume that's by design.
But I did find another issue that I didn't mention originally. The new issue is that when I have the recording set to 1080p/60 and say "start recording" it starts recording in 2.7k/60/Underwater AWB for some reason.

So to recap the issues:
1. "start recording" command switches the recording mode to 2.7k/60 and starts recording instead of recording on whatever mode it's currently at. [HUGE issue]
2. "screen switch" command works while not recording, but screen will also switch upon saying "switch"  which is a lot easier to say. [Minor issue]

VIDEO: https://photos.app.goo.gl/47AgRMeVvwLsJ6B86 (add link is not working)

2021-5-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

A few months ago we were talking about VC (voice command) how it acts  to certain gestures. when using in. never did  DJI fix it. not a new issue. if asked.  If you feel you   were with a  better firmware, return get a new camera, do not update.  Or downgrade via the  topic here if like, do you remember the old fw you had?
2021-5-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

While recording you have to long press the side to switch the screen, it works
2021-5-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

kangawoo Posted at 5-14 05:51
I have done the factory reset. The issues still exist.
I am uploading a video and a photo of the firmware version as you suggested.
I realized #2 is not an issue because it says in the quick guide that only holding the QS button will switch screens during recording.

Thanks, and we'll have this check with our team. Should there be any update, we'll immediately let you know.
2021-5-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Please do a video of you recording, and trying the switch screen manually
2021-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules