Video player other than VLC for 2s videos on PC?
3968 6 2021-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike90210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183556 ft
United States

For some reason (on 2 different pc's), I get some some choppyness playing videos using VLC video player.  

It seems smoother using Window Media Player but I hate that player.

Window Media Player prompted me to download an additional codec from the Microsoft Store which I can't do on my work computer.

So, I'm looking for a better player, one that easily goes into full screen mode, doesn't choke on 4k video, and supports keyboard shortcuts for FF / REW.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

2021-5-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what video player they are using to view there work and can give out some information with regards to this matter as well. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-5-14
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-14 22:43
Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what video player they are using to view there work and can give out some information with regards to this matter as well. Thank you and fly safe always.

Playback is mostly dictated by the graphics power of your PC or IOS. You need a powerful graphics card for sure and even more powerful processor
2021-5-16
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Media Player Classic Best and lite.

http://www.codecguide.com/
2021-5-16
Use props
Mike90210
lvl.3
United States

Thanks @LoveYou:

I downloaded the k-lite codec pack as well as their "MPC-HC player".

https://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm

No more choppy video !!!

I haven't retried VLC player yet after the codec install but I'm thrill to have anything that can play my awesome drone videos !!

Thanks!
Mike

2021-5-22
Use props
Seamavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52779 ft
United States

Mike90210 Posted at 5-22 06:54
Thanks @LoveYou:

I downloaded the k-lite codec pack as well as their "MPC-HC player".

Same issue here but forgot to update codec pack. Lol, lots of people swear VLC is the bees knee...not!
2021-12-6
Use props
Mike90210
lvl.3
United States

I solved it by switching to MPH-HC player which has been flawless, stable and simply awesome !
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules