Will batteries stay at 100% left on charger after charge?
858 4 2021-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike90210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183556 ft
United States

Will batteries stay at 100% left on charger after charge?How about the controller?

I'm guessing the intelligent firmare is smart enough to stop charging at 100% and then allow them to loose the 5% /day as if they were promptly taken off charger after the charge is complete.

Is that correct?

Thanks,
Mike

2021-5-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Air 2S has an Auto-Discharging function to prevent the battery for swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery level when it is idle for one day and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for 5 days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process. For additional reference I will post a list of the intelligent flight battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_v1.0_eu.pdf

2021-5-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't say about the A2s because I don't have one. But the batteries for my MA2 do NOT discharge when left on the charger. I use that feature to always have one fully charged battery. I do rotate the 3 batteries from the charger to the drone, idle, and back every few days.
2021-5-14
Use props
Mike90210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1183556 ft
United States

Thanks @Gary.

There was all kinds of drama over in the Mini 2 group because their batteries don't discharge if in the drone or in the battery case (even if not connected).

-Mike
2021-5-15
Use props
DGCA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 465062 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-14 19:48
I can't say about the A2s because I don't have one. But the batteries for my MA2 do NOT discharge when left on the charger. I use that feature to always have one fully charged battery. I do rotate the 3 batteries from the charger to the drone, idle, and back every few days.

It would certainly be convenient if the A2S charger also kept the batteries fully charged. But it doesn't. I guess safety won out over convenience (battery swelling and such).
2021-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules