Linking smart controller to DJI Air 2S
3188 8 2021-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P.laspeyres
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30804 ft
Australia

I have received the brand new smart controller. I managed to link my Air 2S to it after pressing the battery button on the battery. However every time I start the smart controller and drone, when I click Connect and choose the Air 2S tile option mon the smart controller, it requires linking again. I have to press again the button on the battery to link controller and Air 2 S.
Is it normal?
I would have thought that,  after linking the first time, the drone remains linked.
Can you provide guidance as this is frustrating me?
Thanks

2021-5-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Assuming that you have both the Air2S and the Smart Controller (SC) updated to their latest firmware, You shouldn't have to pair them on each use... unless you use the SC with another drone in between. Do you use it with other drones?  

I find it easiest to just hit the "Connect" icon that comes up on the SC screen and that will launch the aircraft management which will walk through the pairing...I have found though that the SC is a bit slow in switch to the actual pairing step (where you have to hold the Air2S's power button until it beeps).

There are a few decent videos on YouTube that get into the procedure pretty well...But yeah, it shouldn't need to be paired each time if just using it for the one drone
2021-5-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-5-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there P.laspeyres. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have information you have given. It is required that you also update the DJI Mavic Air 2S to version v02.04.16.40 via the DJI Assistant 2 ( Consumer Drones Series ) before it can be linked to the DJI Smart Controller that is already running V01.01.0040. Once they're all running the matching firmware, they can now be linked and use together. Thank you.
2021-5-14
Use props
P.laspeyres
lvl.1
Australia

jmb63 Posted at 5-14 05:43
Assuming that you have both the Air2S and the Smart Controller (SC) updated to their latest firmware, You shouldn't have to pair them on each use... unless you use the SC with another drone in between. Do you use it with other drones?  

I find it easiest to just hit the "Connect" icon that comes up on the SC screen and that will launch the aircraft management which will walk through the pairing...I have found though that the SC is a bit slow in switch to the actual pairing step (where you have to hold the Air2S's power button until it beeps).

Thanks for the advice. This morning I tried again and it worked. No linking required anymore.
Great to this issue solved.
Thanks
2021-5-14
Use props
P.laspeyres
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-14 19:13
Hello there P.laspeyres. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have information you have given. It is required that you also update the DJI Mavic Air 2S to version v02.04.16.40 via the DJI Assistant 2 ( Consumer Drones Series ) before it can be linked to the DJI Smart Controller that is already running V01.01.0040. Once they're all running the matching firmware, they can now be linked and use together. Thank you.

Thanks. All sorted. Appreciate the response
2021-5-14
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

P.laspeyres@gmail.com Posted at 5-14 19:45
Thanks for the advice. This morning I tried again and it worked. No linking required anymore.
Great to this issue solved.
Thanks

You are welcome...Thanks for the update
2021-5-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

P.laspeyres@gmail.com Posted at 5-14 19:46
Thanks. All sorted. Appreciate the response

Hi there P.laspeyres. You are very much welcome and it is great to know that you have fixed the said issue. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you.
2021-5-17
Use props
ToddG
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-17 01:46
Hi there P.laspeyres. You are very much welcome and it is great to know that you have fixed the said issue. If you have any other inquiries or any concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and assist you.

I have the same problem. My controller and drone came as a package already linked. While playing with the controller the first time I  ended up somehow on the link page. I tried to scroll right to get out but I touched the spark drone and it started trying to link to it. I hit cancel but had to link my air2s again. Now I have to do it every time I power up. I have notices in some screen (I forgot which ) it will say spark. I have linked my air again. See what happens. Holding the power button has to be done over and over to get it to link. Getting frustrated with this. Is there a place to see what drones are linked to my controller so I can delete spark?
2021-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules