Strobes From Firehouse
268 3 2021-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

I just purchased some arc v strobes(3pk white,red,green/ and two seperate 1 red and green and brought mounts for all) from firehouse and had two questions:

1- is it overkill to have five strobes on the 2s and will it be a weight issue?

2- What would be the optimal placement for each?

This is to assist me with daylight flying and possibly at night.

Many Thanks, Don
2021-5-14
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

I think 5 is definitely overkill.  Weight is probably not a real issue,  plenty of people run 3, just no real need for 5 and will be hard to look at when up close.

I run 3 Arc 2's (two on the front, one on back) and that seems to work well with the V's being brighter, that might be enough.  If you really want to run 5, you can do that plus top and bottom.  Bottom can be a little tricky to mount and make sure it doesn't cover the sensors though.

Might be best to try out a few different spots and see what your visibility is like, remembering the drone will tilt with speed/winds.
2021-5-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Don. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI Air 2S, I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who are using the said 3rd party accessory ( strobe light ). Just a reminder that since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI drone. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use and we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-5-14
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Three should be more than enough. Maybe even just one at night.

Just a thought: These are very bright but do use a lot of battery power so last only a couple hours. I also put a cheaper lesser intensity one on mine that lasts 3 days...just in case I need to find it later ;-)
2021-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules