Dispute data analytics
680 8 2021-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MC188ZcesqTJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 404072 ft
Canada

Man I was fully ready to agree to disagree with data analytics and drop this. . As I paid the fly away coverage and a new unit has been shipped.
  But the rep from data analytics has really ticked me off in their recent reply  Doesn’t matter if you sugar coat the way you say it. But to say it was my fault
(They gave one reason it was my fault and then changed their mind that it was to close to the water suggests to me they don’t really know why it crashed)   
The rep by their changing diagnosis basically called me a liar.   I am fine with them  communicating DJIs policy and flight recommendations.  
Yes I flew 1.7 metres above water below the 3 metres recommended. But the drone failed right in front of me. When I am able to recover it I will gladly send it in. But I am more than ever discouraged with DJI
2021-5-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you any unpleasure experience on our repair service. We have already pulled out your CAS number by using your email address and now we will take a look for it. If you still have any concerns about the case, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thanks
2021-5-14
Use props
djiuser_MC188ZcesqTJ
lvl.1
Canada

Bottom line is.  I was there when it failed. The data team was not.  The rep from analytics changed their reason during the dispute.    Clearly they do not have a definitive conclusion so they automatically blame the pilot under the recommendations in the manual Up to the point of the crash it exhibited no erratic behaviour. I sent a picture where it went in. There was no obstructions  It suddenly rolled left and dropped. I wish I had the video on but I was taking stills.   
2021-5-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_MC188ZcesqTJ Posted at 5-15 03:02
Bottom line is.  I was there when it failed. The data team was not.  The rep from analytics changed their reason during the dispute.    Clearly they do not have a definitive conclusion so they automatically blame the pilot under the recommendations in the manual Up to the point of the crash it exhibited no erratic behaviour. I sent a picture where it went in. There was no obstructions  It suddenly rolled left and dropped. I wish I had the video on but I was taking stills.

Hi, we feel sorry for the accident. However, we had checked the record of your case, our support did not change the result of the accident but explained the situation.
Downward vision system and infrared sensing system helps the aircraft maintain its current position, however, it may not be able to work properly if the drone is flying over water or transparent surfaces.
As per the flight record, the drone flew low under water, and it crashed when it was flying forward when the pilot pushed the Pitch stick forward, the details were explained on the email.
The replacement drone had been shipped back to you, we still do not recommend flying low over water. Please fly with caution. Hope your kind understanding.
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_MC188ZcesqTJ
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-15 23:22
Hi, we feel sorry for the accident. However, we had checked the record of your case, our support did not change the result of the accident but explained the situation.
Downward vision system and infrared sensing system helps the aircraft maintain its current position, however, it may not be able to work properly if the drone is flying over water or transparent surfaces.
As per the flight record, the drone flew low under water, and it crashed when it was flying forward when the pilot pushed the Pitch stick forward, the details were explained on the email.

As said. Up until it rolled left abruptly and crashed it exhibited no erratic behaviour. I was there. You people were not. There were no obstructions. It had nothing to do with the water. Hundreds of YouTube videos of ops flying over water.  This should have been warranty replacement.   
2021-5-16
Use props
djiuser_MC188ZcesqTJ
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-15 23:22

Also support did it mention anything about water in their first report.  It was only mentioned in the second report  after I disagreed   SO YES THE REPORT HAD CHANGED!!!!  
2021-5-16
Use props
Jonatan.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

djiuser_MC188ZcesqTJ Posted at 5-16 03:01
As said. Up until it rolled left abruptly and crashed it exhibited no erratic behaviour. I was there. You people were not. There were no obstructions. It had nothing to do with the water. Hundreds of YouTube videos of ops flying over water.  This should have been warranty replacement.

We are able to fly over water, but it means users should shoulder the risk.
This is what I learned from an experienced pilot: "Drones use a sensor to measure their height which relies on atmospheric pressure. Above a body of water, especially after being in the sun for a period, can cause an area of low pressure directly above the water due to the heat exchange between the water and air. The hotter air rises and creates a low pressure zone above the water. As the drone uses this pressure to measure it's altitude it thinks it is higher than it is and needs to slowly lower thrust to maintain hover, however drops straight into the water. Hopefully this answers your question as to why it randomly drops into the water."
2021-5-16
Use props
djiuser_MC188ZcesqTJ
lvl.1
Canada

Jonatan.N Posted at 5-16 03:30
We are able to fly over water, but it means users should shoulder the risk.
This is what I learned from an experienced pilot: "Drones use a sensor to measure their height which relies on atmospheric pressure. Above a body of water, especially after being in the sun for a period, can cause an area of low pressure directly above the water due to the heat exchange between the water and air. The hotter air rises and creates a low pressure zone above the water. As the drone uses this pressure to measure it's altitude it thinks it is higher than it is and needs to slowly lower thrust to maintain hover, however drops straight into the water. Hopefully this answers your question as to why it randomly drops into the water."

Yeah I get shouldering the risk. That’s not the issue   
I’m having with DJI. I was fine with agreeing to disagree accepting refresh replacement costs under flyaway. I just took this to the forum because of the rep at data analytics changing reports as to why the drone crashed.   
2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_MC188ZcesqTJ Posted at 5-16 03:17
Also support did it mention anything about water in their first report.  It was only mentioned in the second report  after I disagreed   SO YES THE REPORT HAD CHANGED!!!!

Sorry for all the inconveninece caused. The replacement drone had been shipped back to you, please keep close attention to the tracking information. Hope you will receive it soon.
2021-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules