Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI AIR 2S and SMART CONTROLLER, "Dangerous"? NO....
5123 26 2021-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Some have suggested that the brilliant Smart Controller is 'dangerous' to use with the DJI Air 2S, which is simply nonsense. If you fail to keep this device clean and free of temporary files, then yes it will slow down a little, but that doesn't render it useless, nor dangerous - it's still a massively time-saving, convenient and practical device, which when cared for is great to use with the Air 2S

2021-5-15
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I agree...Not dangerous at all...Just needs proper "maintenance/optimization". The SC is on the edge of performance for the Fly app (especially this latest version) but if maintained, as you describe, it makes a noticeable difference from "before" optimizing.I do notice a bit of lag when opening the map for the first time at an area but it is slight and clears quickly.
2021-5-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems people are reporting it working fine with other drones just the Air2S is the issue.
2021-5-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video Ash.  
2021-5-16
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-16 00:56
Seems people are reporting it working fine with other drones just the Air2S is the issue.

I'm convinced that it's just down to device maintenance, the DJI Fly app has new functionality and features since the launch of the Air 2S, so I suspect that the same slight slowness would also be seen on the Mavic Air 2 as well.
2021-5-16
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The current version of the Flyapp (1.4.0 ) that was released with the Air2S is noticeably more "hungry".
Even on my phone, I had to put it to High-Performance mode in the battery settings to smooth out some lag using the phone and the regular controller...The app is really intensive and probably not very well optimized (or just rushed through for the S release)
2021-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jmb63 Posted at 5-16 04:37
The current version of the Flyapp (1.4.0 ) that was released with the Air2S is noticeably more "hungry".
Even on my phone, I had to put it to High-Performance mode in the battery settings to smooth out some lag using the phone and the regular controller...The app is really intensive and probably not very well optimized (or just rushed through for the S release)

I wonder how you square this with others who are not having any problems with lag or the app being laggy, I find fly app amazing I’m using iOS with absolutely no problems and I believe its the same for many.
2021-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Another you tuber on here believes sky will fall in if we use SC with Air2 . I preformed refresh and everything is working well no noticeable lag and last time i looked sky was still up there …..
2021-5-16
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 05:58
Another you tuber on here believes sky will fall in if we use SC with Air2 . I preformed refresh and everything is working well no noticeable lag and last time i looked sky was still up there …..
Yep buddy, and ironically everyone knows who you're referring to, he's a persistent click-baiter for subs and views...you'll always get the real story from DroningON ☺️
2021-5-16
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 05:50
I wonder how you square this with others who are not having any problems with lag or the app being laggy, I find fly app amazing I’m using iOS with absolutely no problems and I believe its the same for many.

I can't speak for others or using IOS for that matter so I am just relaying my findings. I noticed some weird lagging and warping with my phone (Samsung Note 9) until I changed the Battery mode to "High/Max Performance" as opposed to "balanced" ...So, that tells me that the app is very intensive and hungry in this revision. I did not have to change that setting when using it with the Fly app and the Mini 2
2021-5-17
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

At 70m the SC gived me Poor Signal and lag for 3-4 seconds...antenna was oriented to drone properly for maximum signal, drone was directly above me....
Never used far than 700 meters, so I dont know if still have issues with signal if is not above directly, but far from me.
Also SC sucks at Custom Sticks...still DJI did not fixed this, and I always need to practice 5 minutes before video in order to remember this settings...I always use Mode 2 but custom, with turn switched with left-right...
So DJI, what the hell are you doing with FW for SC? Costs more than a MINI2...but still not solved bugs !!!!
2021-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 5-17 09:31
At 70m the SC gived me Poor Signal and lag for 3-4 seconds...antenna was oriented to drone properly for maximum signal, drone was directly above me....
Never used far than 700 meters, so I dont know if still have issues with signal if is not above directly, but far from me.
Also SC sucks at Custom Sticks...still DJI did not fixed this, and I always need to practice 5 minutes before video in order to remember this settings...I always use Mode 2 but custom, with turn switched with left-right...

What kind of area are you flying in?
2021-5-17
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

County side....with some mountains...
2021-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 5-17 12:05
County side....with some mountains...

Just you showed a city test a couple of weeks ago.follow op"s instructions above . Ive tried it and I get no lag and distance is not a problem for me.
2021-5-19
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 08:50
Just you showed a city test a couple of weeks ago.follow op"s instructions above . Ive tried it and I get no lag and distance is not a problem for me.

It works usually, but there is random moments when signal drops to red....in a few seconds is full again...I thought that is changing the frequency, but this is made without gaps...so...must be carefull..
2021-5-19
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ylf45tr8ocen68/0520-125231.mp4?dl=0

this is custom mode on SC ? ))))))))))))))))))
2021-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 5-20 02:56
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ylf45tr8ocen68/0520-125231.mp4?dl=0

this is custom mode on SC ? ))))))))))))))))))

Not sure what that’s about .
2021-5-20
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-20 03:07
Not sure what that’s about .

I have tried to put Custom Mode sticks on Smart Remote...10 times goes back to previous Mode 2, but some times is going crazy by mixing up down left right...as you can see from arrows...
I admit I had no courage to Take Off with this settings, as the result is unpredictable.
2021-5-20
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

sergeant Posted at 5-16 12:48
Yep buddy, and ironically everyone knows who you're referring to, he's a persistent click-baiter for subs and views...you'll always get the real story from DroningON ☺️

And you promoting your videos here is *definitely* not shilling for subs and views?
2021-5-20
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Parker Wombat Posted at 5-20 12:44
And you promoting your videos here is *definitely* not shilling for subs and views?

No not at all, this isn't click-bait, it's informative, it's educational and it's to combat misleading and click-bait videos from others...you're entitled not to watch it or just to scroll on.
2021-5-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2021-5-21
Use props
dwillis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1613642 ft
United States

I have this severe lag issue with my Smart Controller and Mavic Air 2 (not Air 2S). I followed all your suggestions in the video with the factory data reset and all that and now I have way more free space but it's still extremely laggy. How bad it is varies, with movement making it worse, but often it's something like 1 FPS that I'm seeing and I just have to huck and pray because the screen is useless while video is recording. What else can I try? I've already set the transmission definition to "Smooth" instead of "HD" but it made no difference.
2021-6-23
Use props
Astrid55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30696 ft
Hong Kong

I am totally getting confused after seeing the videos which are so-called clickbait and watching your videos through the enclosed link in a comment under the post.  My eager to buy SC varied up and down when surfing testing videos. It's so difficult for me to distinguish the "sound advice " on the internet.
2021-6-24
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 5-19 09:48
It works usually, but there is random moments when signal drops to red....in a few seconds is full again...I thought that is changing the frequency, but this is made without gaps...so...must be carefull..

I had the same problem like yours for my SC with Air2S.  Don't have any issue with Mavic 2 Pro fly in the same day.  I tried to hard reset SC and hope that will solve the issue.  My Fly app version is the latest 1.4.4
2021-7-5
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

dwillis Posted at 6-23 12:39
I have this severe lag issue with my Smart Controller and Mavic Air 2 (not Air 2S). I followed all your suggestions in the video with the factory data reset and all that and now I have way more free space but it's still extremely laggy. How bad it is varies, with movement making it worse, but often it's something like 1 FPS that I'm seeing and I just have to huck and pray because the screen is useless while video is recording. What else can I try? I've already set the transmission definition to "Smooth" instead of "HD" but it made no difference.

Are you doing screen recording when such lag happened?  Have you use a faster SD card?
2021-7-5
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

MAVICDLNM Posted at 7-5 01:09
Are you doing screen recording when such lag happened?  Have you use a faster SD card?

No screen recording...SD is A2, Extreme Pro...
At last APP from FLY the lag dissapeared, but still have some strange drops in signal and also the Custom Mode sticks is a mess, not working.
2021-7-6
Use props
djiuser_6rIOrZED4A0P
lvl.2

Netherlands

sergeant Posted at 5-16 03:58
I'm convinced that it's just down to device maintenance, the DJI Fly app has new functionality and features since the launch of the Air 2S, so I suspect that the same slight slowness would also be seen on the Mavic Air 2 as well.

That’s correct
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules