No Fly Zone Cant unlock
399 4 2021-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crix12
lvl.1

Philippines

I can't get self unlocking to work with my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller. Here's the process I followed –
- Applied for and received approval from the DJI Self Unlocking site.
- Downloaded the authorization to the Smart Controller.
- Could not take off with the Smart Controller displaying a message saying that I am in an authorization zone.
Puzzled and frustrated. What am I doing wrong? Please help me!
2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I'm sorry to read and to know about the issue you've encountered with the unlocking request. For us to have a better visualization of the concern, could you please provide us a sample video showing the issue? In addition, the current firmware version of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Smart remote controller, thank you.  
2021-5-16
Use props
Crix12
lvl.1

Philippines

i cant upload a video.
2021-5-23
Use props
Nervous Twitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600538 ft
Canada

I have to agree with you mate, the DJI self unlock process needs some work.
I have a client who lives on the very tail end of their authorization zone, which is OUTSIDE of the legal distance from the airport.
I have done the same thing, requested authorization from the website, to put on the controller.
Yet, when I go to the location, I still need to connect to the internet with the controller for it to let me fly.

What is the point of getting a pre-approval, if they are going to require me to jump hoops while on location.
Client asks " so... you've been standing there a while... you gonna fly today?
Me : "well... that WAS the plan, until DJI got in the way again"

Fully updated firmware on aircraft and smart controller.
2021-6-3
Use props
Nervous Twitch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 600538 ft
Canada

I'll add that I also was attempting to fly a Mavic 2 Pro, with the Smart Controller.
the forum won't add the Aircraft to my account, because someone else activated it.
2021-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules