Way Points - what version?
873 9 2021-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JChad
lvl.1
United States

I was a heavy user of my Mavic Pro at the beginning (2017), but the unit has been laid up for a couple of years and now I am getting back into it.

I want to use Waypoints, but I seem to be getting into unanswered questions.  So I am trying to investigate.  My iPhone Go4 app says v4.3.42 with copyright of 2017.

My concern: on YT videos, I have seen references to Waypoints 2.0 and those videos seem to be around the start of 2019.  Watching the videos, my Go4 Waypoints feature does not look like theirs - theirs shows a small floating icon bar near the top center of the screen.  If I look at a 2017 YT Waypoints video, THAT one looks like mine - the features are in a big panel on the right side of the screen.

Q: Do I have Waypoints 1.0 or 2.0?

Q: If I have 1.0, how do I get that updated?  My Apple App Store says I have the latest Go4 version.

2021-5-16
Use props
JChad
lvl.1
United States

The attached image may help to show what I see.
2021-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waypoints 2.0 was for the Mavic 2 Pro not the original.  But Litchi has a really good mission planner you will probably find better.  You can even see examples of other peoples missions on their hub - https://flylitchi.com/hub
2021-5-17
Use props
JChad
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 00:17
Waypoints 2.0 was for the Mavic 2 Pro not the original.  But Litchi has a really good mission planner you will probably find better.  You can even see examples of other peoples missions on their hub - https://flylitchi.com/hub

Thank you.  To me that doesn't make sense, but I guess what it is is what it is.

Anyone know how to get this 1.0 to work?  As seen in the image, it only shows "Favorite Missions", and those are limited to a listing of 3.  There is no 'Saved Missions" options.  I keep trying to create new missions but I can't find them.
2021-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JChad Posted at 5-17 03:42
Thank you.  To me that doesn't make sense, but I guess what it is is what it is.

Anyone know how to get this 1.0 to work?  As seen in the image, it only shows "Favorite Missions", and those are limited to a listing of 3.  There is no 'Saved Missions" options.  I keep trying to create new missions but I can't find them.

This might help -
2021-5-17
Use props
JChad
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:02
This might help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze4XUL75zoc

Thanks.  I did watch that previously.  Being that I simply cannot get DJI Waypoints for MP1 to work at all - cannot Save a new route, nor can I select anything but 3 Favorite routes, nor can I delete one of the obsolete Favorite routes ... I installed Litchi.  Been training myself on that.
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JChad Posted at 5-18 12:52
Thanks.  I did watch that previously.  Being that I simply cannot get DJI Waypoints for MP1 to work at all - cannot Save a new route, nor can I select anything but 3 Favorite routes, nor can I delete one of the obsolete Favorite routes ... I installed Litchi.  Been training myself on that.

The nice thing with Litchi is you can do it all on the ground,  you dont need to record your flight to make the waypoints.
2021-5-18
Use props
JChad
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 23:18
The nice thing with Litchi is you can do it all on the ground,  you dont need to record your flight to make the waypoints.

Pre-planning is a nice feature.  In fact I thought that was a drawback until yesterday.  With online videos, all I could see were examples of people documenting a plan based on a satellite image.  I needed to record a plan based on actual flying because I wanted to navigate between trees that had no opening in their canopy.  But then in my experimentation I noticed that I could switch from satellite to camera view and could use C1 to record points.  Perfect!  

The only negative at this point and I don't know if it is the hardware or if it was also true in DJI Waypoints, is that vertical points happen in increments of 1m or 3ft.  Yesterday I had to lower (edit) one of the waypoints for a tree limb, thus by 3 feet, but then during an actual run, as it moved forward to the next point it almost ran smack into a barbed wire fence that it was not detecting.  I was panicing for an immediate Stop button.  It would be nice to be able to program C2 for an immediate stop/hover.  Doing a screen touch or two is simply not as effective.  But I am glad to see that I now have the means to complete my Waypoints mission.
2021-5-19
Use props
JChad
lvl.1
United States

I don't know if someone knows the answer, but I found in Litchi Waypoints that when I load and fly a mission, I could not rotate the aircraft/camera view as it was flying.

In experimentation, I tried changing the 'Rotations Direction' from Managed to Manual.  I don't know what each does, but in Manual when I ran a mission and tried to rotate, the aircraft rotated to the right continuously - it was both following the flight plan and spinning like an ice skater.  I couldn't stop the rotation.  When it got to the mission end, rotation stopped.  This behavior resumed for subsequent missions but stopped when I changed the Rotations Direction back to Managed.
2021-5-19
Use props
apkgameoffline
New

United States

JChad Posted at 5-18 12:52
Thanks.  I did watch that previously.  Being that I simply cannot get DJI Waypoints for MP1 to work at all - cannot Save a new route, nor can I select anything but 3 Favorite routes, nor can I delete one of the obsolete Favorite routes ... I installed Litchi.  Been training myself on that.

Good idea,  Litchi will be also helpful
2021-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules