523 3 2021-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708658 ft
Bulgaria

Hello DJI!

A big fan of the products, bought quite a few myself, I recently transitioned from the previous generation AIR Unit (the one with Goggles Racing Edition) to the new FPV system and I love it. It feels fantastic, a lot of improvements and really feels like a more mature product.

Having the home arrow/distance to home available is fantastic, this was absolute must for a fixed wing, when you are above clouds and you have no clue where the heck you are

There is however a few things that are a step backwards in my opinion. I guess this system is primarily targetting racing/freestyle drones, but there is a big potential in fixed wing users.
In the Racing Edition goggles we had a much better (in my opinion) attitude representation (artificial horizon and pitch/roll angles).
I was really surprised to see that artificial horizon is not working, especially given the fact it was supported in the previous system generation and you guys know how to do it ;)

I understand that for drones you don't need that for the most part, as you fly close to the ground, but when I am up there 1-2 km high chasing a cloud, it can quickly become no bueno. Yes I know I can take a look at pitch/roll angles, but the way fixed wings are flown, it would REALLY help to have an artificial horizon.

Also, system messages... I mean... come on guys, there is "Craft name", but no System Messages??? -- Please

I really hope this will be addressed in a future firmware update.

Thanks!
2021-5-16
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

"Also, system messages... I mean... come on guys, there is "Craft name", but no System Messages??? -- Please"

Are aware there's a work around with some flight controllers?
Here's a video on how to use the Craft Name field to display System Messages.

FYI This forum is for the new DJI FPV Drone. There's a different forum for the DJI Digital FPV System.
2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Artis. Good day and Thank you for reaching out. I will forward these information and this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI FPV and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2021-5-16
Use props
Artis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708658 ft
Bulgaria

Duane Degn Posted at 5-16 19:17
"Also, system messages... I mean... come on guys, there is "Craft name", but no System Messages??? -- Please"

Are aware there's a work around with some flight controllers?

Thank you, I was actually aware of this. This particular point was more arround  "why is this workarround even needed?" I think DJI is doing a really good job with the new FPV system, but in order to be accepted by more people it needs to feel a bit more refined and robust. I was just curious why the craft name is implemented and the system messages not. They seem very similar if not the same in terms of implementation - just take a string from the FC and place it on the screen.
2021-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules