4504 20 2021-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2055148 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

On the 11th of May I received my DJI Air 2S. Very happy with it. But something is bothering me.
Simetimes after turning on the drone, the fan (I guess) makes a very weird noise. This doesn't disappear automatically,
but if I move the drone a little bit it back and forth the noise changes to a more normal sounding noise.
Oddly enough, after the noise is gone and I turn it off and on again it doesn't make the weird noise on start up.
But if I leave the drone off for a longer period of time (a few hours) it happens all over again.I have turned it on every hour for the last three hours and all three times it had a normal sound. But if I turn it on
tomorrow it will have this weird noise again.

I made a video of it:

Does anyone else have this? Is this bad for the drone in the long term?

Best regards

2021-5-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this issue is happening? In addition the DJI Air 2S fan spins once it is powered on and when the temperature of the main board reaches 60°, the fan spin speed would be 80%, and it goes to 100% when the temperature arrives 85° and above. Thank you.
2021-5-16
Use props
djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-16 20:06
Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error messages on the DJI Fly application when this issue is happening? In addition the DJI Air 2S fan spins once it is powered on and when the temperature of the main board reaches 60°, the fan spin speed would be 80%, and it goes to 100% when the temperature arrives 85° and above. Thank you.

Hello, I do not receive any error messages on the DJI Fly application. I powered it on after leaving it for 5 hours and it made the weird loud noise again. It really sounds as if something is making contact with the fan. I checked other Youtube videos with the Air 2S and none of them sound like mine.
It really looks like the same problem that is on this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-241011-1-1.html
2021-5-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes. When you tipped it up and down and the sound changed, that told me it was a mechanical problem To be honest, begin lazy, I probably would just let it work itself out and wear away. But I understand your concern about fixing it right. In my opinion this is a warranty issue.
2021-5-16
Use props
djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw
lvl.4
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 5-16 21:47
Yes. When you tipped it up and down and the sound changed, that told me it was a mechanical problem To be honest, begin lazy, I probably would just let it work itself out and wear away. But I understand your concern about fixing it right. In my opinion this is a warranty issue.

I thought it was a mechanical problem too. I paid €1300 for this drone, so I expect a perfectly working drone.

@DJI Stephen, since the drone is only 6 days old, I assume that DJI will replace it with a new one for free right?

2021-5-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have seen a similar thread in Mavic pilots and I think the guy sent his drone back for a replacement on.
2021-5-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 5-16 22:04
I have seen a similar thread in Mavic pilots and I think the guy sent his drone back for a replacement on.

The Mavic Pilots site is a joke. Nothing there makes any sense.
2021-5-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

GaryDoug Posted at 5-16 22:13
The Mavic Pilots site is a joke. Nothing there makes any sense.

Honestly, that's your opinion. There is a lot of good posts there and people help there as well. Things that cannot be resolved here sometimes gets resolved there.
2021-5-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would return it for replacement.  definitely not right.
2021-5-17
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

It seems to me  it´s a fan bearing issue. Like old PC´s when you turn on fan makes a noise just like that. After 1 or 2 minutes working the noise desapears.For shure is a defective fan! Send it back for an exchange.
2021-5-17
Use props
djiuser_KesklELQwRHk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 857011 ft
Spain

El mismo problema tube yo y yo mismo lo solvente accediendo al ventilador soplandole con aire comprimido me di cuenta que estava un poco destapado de su parte posterior pero rozava levemente su funcionamiento era correcto se escucha mas al iniciar ya que su velocidad es menor y al calentar desaparece con el uso desaparecio aun asi puse un poco cinta capton en esa apertura y solventado y a la espera de que me llege un ventilador nuevo ya que si huviera sido otra cuestion si que lo envio pero por eso no merece la pena recivir otro equipo con o sin restauracion
2021-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw Posted at 5-16 20:27
Hello, I do not receive any error messages on the DJI Fly application. I powered it on after leaving it for 5 hours and it made the weird loud noise again. It really sounds as if something is making contact with the fan. I checked other Youtube videos with the Air 2S and none of them sound like mine.
It really looks like the same problem that is on this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-241011-1-1.html

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Air 2S. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment of the said DJI drone. Thank you.
2021-5-18
Use props
djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-18 00:45
Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these additional information. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Air 2S. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assessment of the said DJI drone. Thank you.

Hello, yesterday I received a replacement from the store I bought it from. This one is working fine and much more quiet
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw Posted at 5-24 03:08
Hello, yesterday I received a replacement from the store I bought it from. This one is working fine and much more quiet

Hi there. Thank you for the given update and it is great to know that you have already received your DJI Air 2S replacement drone. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-25
Use props
riverripper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143497 ft
Germany

I have the exact same issue. Noise appears when turned on, disappears after a few seconds.
My assumption: The gimbal motor bearings get damaged, when you turn on the Drone, but forgot to remove the plastic gimbal cover. This causes the gimbal to stick in position when self calebrating and resulting in such damage. I will send it back to DJI for a replacement drone before my one year DJI care refresh expires!
Your opinions please...
Cheers,
Frank
2021-12-31
Use props
djisuer_oe3Qxgxjw
lvl.4
Netherlands

riverripper Posted at 12-31 01:24
I have the exact same issue. Noise appears when turned on, disappears after a few seconds.
My assumption: The gimbal motor bearings get damaged, when you turn on the Drone, but forgot to remove the plastic gimbal cover. This causes the gimbal to stick in position when self calebrating and resulting in such damage. I will send it back to DJI for a replacement drone before my one year DJI care refresh expires!
Your opinions please...

None of my current drones have this problem so I assume it’s not normal. I would therefore definitely send it back. On the DJI repair center you can see estimated prices for a gimbal replacement etc.
Based upon that, you could pay for it or use DJI refresh. I think that DJI Refresh is the least expensive. Happy New Year !
2021-12-31
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

It sounds like a defective bearing on the fan shaft, I'd definitely look at getting that replaced. Unless you've crashed it within the 6 days which I don't think you have, it shouldn't be doing that,
2021-12-31
Use props
djiuser_JX1coJjhBZgN
New
Flight distance : 155322 ft
Portugal

Same here! bought same year. No problem with photo, video, anything else besides that noise for sure. Hope that they replace the or fix it in the store i bought it.
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_JX1coJjhBZgN Posted at 11-26 07:26
Same here! bought same year. No problem with photo, video, anything else besides that noise for sure. Hope that they replace the or fix it in the store i bought it.

Hi there. We are sorry for the poor experience. The DJI Air 2S has significant upgrades compared to its predecessor, meaning that the power consumption and fan speed have also increased. Due to the standard tolerances of product components, slight noises may be made when the fan is rotating. Your current situation might be within the tolerance range, and the fan can guarantee proper cooling. Additionally, the lubricating oil on the bearing may not be fully engaged when the fan is turned on (causing an abnormal sound to be heard), but this sound will disappear after using the brand-new product for a short period of time. If you still want your product further inspected, please send it back for testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-27
Use props
djiuser_JX1coJjhBZgN
New
Flight distance : 155322 ft
Portugal

DJI Tony Posted at 11-27 00:03
Hi there. We are sorry for the poor experience. The DJI Air 2S has significant upgrades compared to its predecessor, meaning that the power consumption and fan speed have also increased. Due to the standard tolerances of product components, slight noises may be made when the fan is rotating. Your current situation might be within the tolerance range, and the fan can guarantee proper cooling. Additionally, the lubricating oil on the bearing may not be fully engaged when the fan is turned on (causing an abnormal sound to be heard), but this sound will disappear after using the brand-new product for a short period of time. If you still want your product further inspected, please send it back for testing. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi there! Thanks for the reply.

Just went to the store and Warranty has been over, as I bought mine in 2021 already. They sent me to a store with DJI support tech official. After some talk, they advised to use the CareFresh but that would imply to send to Netherlands for quite some time, and I need mine for work, so as long as it takes photos, flies and shoot movies, ill keep that sound that in fact goes away after some minutes or if I grab my Drone .

Cheers!!
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_JX1coJjhBZgN Posted at 11-27 07:25
Hi there! Thanks for the reply.

Just went to the store and Warranty has been over, as I bought mine in 2021 already. They sent me to a store with DJI support tech official. After some talk, they advised to use the CareFresh but that would imply to send to Netherlands for quite some time, and I need mine for work, so as long as it takes photos, flies and shoot movies, ill keep that sound that in fact goes away after some minutes or if I grab my Drone .

I see. Then you can always contact us if you need further assistance. We appreciate your great support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules