Unable to activate V2 Goggles
1711 5 2021-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JDBalt
lvl.1

United States

Hi,
I just spent a lot of money on a pair of V2 Goggles. I do not own a DJI drone. I am unable to get the V2 Goggles to even show up on DJI Assistant 2. The Goggles are powered on. DJI Assistant is up and running. I plug the Goggles into the USB C port, and they do not appear. I have tried this on a Mac, and Windows system. I am aware of the firmware problem and activation. I tried a couple of different USB - c Cables. But I can't even get past seeing the goggles in Assistant. And yes, the goggles do turn on, and immediately say they need to be activated. Has anyone else had this problem? Or have a fix?
2021-5-17
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

I don't have any suggestions other than to try to find someone with the new DJI FPV drone.

I think this is really bad that DJI hasn't fixed this problem.

I posted a link to a video on this topic in post #6 of this thread.

If you can return the goggles, that might be the best option for now.
2021-5-18
Use props
dgrat
New

France

Duane Degn Posted at 5-18 13:12
I don't have any suggestions other than to try to find someone with the new DJI FPV drone.

I think this is really bad that DJI hasn't fixed this problem.

I was planning to buy a V2 to test digital FPV out for the first time. I was not aware that there is an activation issue. Maybe it would be smarter to buy a Fatshark System ?!
2021-5-19
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, DO NOT BUY the V2 goggles new, UNLESS you have access to an FPV drone to activate them.  THE V2'S ARE BRICKED FROM THE FACTORY by the current (broken) firmware WITHOUT THE DJI FPV DRONE. If you did buy a pair and can't get them activated, return them to where you bought them from, and be insistent. They sold you a non-functional, defective product, so they need to feel the pressure. Which hopefully they will in turn pass on to DJI....
2021-5-19
Use props
Matt_FPV
lvl.2

Netherlands

The activation issue is still there? Damn! I was about to get the DJI Goggles V2 for my Caddx Vista.

Hey DJI! is it going to be fixed in the future?
Or do I have to order the entire FPV drone package (€ 1.3k) to have the goggles activated and working with caddx vista?

2021-5-20
Use props
JDBalt
lvl.1

United States

I was finally able to get this working. But on my PC. And my trick was try it once. And it failed. I unplugged, and plugged in my goggles. And it worked. Yes, I rebooted after the initial install.
2021-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules