Best signal strength
3647 20 2021-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
France

There are 2 pictures showing the signal levels, which of the pictures will display the signal level to allow the drone to fly further?

Single SelectVote, Total 17 people participate in voting
11.76% (2)
88.24% (15)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-5-17
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

The first foto is CE mode, the second foto is FCC mode. In FCC mode the 1KM mark is above the 90dbm line. So with picture 2 it will fly further.
2021-5-17
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Looks like the first photo is in CE mode and the second is FCC, so I bet a beer for the second one which in theory has a further range.
2021-5-17
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Germany

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-17 08:39
The first foto is CE mode, the second foto is FCC mode. In FCC mode the line of the 1KM is above the 90dbm.So with picture 2 it will fly further.

Bingo!
2021-5-17
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

how do you set FCC on EU models?
2021-5-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This is a well illustrated example of why asking for technical help on this forum is going to mislead you. The graphs are a a band-scan, of a section of the 2.4Ghz band showing the signals that the RC device can receive at the time. The first graph shows a lower amplitude of signal than the second, therefore the range of the device would be better in the first example than the second. Yet all those who are clueless have selected example 2.....
2021-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

relaxosmo Posted at 5-17 09:37
how do you set FCC on EU models?

+1 for an answer to that question too.
2021-5-17
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

relaxosmo Posted at 5-17 09:37
how do you set FCC on EU models?

Don't expect this to be answered here. We don't want this ability to be patched out or this thread deleted.
2021-5-17
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Actually they should be very similar a, #1 -97.5dB , #2 -97.8dB
2021-5-18
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Germany

videoeditman Posted at 5-18 04:13
Actually they should be very similar a, #1 -97.5dB , #2 -97.8dB

Yes, and I don't understand why this small difference would outperform pic #2 (FCC mode, ~400mW transmission power) over pic #1 (CE mode, ~100mW) as posted by Geebax in post #6. All other values are pretty much the same.

I still believe picture #2 would let the drone fly further. But I'm open to be taught of course.

2021-5-18
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

Why do people think it is CE & FCC?  
2021-5-19
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Germany

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2021-5-19
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Geebax Posted at 5-17 14:48
This is a well illustrated example of why asking for technical help on this forum is going to mislead you. The graphs are a a band-scan, of a section of the 2.4Ghz band showing the signals that the RC device can receive at the time. The first graph shows a lower amplitude of signal than the second, therefore the range of the device would be better in the first example than the second. Yet all those who are clueless have selected example 2.....

Since you are so "smart" and the majority of us are "clueless" maybe you can explain us how a 20dB 100mW sinal will give better range than a 26dB 400mW one. Because i have no doubt second picture is FCC mode (26dB 400mW)
2021-5-19
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Germany

videoeditman Posted at 5-19 04:08
Why do people think it is CE & FCC?

Because in the first picture the 1km mark on the right is aligned with the 90dBm mark on the left axis. This indicates the transmitter works in CE mode. In the second picture the 1km mark is aligned with about 87dBm on the left axis. This indicates that the FCC mode is active.

Edit: When we are in Germany the transmission chart looks like in the first picture (CE). When we take the drone to Florida it looks like in picture two (FCC). Although we have a Mavic 2 with the DJI Go 4 app, the transmission graphs look almost identical.
2021-5-19
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
United States

FloridaNext Posted at 5-19 04:53
Because in the first picture the 1km mark on the right is aligned with the 90dBm mark on the left axis. This indicates the transmitter works in CE mode. In the second picture the 1km mark is aligned with about 87dBm on the left axis. This indicates that the FCC mode is active.

Edit: When we are in Germany the transmission chart looks like in the first picture (CE). When we take the drone to Florida it looks like in picture two (FCC). Although we have a Mavic 2 with the DJI Go 4 app, the transmission graphs look almost identical.

I was not aware of that, as I only run FCC mode.
2021-5-22
Use props
Gif2D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

So, this settings area could reveal the range of flight before take-off?
Interesting to follow on next flights…
2021-5-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

FloridaNext Posted at 5-19 04:53
Because in the first picture the 1km mark on the right is aligned with the 90dBm mark on the left axis. This indicates the transmitter works in CE mode. In the second picture the 1km mark is aligned with about 87dBm on the left axis. This indicates that the FCC mode is active.

The indicated signal peaks are NOT those is use by the controller he is using, They are signals from other sources in the vicinity.
2021-5-30
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

All answers can be found here:
https://drone-hacks.com/dh-companion
So FloridaNext has it right
2021-5-31
Use props
Gif2D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 528478 ft
Romania

I guess there are some legal issues, harder (or easier) to prove, regarding power transmission.
2021-6-4
Use props
djiuser_unmJQCZXdU2o
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71965 ft
Netherlands

I know this is a very old thread but i was looking for answers regarding how to interpret what i see.

so my interpretation on what i see.

1KM text placement shows what mode the controller is in
1KM aligned with -90DB line=CE mode
1KM above -90DB line=FCC mode

now according to Geebax the graphics does not represend the signal strength of the drone/controller, it shows the signal strenght of surrounding signals(wifi routers/disturbance)
So if this is the case  the graphics shown should be labeled as signal/noise ratio
eg when this ratio is high(-120) you have a clear band to use
this also makes sense because a very strong signal(like a wifi router) will display somnething like -40db(very good signal)
with this controller you see -97,5db which is a good signal/noise ratio

can anybody confirm this just to be sure.

2023-5-8
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_unmJQCZXdU2o Posted at 5-8 01:51
I know this is a very old thread but i was looking for answers regarding how to interpret what i see.

so my interpretation on what i see.

You mean below the 1km line? yes, this is FCC mode, if the line is inline with 1km then its FCC
Normally the db changes too, around i think -88db, it did with my old Mini 2...

All you really need to worry about is, CE is in line with the 1km, FCC is below the 1km line, the power difference it quite a bit and even more so in 5.8g,  i.e. in FCC 5.8 and 2.4 have the same power @ 26dbm, whereas in CE 2.4 is 20dbm and 5.8 is even worse at 14dbm
2023-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules