Long Beach - NY, bonus birds attacking drone
625 5 2021-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365233 ft
United States

First time out at Long Beach, NY, great beach and cool community.  As soon as I took off, no where near any birds, my MA2 was under attack.  I assume there was a nest nearby, maybe on one of the jettis, no idea, but I was only up in the air for 10-15 minutes.  You can see a few times in the video how close the birds got to the MA2.  Brought it back down and called it a day, still was able to capture some decent videos.

2021-5-17
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Seagulls are dumb and aggressive. I've seen videos of drones brought down by collisions with them, and the birds are bound to receive very nasty wounds as well.
2021-5-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DukeNukemNY. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video here at DJI Forum. Just a reminder that birds are part of our environment and I'm sure they're not familiar to the drones that is why they might react aggressively when they notice it. Thank you and please fly safe always.
2021-5-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gulls can be a real pain,   fun fact there are over 50 species of gull but none called seagull.
2021-5-17
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365233 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-17 23:24
Gulls can be a real pain,   fun fact there are over 50 species of gull but none called seagull.

Yeah these were a bit different then the typical white seagull, these gulls had orange beaks.  It was pretty crazy, just glad they didn't fly into the drone.
2021-5-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2021-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now