1754 17 2021-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oriolbetriu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4894157 ft
Spain

Hi there!

One last doubt before entering the FPV world.

I wear eyeglasses, if I want to use the FPV goggles I have to use either contact lenses or the DJI corrective lenses. I prefer not to use contact lenses and the problem with the DJI lenses is that they are only avalilabe in 2 diopters intervals, so the gap in between is not covered etc. In other words, what you gain in the inmersive experience with FPV is spoiled by the lack of properly prescripted lenses.

I asked in the presription glasses store in where I bought my glasses, and they told me that if I provide them with a frame they can taylor for me the lenses I use.

I do not know if any of you has tried this with their FPV goggles, it seems like the perfect solution?

I just have to buy the corrective lenses DJI sells, bring them to the shop and they will remove the lenses of the frame and insert the properly prescripted lenses I need.

I searched on the net and there is someone in Germany (https://rho-lens.com/tador/) offering this service. However, I think that in any presriptive glass store they can taylor your glasses and it is much more convenient since it is a physical place.

Thanks in advance for your advice, I really appreciate it!

Oriol
2021-5-17
Use props
fans9702b6c0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 436329 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi @oriolbetriu,

I used RHO-Lens and I'm extremely happy with their quality...and I have a challenging prescription.

Lam
2021-5-18
Use props
oriolbetriu
lvl.2
Spain

Hi Lam,

Thanks for your input!

I too have a prescription that is not standard. I just contacted RHO-lens, It seems that they are the most straighforward option.

Cheers,

Oriol
2021-5-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Oriol. Good day and thank you for these information you have given. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and information from our fellow DJI co pilots who are using corrective lenses on there DJI FPV Goggles. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-5-18
Use props
fans68f98167
lvl.3
Flight distance : 696056 ft
Canada

Hi

I buy the DJI 2.0 adaptor and my shop create lens who respect my prescription for 100$

IMG_3713.jpg
2021-5-19
Use props
oriolbetriu
lvl.2
Spain

Hi DJI Stephen and fans68f98167!

It is good to know that a local shop can craft lenses to your needs. Perhaps RHO-lens is a bit more pricey, if you pick the option of a blue light filter, but it is robably worth it.
I contacted RHO-lens because I was not 100% sure about how to fill the online form to get a quotation for my prescription, and I got a reply the same day.

I am sure I will get this solved sooner than later, so that I can get started in the FPV world!

Thanks for your inputs!

Oriol
2021-5-19
Use props
fans9bd004c9
lvl.2
Spain

I just got my brand new DJI FPV this afternoon!

While reading the manua,l I found out that it is OK to wear your glasses with the goggles. I have to try the goggles with my glasses and the lenses, so that I can tell what the difference is.

Cheers,

Oriol
2021-5-28
Use props
fans9bd004c9
lvl.2
Spain

I just got my brand new DJI FPV this afternoon!

While reading the manual, I found out that it is OK to wear your glasses with the goggles. I have to try the goggles with my glasses and the lenses, so that I can tell what the difference is.

Cheers,

Oriol
2021-5-28
Use props
fans9bd004c9
lvl.2
Spain

Hi!

Big day today, I just tested the FPV for the first time! It is very fun, and It feels OK to fly with your everyday glasses.
In my particular case, it makes me feel more confident to remove the goggles with my glasses on, and take off and land in VLOS.

In short, if anyone is considering going FPV but is hesitant about wearing glasses, no worries at all, it works fine.

Thanks,

Oriol
2021-6-11
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm looking for corrective lenses for myself for my DJI FPV V2 Goggles.  I wear reading glasses for close up ... not for distance.  So I'm far sighted NOT NEAR SIGHTED.  Is there anything out there for me?  
2021-12-26
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

oriolbetriu Posted at 5-19 23:33
Hi DJI Stephen and fans68f98167!

It is good to know that a local shop can craft lenses to your needs. Perhaps RHO-lens is a bit more pricey, if you pick the option of a blue light filter, but it is robably worth it.

IT seems that the ONLY lenses that are made by RHO-lens are for people who are near sighted and wear glasses for distance.  Not for people who are far sighted and wear glasses for close up (reading glasses).  
2021-12-26
Use props
fans9bd004c9
lvl.2
Spain

Hi RichfromHowellNJ!

I suggest you try DJI FPV goggles with your glasses, it is very probable that they will do just fine.
If not, you can contact Rho-lens and see if they can taylor specific lenses for your needs.

happy flights,

Oriol
2022-1-1
Use props
PaulJ92029
lvl.1
United States

I have fairly wide frames (55-18-140-132-29.8, meaning outside lens to outside lens is 128 mm), and the frames fit nicely in the goggles.  Sometimes I have to adjust the goggles side to side to get rid of blur.
2022-1-5
Use props
PaulJ92029
lvl.1
United States

fans68f98167 Posted at 2021-5-19 04:58
Hi

I buy the DJI 2.0 adaptor and my shop create lens who respect my prescription for 100$

Where did you buy these?  I searched for "DJI 2.0 adaptor" in the DJI store and was not able to find these.
2022-1-5
Use props
FlyLow
lvl.3
Switzerland

I recently ordered corrective lenses for Goggles. Now my vision is crystal clear and my eyes are shielded from nefarious light emissions.
2022-6-9
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 251211 ft
United States

I got the $29.99 -3.0D lenses from Amazon, they're SunnyLife or Ngaantyun Store lenses.  I actually have a -3.0D and -2.75D, and have had no issues with them, they work great for me.
2022-6-9
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
United States

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 2021-12-26 15:23
I'm looking for corrective lenses for myself for my DJI FPV V2 Goggles.  I wear reading glasses for close up ... not for distance.  So I'm far sighted NOT NEAR SIGHTED.  Is there anything out there for me?

I don't understand why you would need any assistance if you are far sighted.  The goggles are for far sighted people.  Before I got lenses that fit the goggles I was using my regular bifocals, if I tried to look through the reading portion of the lenses, I couldn't see anything.  Try sticking a pair of cheapo reading glasses on and see if it helps you.  I guess it it possible your issue is in the medium distance sight.  In either case, I can read without glasses at all if it is within 18 inches or so of my face.  I cannot see anything but blur in the goggles with no lenses so that is why I say they are made for people that are far sighted.  Hope this helps you in some way and sorry if it doesn't.
2022-6-9
Use props
maihem
lvl.4
United States

PaulJ92029 Posted at 1-5 16:20
Where did you buy these?  I searched for "DJI 2.0 adaptor" in the DJI store and was not able to find these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... le?ie=UTF8&th=1
2022-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules