817 6 2015-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Took the training wheels off on distance and maxed out 5200ft before losing connection. RTH worked great (whew!!!). FLT 132 and 133 successful.
FLT 132 3.jpg
Flt 132 4.jpg
FLT 132 2.jpg
FLT 132 1.jpg
2015-7-19
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's not removing your training wheels, it's called break LOS.  Please follow the guildlines of your city/state/country.  No, it doesn't matter if you were on your own property.
2015-7-19
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Any of theese pictures could easily have been taken with the Inspire in line of sight ... By changing the ground location of the pilot in between shoots ...
Even if one does not care about regulations ... I wouldn't take any unessecary risk with my bird!

If changing ground location isn't possible due to terrain I am sure that the proper approvals from what ever organisation is handling this could be obtained just by explaining the purpose of the mission and the risk assasements of it if you absolutely need to fly out of sight!
We don't know if this person has done this or not so please refrain from any "whistle blowing" ... Thanks!
2015-7-19
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

WOW! Well done snathla  

So is that 5200 ft in altitude or distance? The pics certainly do not look like 5200ft in altitude. If it is lateral distance, you must have dam good eyes to see an inspire over 1.5km away.

What is even more remarkable is posting this silliness for all to see, like we are all going to be SO IMPRESSED with your work. Gives the arguments against our industry more clout. In oz, CASA are already prosecuting those that post their momentary lapse of reason and common sense.

It is just a matter of time before the same thing will happen in the US. Makes for an easy court case when you give them the evidence like this snathla!

SO....What happens next time when the RTH does not work from this distance?
2015-7-21
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

w1der Posted at 2015-7-20 14:57
Any of theese pictures could easily have been taken with the Inspire in line of sight ... By changin ...

What are you talking about?  He specifically said 5200ft out.  Be careful there white knight, you don't want to fall on your sword!
2015-7-21
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

method007 Posted at 2015-7-22 00:00
What are you talking about?  He specifically said 5200ft out.  Be careful there white knight, you  ...

I am trying to go two ways with my comment but my choice of words might have been poor ...

I was trying to point out that these pictures could easily have been taken without the risk of flying out of sight ... and with that pointing out the stupidity in risking the bird and the safety of others to obtain them.

I really don´t understand why some are so obsessed with the range of this bird ... I am quite happy with flying in line of sight!  

Also making a point that there is a lot of comments here and there stating that the pilot is doing something illegal ... without knowing if he actually had the proper approvals to do the specific flight or not!
Even if something is not allowed as standard procedure you might in fact be able to get special approvals for it ... just sayin!

2015-7-21
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

method007 Posted at 2015-7-20 03:10
That's not removing your training wheels, it's called break LOS.  Please follow the guildlines of yo ...

Yes 007, in aviation speak, altitude is normally conveyed in feet hence the question of clarification. No sword to fall on here mate, this whole exercise is nothing short of ridiculous!
2015-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules