Can I Use Osmo Action as webcam mode in usb?
3757 6 2021-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s.gabor
New

Hungary

Hi
I have An Osmo Action, and I want to use as webcam when i plug into usb.
The ffmpeg and Webrtc can not recognize as a webcam.
Is there any firmware update to use the camera as webcam mode lik GoPro Hero 8/9 or Insta 360?

2021-5-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI does not offer a webcam for the  basic camera, future firmware  is the solution if DJI does it and they can not get it to the public for some reason
2021-5-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there s.gabor. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I am sorry to say this feature is not available to the DJI Osmo Action. Kindly please stay tuned to the future updates for the DJI Osmo Action on our official DJI Website at www.dji.com . Thank you for your understanding.
2021-5-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

How many people asked?
How many times we were told to stay tuned?
How many months  has this been going on

Since early firmware FW 1.5 or so that said Get with a gopro for webcam if its important. otherwise we stay hanging for another few years
2021-5-19
Use props
s.gabor
New

Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-18 19:02
Hello there s.gabor. Good day and thank you for the inquiry. I am sorry to say this feature is not available to the DJI Osmo Action. Kindly please stay tuned to the future updates for the DJI Osmo Action on our official DJI Website at www.dji.com . Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks you for your response

My client wanted a high resolution camera which allows to connect to pc via usb (because i develop a running analytics program that handle more than one camera with WebRTC technology)

The GoPro 8/9 allows just one camera with usb and webcam mode

Insta 360 allows more than one, but there is one annoying problem
with that: the autozoom feature cannot be turned off yet (maybe the next firmware allows this feature)

2021-5-19
Use props
s.gabor
New

Hungary

Fishycomics Posted at 5-18 04:08
DJI does not offer a webcam for the  basic camera, future firmware  is the solution if DJI does it and they can not get it to the public for some reason

thank you. it sad to read this :/
2021-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

s.gabor Posted at 5-19 03:41
Thanks you for your response

My client wanted a high resolution camera which allows to connect to pc via usb (because i develop a running analytics program that handle more than one camera with WebRTC technology)

Hi there s.gabor. Thank you for the reply and for sharing your valued insights with regard to this matter. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again, thank you for your support and keep safe always.
2021-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules