Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uaSPJXc0GMVt Posted at 5-22 13:35
The Mini2 RC, Air2 RC, and Air2S RC each have a larger capacity than any iOS device. That’s a fact. And stop accusing people of having multiple accounts. DJI messed up. Even they admitted that. I think there's a name for people who like to continually be punished....

The RC-N1 controller has a single 18650 cell inside, that’s it.

2021-5-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-22 19:14
Here's an odd one. Loaded 1.4.2 on the Smart controller, and as is usual with new software I gave it a try at low altitude and close to home. Software came up fine, could see video with no lag.

Switched to photo mode and camera was frozen on last video frame. I was blind to whatever the camera and drone were doing. Switched back to video and all was fine.

The Android apk isn’t the official version for the smart controller.  They release the SC updates separately.
2021-5-22
Use props
Reguzz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

https://creativeelectron.com/dji-mavic-air-2-drone-teardown/
I think RC-N1 has 2 battery inside maybe  
2021-5-22
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-5-23
Use props
Reguzz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

NGC Posted at 5-23 04:53
But again- a 5200mAh capacity is larger than any iPhone.

exactly right
2021-5-23
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-5-23
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

In post #48 Mr. Straightjacket says "the RC doesn't have a bigger battery than the phone". Shows you all you need to know about his "knowledge".  He implies that because a phone lasts longer on a charge than it must have a bigger battery than the DJI RC. Who can argue with logic like that! My Tesla and cordless Dyson must *definitely* have a smaller battery than my iPhone.

2021-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Parker Wombat Posted at 5-23 07:33
In post #48 Mr. Straightjacket says "the RC doesn't have a bigger battery than the phone". Shows you all you need to know about his "knowledge".  He implies that because a phone lasts longer on a charge than it must have a bigger battery than the DJI RC. Who can argue with logic like that! My Tesla and cordless Dyson must *definitely* have a smaller battery than my iPhone.

At the end of the day it’s far easy to get an iPhone battery replaced whilst I do my other shopping than get my controller battery replaced.   And as I keep my iPhone for a year it’s always free if it needs it.  

2021-5-23
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 07:58
At the end of the day it’s far easy to get an iPhone battery replaced whilst I do my other shopping than get my controller battery replaced.   And as I keep my iPhone for a year it’s always free if it needs it.
Personally it’s nice to have the phone not draining the battery while flying. No reason that this would harm any iOS device. But the thing is we can have it both ways! A toggle switch! But DJI removed that.
2021-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Parker Wombat Posted at 5-23 09:28
Personally it’s nice to have the phone not draining the battery while flying. No reason that this would harm any iOS device. But the thing is we can have it both ways! A toggle switch! But DJI removed that.

But that switch kept breaking so best removed until it works correctly.
2021-5-23
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 09:41
But that switch kept breaking so best removed until it works correctly.

I never had any problems with it. It simply defaulted to turning off the next time you loaded it. No biggie. I’d rather have the option.
2021-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Parker Wombat Posted at 5-23 11:12
I never had any problems with it. It simply defaulted to turning off the next time you loaded it. No biggie. I’d rather have the option.

Lucky you.  After many updates it would be charging the phone again but the goggle would still be off.  You’d have to go in and flip the toggle, quit the app and repeat a couple of times for it to take effect.  
2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-22 21:37
The Android apk isn’t the official version for the smart controller.  They release the SC updates separately.

Maybe that's the source of my problem. I was told to download that version by a few people on the forums. I wish I could go back to 1.4.0 but I can't find it anywhere.
2021-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

arizona mavic flyer Posted at 5-23 11:33
Maybe that's the source of my problem. I was told to download that version by a few people on the forums. I wish I could go back to 1.4.0 but I can't find it anywhere.

You probably need to refresh the firmware with the DJI assistant.

2021-5-23
Use props
arizona mavic flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1059072 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 11:48
You probably need to refresh the firmware with the DJI assistant.

https://youtu.be/2l9BydqN-RE

What would that do?
2021-5-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dude loading apps over the top of the sc apps.
2021-5-23
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-23 11:18
Lucky you.  After many updates it would be charging the phone again but the goggle would still be off.  You’d have to go in and flip the toggle, quit the app and repeat a couple of times for it to take effect.

That sucks. Well, they should have simply fixed the toggle so it worked properly then.

In terms of the gentleman with the smart RC issue:
I see many people reporting smart RC issues with the Air2S. I suspect it has something to do with it being a 3 year old controller using a 5-6 year old processor. It’s massively underpowered and many tests have shown that there is lag with it on the Air2S and distance is much shorter. When I had my M2Pro, I did enjoy it though. Now I’m just using the Air2S with the regular controller until the 3 comes out.
I certainly hope (and expect) that when they release the Mavic 3/Pro3/3Pro  they offer a much updated smart RC.
2021-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules