Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly 1.4.2 released
12Next >
11616 58 2021-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Anybody noticed anything new for the mini 2? the release notes point only to air 2s and fpv functionality changes:

What's New

- Adds Connection Guide for DJI FPV to check how to connect to DJI FPV combo.

- Adds Color Display Assist when using D-log to check color effects directly in Camera View (Available with DJI Air 2S).

- Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.

Also i got briefly mini 2 firmware update when launched the app and got it downloaded. Once i connected the drone it disappeared strangely...

2021-5-18
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Link? Site still have 1.4.0
2021-5-18
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

LoveYou Posted at 5-18 05:25
Link? Site still have 1.4.0

it's on the app store
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dji-fly/id1479649251
Perhaps android is following if not started rolling out...
2021-5-18
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

From what i can see, DJI Fly App 1.4.2 is still only available for iOS. Android remains 1.4.0
2021-5-18
Use props
Ashamar
New
Flight distance : 4508 ft
United States

It appears that Phone Charging has been removed from the 1.4.2 app for iOS. Was this intentional? If not when will we see it returned? This strikes me as a big safety issue.
2021-5-18
Use props
JJSinMadison
lvl.1

United States

I hope the missing phone charging function was just an oversight and not a permanent "enhancement"
2021-5-18
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

Ashamar Posted at 5-18 10:52
It appears that Phone Charging has been removed from the 1.4.2 app for iOS. Was this intentional? If not when will we see it returned? This strikes me as a big safety issue.

didn't see that, rarely use it, perhaps because of that...well they usually screw things, fix one bug, create a couple new...perhaps it will appear in the 1.4. 3
2021-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, that leaves android 2 version updates behind.  DJI download link for Fly App for android is V 1.4 and for iOS it's V 1.4.2.  Just sad the way DJI treats android users.
2021-5-18
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 12:33
Unfortunately, that leaves android 2 version updates behind.  DJI download link for Fly App for android is V 1.4 and for iOS it's V 1.4.2.  Just sad the way DJI treats android users.

Google "huawei appgallery apk" download and install. Run huawei appgallery search for Dji Fly and install.
Uninstall huawei appgallery. Done! You now have Dji Fly 1.4.2 installed on your android device...
2021-5-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sbonev. Good day and thank you for posting these information about the DJI Fly application v1.4.2. Great find and thank you for your support.
2021-5-18
Use props
Amoxitine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323586 ft
United Kingdom

I’m disappointed DJI have removed the phone charging option in this latest iOS release, seems daft to take away a useful option, hopefully it will reappear in a future update.
2021-5-18
Use props
vkondra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1177257 ft
Israel

Android app updated to 1.4.2 as well. At usual locations like https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads and https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-5-19
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Disappointing that the phone charging via the remote has been removed. A function I have used many times.
2021-5-19
Use props
mukhas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 832605 ft
Ukraine

I also used it on the go when shooting with Mini 2. This tiny little drone benefit is feature to charge from power bank. It is great thing to shoot everywhere. Remote controller is secondary powerbank for me. I think this feature should be returned.
2021-5-19
Use props
Reguzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

vkondra Posted at 5-19 00:34
Android app updated to 1.4.2 as well. At usual locations like https://www.dji.com/mini-2/downloads and https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Tested, and app crashed 3 times when flying.
mavic mini
phone xiaomi redmi 9
Am I the only one who experience this app crash?
2021-5-19
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

WHICH "usual places"?!
https://www.dji.com/at/mini-2/downloads   still 1.4.0
As well https://www.dji.com/at/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ....
Please only cackle about it when the new software is actually available in the "usual places"!
SO everything is just unbelievable!

In addition - should the APP not update itself - is it really still necessary to download it as an APK?

2021-5-19
Use props
vkondra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1177257 ft
Israel

ozoffi Posted at 5-19 02:37
WHICH "usual places"?!
https://www.dji.com/at/mini-2/downloads   still 1.4.0
As well https://www.dji.com/at/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ....

it is actually 1.4.2 downloaded when clicking in both places, despite it says 1.4.0 in display text. click on download link and see.
2021-5-19
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

PLEASE! Put the phone charging ability back on the Mini 2.
2021-5-19
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

@vkondra Thanks - once again a confusion on the part of DJI ....The DJI again fails to keep the website up to date is incomprehensible!
2021-5-19
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

I'm curious to see if it fixes the AE lock issue in video mode for Android.
2021-5-19
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

yes! i downgraded to 1.3.0 only for having AE lock icon
LOL
2021-5-19
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

ozoffi Posted at 5-19 03:43
@vkondra Thanks - once again a confusion on the part of DJI ....The DJI again fails to keep the website up to date is incomprehensible!

you know how difficult is to change the text on the site??!!
before they didn't even bother to update the apks to the version in google play. now they don't use google play and have to update the apks. i guess the text is too difficult task for the IT team to bother
2021-5-19
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

JJSinMadison Posted at 5-18 11:43
I hope the missing phone charging function was just an oversight and not a permanent "enhancement"

Yeah. I love the fact that they take an important feature. Remove it. Do no quality control or think about it being removed. Then give no explanation.
2021-5-19
Use props
Ashamar
New
Flight distance : 4508 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-18 19:13
Hello there sbonev. Good day and thank you for posting these information about the DJI Fly application v1.4.2. Great find and thank you for your support.

Do you know if this was an oversight? If so, when will an update be issued to address the lack of phone charging? If it was not an oversight, do you have some insight as to why this was removed?

Thanks!
2021-5-19
Use props
chrisvomradio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3241519 ft
Germany

Phone charging was an important feature. Pls bring it back
2021-5-19
Use props
GoWincas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3454587 ft
Lithuania

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-18 19:13

To Stephen. Drone Air 2S is awesom ! I got useful ideas for the new APP version:

1.  Put at last the CLOSE/ EXIT butoon to the app screen (Fly and GO4 to). Some [X] or sad smile to close the app faster after drone was disconnect. App stays semi active, and with Samsungs touch screen is hard to "Close recently apps".

2. It will be usefull some sound or short notificationa, when during flight, on AS2, APAS sideways flight is restricted , but user tryes to move control stick left/right. For example today I thought i have lost a connection- picture was still, drone not responds, no auto RTH ))

3. And again, for FLy app and GO4- is it problem to make function - photos with some 5,10 sec delay ? Like a friend group foto-  press camera button, return to group and smiles while camera countdown ? Because now, always, drone operator holds remote in hand or hides behind, with siriuos face on him...

Thanks.
2021-5-20
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I find it funny as heck that people are begging to bring back phone charging whereas there are been frequent requests to please stop draining the remote controller battery by having the RC charge the phone.  Living proof that no matter what you do, you can't please everybody.
2021-5-20
Use props
Amoxitine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323586 ft
United Kingdom

Seems from a tweet reply by DJI support suggests that the next iOS release will reinstate charging (albeit it appears it wasn’t intentionally removed, it was supposed to have been made automatic like the Android version but it’s clearly not been deployed properly). I thought it being optional was the best thing to begin with so didn’t need changing. Perhaps if there was an option to have it run automatically or manually as well would keep everyone happy.
2021-5-20
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

Amoxitine Posted at 5-20 14:56
Seems from a tweet reply by DJI support suggests that the next iOS release will reinstate charging (albeit it appears it wasn’t intentionally removed, it was supposed to have been made automatic like the Android version but it’s clearly not been deployed properly). I thought it being optional was the best thing to begin with so didn’t need changing. Perhaps if there was an option to have it run automatically or manually as well would keep everyone happy.

well to me it seems stupid to make it automatic...if the ios permits to decide whether to use it or not, better leave it as is. On android there was no way to decide, hence it was always on. It has always amazed me how developers decide to "improve" a feature and the result is totally ruining it. The rule "don't touch it if it works" should be always respected.
and how they accidentally removed it is beyond funny. I guess DJI devs are not very good on testing what they implement and checking what they changed is actually working. It is not that hard...
2021-5-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ashamar Posted at 5-19 11:07
Do you know if this was an oversight? If so, when will an update be issued to address the lack of phone charging? If it was not an oversight, do you have some insight as to why this was removed?

Thanks!

Hi there Ashamar. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Turning off charging for iOS devices has been removed in the latest version of the DJI Fly and designed to charge iOS devices automatically by default. Thank you.
2021-5-21
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-21 00:51
Hi there Ashamar. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Turning off charging for iOS devices has been removed in the latest version of the DJI Fly and designed to charge iOS devices automatically by default. Thank you.

one question - WHY?
2021-5-21
Use props
trevorcoultart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161266 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-21 00:51

Unfortunately it's become clear that while the intention might be that charging is now automatic on iOS (as it was already on Android), many people are experiencing that not to be the case.

It's also clear that people would like the choice - why not simply have an on/off option on both platforms that stays set as the user has chosen?
2021-5-21
Use props
RJ mini2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 789167 ft
Australia

App Camera doesn't work on Samsung S21 Ultra.

As soon as you turn on the camera for filming, display freezes.  Turn camera off, display functions again.

This was the same problem with the version prior to the last one which fixed it. Now the problem is back again.  The phone is the latest, and top quality -- the app SHOULD work on it.

This is not good enough. (I waited three weeks for the right weather, sun and no wind, drove to the location I've been eager to shoot, discovered there was an update, did so,  and couldn't film. Can't see a thing. Packed it up. Drove back and wrote this.)

The drone is now sitting on the shelf useless.

Please fix it immediately... !

2021-5-21
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

Did android devices automatically charge when connected to the remote controller?
Has that also been removed for 1.4.2?
I'm about to send my remote controller back because it never lasts more than one hour before low battery. But maybe this is the reason why it never lasts very long! My phone is draining it!

Put me in the camp with the people who are glad automatic charging was disabled, then! If you can't keep your phone charged longer than your drone, that's your problem! I shouldn't have to lose flying time just because my phone is at 90% instead of 100. Such a pointless feature! If you know how phone batteries work, then you know that it requires a lot of power to get from 90% to 100%, so forcing my controller to do it is a waste of flying time.

But in all seriousness, why not give users the option to enable or disable this feature? Those of us who know how to charge our phones can disable it so the remote controller doesn't drain faster, and those who can't figure out how to keep their phones charged can rely on their remote controller to do it for them.
EDIT: I rooted my phone, so now I can manually disable charging. My remote controller lasted all day today during filming, and my phone battery fell to an "alarming" 67%. I don't know how I managed to survive with my phone battery so low. Clearly I should have used my controller to keep it at 100%, and only fly the drone for about 45 minutes in the process
2021-5-22
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

With new version Samsung galaxy s21U (exinos) frozen screen in 4k. Again...
2021-5-22
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

ChazWinter Posted at 5-22 08:56
Did android devices automatically charge when connected to the remote controller?
I'm about to send my remote controller back because it never lasts more than one hour before low battery. But maybe this is the reason why it never lasts very long! My phone is draining it!

Which app do you use? I also have root.
2021-5-22
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Austria

@ChazWinter Sorry, but then something is wrong with your cell phone and / or remote control.  My Android mobile phone (LG G7) is only charged at 60% without the remote control switching off earlier than the three flight batteries hold out!
It doesn't have to be longer, because then I'll have to charge the flight batteries anyway ...
Incidentally, have you ever thought that a (some) non-rooted cell phone would cause problems with data transmission without a charging function?  So the wish is unrealistic ...
And how should the default setting be?  Under iOS it is always off by default ... Everyone has made sure that this is the case.  Android is always loading ... everyone complains that this is the case ...
2021-5-23
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

ChazWinter Posted at 5-22 08:56
I'm about to send my remote controller back because it never lasts more than one hour before low battery. But maybe this is the reason why it never lasts very long! My phone is draining it!

everything below 3-4 hours i think is an issue with the RC itself. And android devices has always been charged by the RC, it is because of the architecture of Android, it has to constantly provide power to stay connected.
2021-5-23
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

sbonev Posted at 5-23 01:11
everything below 3-4 hours i think is an issue with the RC itself. And android devices has always charged the RC, it is because of the architecture of Android, it has to constantly provide power to stay connected.

Its more like RC allways charged android devices not the oposite....
2021-5-23
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Switzerland

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-23 02:18
Its more like RC allways charged android devices not the oposite....

it was a typo...
2021-5-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules