11631 58 2021-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4cmclean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 833 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded to 1.4.2 from 1.4.0 using a Samsung Note 8 which is rooted to Android 7. I use this for both Air 2 and Mini 2. Ver 1.4.2 now causes the screen to freeze when using video mode and after i start recoding. I have to switch back to camera pic mode, wait a few seconds in order for picture transmission to restore. This only happens on Mini 2 and not Air 2. Any Mini users experienced this?
I have reinstalled ver 1.4.0 and all is ok again.
2021-5-23
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

sbonev Posted at 5-23 01:11
everything below 3-4 hours i think is an issue with the RC itself. And android devices has always been charged by the RC, it is because of the architecture of Android, it has to constantly provide power to stay connected.

I rooted my phone and disabled charging while out filming yesterday. The remote controller lasted all day through several drone batteries, and my phone only dropped to like 60%, so clearly I didn't need the RC to charge my phone. If I had let the RC charge my phone, I would have had 100% phone charge but the RC would have lasted less than an hour just like before I rooted.

If you guys really desperately need your RC to charge your phone for some reason, then go for it. I fixed the problem for myself already!
For anyone else with rooted android, there are a lot of apps that do this, but the one I used is called Charge Control. I set it to never charge while the battery is above 40%
2021-5-23
Use props
ChazWinter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15262 ft
United States

(accidental double post)
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

sbonev Posted at 5-21 06:21
one question - WHY?

Hi there sbonev. Thank you for the reply. Due to the use of DJI Fly application's image transmission, intelligent flight, shooting and other functions, the power consumption of mobile devices is getting faster. Also the battery capacity of the new remote control has been increased that the battery life can still reach 3-4 hours in the case of charging a mobile device. Therefore, we optimized the charging function for iOS devices this time. When the remote controller is connected to an iOS device, it will be charged by default to ensure the endurance of the mobile device and make flight more secure. Thank you.
2021-5-23
Use props
Elsmeghead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3421503 ft
  • >>>
Guernsey

1.4.3 is out now.
Does this fix the Fn C1&C2 button issue and the disappearance of iOS phone charging??
I wish they’d state exactly what “bug fixes” they’ve claimed to have fixed.
2021-5-24
Use props
Spector1735
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51178 ft
United States

AussieDronePilot Posted at 5-19 00:34
Disappointing that the phone charging via the remote has been removed. A function I have used many times.

100% Agreed!
2021-5-25
Use props
oDouglas
New

Brazil

After updating to 1.4.2 my drone is not stabilizing, it is "pulling to the right"
2021-5-30
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

K6CCC Posted at 5-20 09:17
I find it funny as heck that people are begging to bring back phone charging whereas there are been frequent requests to please stop draining the remote controller battery by having the RC charge the phone.  Living proof that no matter what you do, you can't please everybody.

That's the beauty of the ON/OFF switch!!!
2021-6-3
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

4cmclean Posted at 5-23 07:11
I upgraded to 1.4.2 from 1.4.0 using a Samsung Note 8 which is rooted to Android 7. I use this for both Air 2 and Mini 2. Ver 1.4.2 now causes the screen to freeze when using video mode and after i start recoding. I have to switch back to camera pic mode, wait a few seconds in order for picture transmission to restore. This only happens on Mini 2 and not Air 2. Any Mini users experienced this?
I have reinstalled ver 1.4.0 and all is ok again.

Myself and other Huawei Mediapad 5Lite8 users are experiencing video downlink issues making the APP (V1.4.2)  unusable. The only fix is to revert back to V1.4.0 and disable all download capabilities of the DJIFly APP so it doesn’t keep updating itself.

I’m sorry to say this but this is typical DJI Android support, one step forward and two steps back with every update. It’s why I go with other manufacturers for all  my work rigs.
2021-6-6
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

oDouglas Posted at 5-30 08:12
After updating to 1.4.2 my drone is not stabilizing, it is "pulling to the right"

I have the same problem, but not sure if it's app related.
2021-6-6
Use props
raulvolador
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4771427 ft
Spain

App problems here when flying my Mavic Mini with DJI Fly 1.4.2 at Samsung A40 Android phone. Random app crash on flight. I tried unistalling app and performing a clean installation from scratch with no luck. At the end I downgrade to previous stable DJI Fly 1.4.0. That Android version is solid and stable, no more app crashs.

2021-6-9
Use props
djiuser_RdcNuFxzFeeC
New

El Salvador

tengo un problema con la actualizacion del firmware, llega hasta el 84% de ahi se detiene y el drone se reinicia

me pueden ayudar?

El Drone es nuevo
2021-7-16
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Nidge Posted at 6-6 12:06
Myself and other Huawei Mediapad 5Lite8 users are experiencing video downlink issues making the APP (V1.4.2)  unusable. The only fix is to revert back to V1.4.0 and disable all download capabilities of the DJIFly APP so it doesn’t keep updating itself.

I’m sorry to say this but this is typical DJI Android support, one step forward and two steps back with every update. It’s why I go with other manufacturers for all  my work rigs.

Maybe you should toss your Android in the bin and but yourself a proper phone (i.e IPhone). Trust me, flying using an IPhone is a wonderful and problem free experience.
2021-7-16
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

reinicia todo e intenta de nuevo . Si siga así ponte en contacto con el soporte de dji y mándales el log del error. solo ellos te podrán ayudar con esto. La otra opción es intentar actualizar desde el dji Fly app..
2021-7-16
Use props
TM260
lvl.1

United States

Mini 2 streaming video freezes now.  
2021-7-18
Use props
Nidge
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 7-16 05:22
Maybe you should toss your Android in the bin and but yourself a proper phone (i.e IPhone). Trust me, flying using an IPhone is a wonderful and problem free experience.

As well as the Mini 2 I use my Huawei devices to fly and maintain my:

Fleet of 3DR Solo’s.
My Pixhawk and Cube equipped drones.
My RC Logger Drones.
Both of my Parrot Anafi drones.
To wirelessly tweak and tune my FPV Racing and Freestyle Quads.
My Skydroid Long Range system.
Make on the fly adjustments to my Amimon HD FPV system.
Receive the EZOSD telemetry.

And a bunch of other RC and Drone related stuff.

So ditching Android for iOS just to fly a Mini2 is a false economy, as iOS will not support my other activities. It’s far more sensible to just ditch the Mini 2 before DJI screw-up  the DJI Fly APP any further.

Many DJI owners share many similarities to that of beaten and abused partners in a relationship. You get treated like crap but you’re still convinced you’re loved.
2021-7-22
Use props
djiuser_WaWKXWtcElHF
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've downloaded the latest firmware update 1.4.8..my mini 2 now will not go hardly any distance, it keeps loosing signal even tho I'm in direct contact with the drone, plus in sports mode I've now noticed even if you just gradually fly forwards, the camera tilts down and moves, I never had any problems when I was on the 1.4.4..any help please dji. From Mark.
2021-8-11
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 7-16 05:22

Ha ha ha ha, are you here for just 1 night or are ya here all week?
2021-8-11
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-21 00:51
Hi there Ashamar. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. Turning off charging for iOS devices has been removed in the latest version of the DJI Fly and designed to charge iOS devices automatically by default. Thank you.

Stephen Are you trying to say the Default is Charging On. And the default can be changed to off?

Makes no sense to force the end user to have charging on all the time. You can get in the position that your RC battery is low charge state and your smart device is High charge state.

Then you would turn auto charge phone = off.
2021-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules