IOS iPhone/Ipad missing phone charging Dji fly Version 1.4.2
1189 17 2021-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavetrix
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164587 ft
Sweden

It seems that iPhone/iPad Phone-Charging is now missing on the latest Version 1.4.2.

Can somebody confirm?
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep,   its been removed at last.
2021-5-19
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

It does *NOT* automatically charge your device.  There was absolutely no reason to remove it.  Do they not check this basic stuff before releasing it?

2021-5-19
Use props
Mavetrix
lvl.1
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 00:06
Yep,   its been removed at last.

Was that a bad feature? The only bad thing about the Phone Charging is that it was not on as default.
2021-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavetrix Posted at 5-19 09:07
Was that a bad feature? The only bad thing about the Phone Charging is that it was not on as default.

I had to keep turning it off,  I really dont want the controller charging my phone.
2021-5-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mavetrix. Thanks for reaching out! Turning off charging for iOS devices has been removed in the latest version of the DJI Fly and designed to charge iOS devices automatically by default.
2021-5-20
Use props
Mavetrix
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-20 02:50
Hi, Mavetrix. Thanks for reaching out! Turning off charging for iOS devices has been removed in the latest version of the DJI Fly and designed to charge iOS devices automatically by default.

Ok I can see that the phone start to charge when you start up the remote. But when I exit the Dji App then the charging gets interrupted. The only way to initiate phone charging again is to disconnect the data cable between iPhone and remote and connect it again. Haven’t tested if the Phone actually is charged. Will do so in a moment.
2021-5-20
Use props
Mavetrix
lvl.1
Sweden

Nopp, The Phone is not charging. I had 25% left on the battery and now its down to 18% after being connected for 15 min.
I can clearly both see and hear that the Phone initiated charging when It´s firs connect and after that the charging turns of.
2021-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mavetrix Posted at 5-20 09:58
Nopp, The Phone is not charging. I had 25% left on the battery and now its down to 18% after being connected for 15 min.
I can clearly both see and hear that the Phone initiated charging when It´s firs connect and after that the charging turns of.

Thanks for confirming and this has been forwarded already to our assigned department. Should there be any updates, we'll immediately let you know.
2021-5-20
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-20 23:10
Thanks for confirming and this has been forwarded already to our assigned department. Should there be any updates, we'll immediately let you know.

It sure would have been nice if they changed a feature to actually check how that feature works (or doesn't work) before pushing out an "update".
2021-5-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mavetrix Posted at 5-20 09:58
Nopp, The Phone is not charging. I had 25% left on the battery and now its down to 18% after being connected for 15 min.

Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused. This has been forwarded already to our engineers and will be fixed accordingly via an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your great support and understanding.
2021-5-21
Use props
Chadray0602
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319885 ft
United States

Parker Wombat Posted at 5-21 09:09
It sure would have been nice if they changed a feature to actually check how that feature works (or doesn't work) before pushing out an "update".

LOL Do you realize your speaking towards DJI?  I say towards because no matter what issue be I’ve had like trying to get my benefits from care refresh… DJI doesn’t seem to connect anyones spoken problems. They tend to just force feed you some scenario in which it makes the blame fall on everyone else. And when cornered they try b to make the time it will take to ship and inspect to replace seen so rediculous that you give up. Speaking from painful experience e. Mmfft
2021-5-31
Use props
Chadray0602
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319885 ft
United States

Parker Wombat Posted at 5-21 09:09

LOL Do you realize your speaking towards DJI?  I say towards because no matter what issue be I’ve had like trying to get my benefits from care refresh… DJI doesn’t seem to connect anyones spoken problems. They tend to just force feed you some scenario in which it makes the blame fall on everyone else. And when cornered they try b to make the time it will take to ship and inspect to replace seen so rediculous that you give up. Speaking from painful experience
2021-5-31
Use props
DaddyLee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483619 ft
United States

Well that's nice and dandy that phone charging is back, but we need an option to turn off auto charging. I NEVER used it in the past and had ZERO issues with overheating. Now, with it always on, you can immediately feel how much hotter my iPhone gets, as opposed to no charging mode.  Why the heck did you change it from optional charging, to no charging at all, to always charging? Makes zero sense.
2021-6-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DaddyLee Posted at 6-10 12:56
Well that's nice and dandy that phone charging is back, but we need an option to turn off auto charging. I NEVER used it in the past and had ZERO issues with overheating. Now, with it always on, you can immediately feel how much hotter my iPhone gets, as opposed to no charging mode.  Why the heck did you change it from optional charging, to no charging at all, to always charging? Makes zero sense.

We apologize for your negative experience. We have improved the charging management function of the DJI Fly app (for iOS), and have set iOS phones to be charged by default once they are connected to the remote controller. These changes are based on the following considerations:

1. The mobile device power drains quickly when using functions such as real-time image transmission, intelligent flight mode, and intelligent shooting mode during flight.
2. The capacity of the new remote controller's built-in battery is larger, so the battery life of the remote controller while charging an iOS device can be up to 3 to 4 hours.
2021-6-10
Use props
DaddyLee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483619 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-10 23:45
We apologize for your negative experience. We have improved the charging management function of the DJI Fly app (for iOS), and have set iOS phones to be charged by default once they are connected to the remote controller. These changes are based on the following considerations:

1. The mobile device power drains quickly when using functions such as real-time image transmission, intelligent flight mode, and intelligent shooting mode during flight.

Are you going to give me the same BS answer you messaged me earlier??? Are you going to keep ignoring the actual issue, the problem, and the potential solution?? "Turn off background apps", "Your mobile devices NEEDS the automatic charging," and so on. You seem to TOTALLY miss the point. I couldn't care less about the expanded capacity of the controller's new battery WHEN I DON'T WANT TO USE THE CHARGING CAPACITY AT ALL, whether for 2 or 3 or 4 hours. The mobile device battery drainage is nothing new, and has negligible effect on increased battery drainage, especially for those who make certain that their phones are totally charged before flying. I see the option for those who wish to use default charging, but WE NEED AN OPTION TO TURN IT OFF. This is not an uncommon problem. IT HAS PRETTY RUINED ANY CHANCE OF FLYING IN THE SUMMER WEATHER. How is this acceptable??
2021-6-11
Use props
dji_master
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1421440 ft
Russia

please return the ability to turn off charging.

I don't need the phone to charge in the process. It's important to me that the remote stays charged as long as possible. thank you
2021-6-17
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI I dont know how to ask PLEASE put again possibility to charge or not iphone, if i esc with remote not fully charged all power go to iphone, COME ON IS EASY PUT AS WAS BEFORE UPDATE, dont think me to buy HUBSAN all you tuber all users ask this so please revert this option
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules