Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NEW 1.4.2 DJI FLY APP UPDATE!
2602 20 2021-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YonDel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15561 ft
United States

For those who has not updated DJI FLY app to 1.4.2 from 1.4, you can now download the update.

For iPhone just go to the App Store and for android please visit the download section in DJI support website.

For all other phone versions please contact support.

Thank you, have fun and fly safe!

2021-5-18
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Android version still 1.4.0  ..........
2021-5-18
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

Miguel Leitao Posted at 5-18 10:20
Android version still 1.4.0  ..........

I see your right. Maybe they haven’t uploaded the update for android yet. I will try to find out what’s going on.
2021-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, that leaves android 2 version updates behind.  DJI download link for Fly App for android is V 1.4 and for iOS it's V 1.4.2.  Just sad the way DJI treats android users.
2021-5-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-18 12:28
Unfortunately, that leaves android 2 version updates behind.  DJI download link for Fly App for android is V 1.4 and for iOS it's V 1.4.2.  Just sad the way DJI treats android users.

Install the Huwei App Store and you can download 1.4.2.

https://huawei-appgallery.en.uptodown.com/android
2021-5-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 23:39

Thanks DA.  DJI finally updated their download site to include V 1.4.2 for Android.  Even though it shows 1.4 on the download button the download file is now 1.4.2

I'm still miffed as to why DJI treats android users like 2nd class citizens.  Other drone manufacturers simultaneously release updates for both iOS and Android users so not sure why DJI can't.

2021-5-19
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Did this fixed Custom Stick bug in SC ???
2021-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there YonDel. Good day and thank you for posting these information about the DJI Fly application v1.4.2. Great find and thank you for your support.
2021-5-19
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 22:34
Hello there YonDel. Good day and thank you for posting these information about the DJI Fly application v1.4.2. Great find and thank you for your support.

Your very welcome
2021-5-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-19 03:05
Thanks DA.  DJI finally updated their download site to include V 1.4.2 for Android.  Even though it shows 1.4 on the download button the download file is now 1.4.2

I'm still miffed as to why DJI treats android users like 2nd class citizens.  Other drone manufacturers simultaneously release updates for both iOS and Android users so not sure why DJI can't.

The last few releases went to android first and IOS a few days later though, so there's no reasoning behind it I'm sure.
2021-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-19 23:12
The last few releases went to android first and IOS a few days later though, so there's no reasoning behind it I'm sure.

Android users never got a V 1.4.1.  For Android it skipped from V1.4.0 to 1.4.2  But, iOS got 1.4.0, 1.4.1 and now 1.4.2

I guess what I was trying to say is that over the long haul DJI has always favored iOS users.  Not sure if Apple gives free mobile phones to DJI to ensure compatibility or not.  I'm sure from a developer standpoint it is much easier to update iOS since the OS is compatible across all their mobile devices unlike Android where it is open source and used on many different manufacturer's mobile devices.  
2021-5-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 5-20 03:16
Android users never got a V 1.4.1.  For Android it skipped from V1.4.0 to 1.4.2  But, iOS got 1.4.0, 1.4.1 and now 1.4.2

I guess what I was trying to say is that over the long haul DJI has always favored iOS users.  Not sure if Apple gives free mobile phones to DJI to ensure compatibility or not.  I'm sure from a developer standpoint it is much easier to update iOS since the OS is compatible across all their mobile devices unlike Android where it is open source and used on many different manufacturer's mobile devices.

iOS is much easier to support, far fewer skus to worry about and app comparability across devices is far better.  
2021-5-20
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Autoupdate in android isn't working, it says server error, you need to download the app manually from the page.
2021-5-20
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 5-20 03:42
Autoupdate in android isn't working, it says server error, you need to download the app manually from the page.

Correct. It will never update in Android because its no longer available in the Market only in there website.
2021-5-20
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

YonDel Posted at 5-20 09:12
Correct. It will never update in Android because its no longer available in the Market only in there website.

We know that the DJI Fly app was removed from the Google Play Store a few months ago, but you could update it via the Fly app.  Are you saying that that procedure has changed again, and the in app update for Android is no longer available via the in app update (a feature that was added only a few months ago)?
I see that 1.4.2 is still not available via the in app update procedure.
2021-5-20
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

K6CCC Posted at 5-20 09:25
We know that the DJI Fly app was removed from the Google Play Store a few months ago, but you could update it via the Fly app.  Are you saying that that procedure has changed again, and the in app update for Android is no longer available via the in app update (a feature that was added only a few months ago)?
I see that 1.4.2 is still not available via the in app update procedure.
Yes it’s not available in the android market nor it can be automatically updated since auto update can’t find anything in the market to update to. Not even fly was showing update. The only way was to go and download from website.

The only way to download android version of fly or update it, is through DJI website
2021-5-20
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

YonDel Posted at 5-20 09:57
Yes it’s not available in the android market nor it can be automatically updated since auto update can’t find anything in the market to update to. Not even fly was showing update. The only way was to go and download from website.

The only way to download android version of fly or update it, is through DJI website

Maybe DJI is just trying to eliminate Android support for their drones in small phases.

What doesn't make any sense to me is that part of removing the app from the Play Store was to add the ability to update the app from within the Fly app.  That worked as recently as a few weeks ago - and did not depend on the Play Store (as far as I know).  Now a short time later, they apparently remove that capability.  Makes no sense...
2021-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

YonDel Posted at 5-19 22:36
Your very welcome

Hi there YonDel. Thank you for the reply and it is my pleasure. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep flying. .
2021-5-21
Use props
YonDel
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-21 01:02
Hi there YonDel. Thank you for the reply and it is my pleasure. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep flying.  .

Thank you
2021-5-21
Use props
djiuser_9HRxYICswvoa
New

United States

DAFlys Posted at 5-18 23:39

Great tip!
2021-7-2
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

Don’t forget there is a newer version now
2021-7-2
Use props
Advanced