No Phone charging in DJI Fly app update 1.4.2 on IOS.
1750 15 2021-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eusjan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325883 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is no phone charging possibility anymore in the DJI Fly app 1.4.2 on IOS, please DJI, fix this.
2021-5-18
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

It's quite pathetic that they don't check this type of thing before they push out an update. Ridiculous.
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_qvlVDcQQQTGv
New
Flight distance : 200413 ft
Germany

Parker Wombat Posted at 5-19 07:27
It's quite pathetic that they don't check this type of thing before they push out an update. Ridiculous.

This „feature“ was not written in the release notes.
2021-5-19
Use props
SengFeng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1539150 ft
United States

djiuser_qvlVDcQQQTGv Posted at 5-19 12:11
This „feature“ was not written in the release notes.

Their release notes are the most pathetic thing ever.  Is it too much to ask for for a detailed list of changes rather than having to figure out where a control moved to while you're flying?  I seriously doubt Garmin ever does that with their flight nav software.
2021-5-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Eusjan. Thanks for reaching out! Turning off charging for iOS devices has been removed in the latest version of the DJI Fly and designed to charge iOS devices automatically by default.
2021-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Do you encounter any problems with the current version of the DJI Fly? Please let us know so we can assist you better.
2021-5-20
Use props
Parker Wombat
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-20 00:50
Hi, Eusjan. Thanks for reaching out! Turning off charging for iOS devices has been removed in the latest version of the DJI Fly and designed to charge iOS devices automatically by default.

That's the very issue Gamora - it does NOT charge by default.
Here are others complaining about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MumDKNnOPEw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MumDKNnOPEw
2021-5-20
Use props
sushikai
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-20 02:50
Do you encounter any problems with the current version of the DJI Fly? Please let us know so we can assist you better.

Yes, it does not charge the phone on iOS. And having had the option to switch it off was also very much appreciated so as not to annoy an already full phone with charge currents.
2021-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sushikai Posted at 5-23 03:00
Yes, it does not charge the phone on iOS. And having had the option to switch it off was also very much appreciated so as not to annoy an already full phone with charge currents.

We have already acknowledged the charging issue on iOS devices and will be fixed accordingly via an update as soon as possible. However, the option to turn off charging is currently removed on the latest version of the DJI Fly. Thank you for your great support and understanding.
2021-5-23
Use props
michimue88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 841260 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

is fixit with the update on 1.4.3
2021-5-24
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-23 03:32
We have already acknowledged the charging issue on iOS devices and will be fixed accordingly via an update as soon as possible. However, the option to turn off charging is currently removed on the latest version of the DJI Fly. Thank you for your great support and understanding.

Please bring back the option to turn charging on or off.  It is silly to take away an option that was already there!  Most of the time I do not want it to charge my phone!
2021-5-24
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Now with update of fly app 1.4.3 always charging no possibility to choose, with iPhone very stupid choice if my iphone is charge not stop he damage my iPhone battery (some require damage from user iphone)  and discharge my remote
is easy put again with choice to charge or not mystery why remove and now put again dji come on wake up i expect this from competitor not you.

all youtuber are showing this issue
2021-5-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

KlooGee Posted at 5-24 04:53
Please bring back the option to turn charging on or off.  It is silly to take away an option that was already there!  Most of the time I do not want it to charge my phone!

We have improved the charging management function of the DJI Fly app (for iOS), and have set iOS phones to be charged by default once they are connected to the remote controller. These changes are based on the following considerations:
1. The mobile device power drains quickly when using functions such as real-time image transmission, intelligent flight mode, and intelligent shooting mode during flight.
2. The capacity of the new remote controller built-in battery is larger, so the battery life of the remote controller while charging an iOS device can be up to 3 to 4 hours.
2021-5-24
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Total disagere in i exit with not culla charged remote i dont want to fly, si not difficult put it back as previus user can choice mistery Why remove and again put in.
2021-5-24
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-24 06:50
We have improved the charging management function of the DJI Fly app (for iOS), and have set iOS phones to be charged by default once they are connected to the remote controller. These changes are based on the following considerations:
1. The mobile device power drains quickly when using functions such as real-time image transmission, intelligent flight mode, and intelligent shooting mode during flight.
2. The capacity of the new remote controller built-in battery is larger, so the battery life of the remote controller while charging an iOS device can be up to 3 to 4 hours.

Hi,

While one one hand its great that the feature is back automatically and for some users this default mode is great, as it automatically charges their phone. However, some users would certainly like to choose.

Would there be any consideration for an on/off feature to be returned?
2021-5-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mini-G Posted at 5-25 06:34
Hi,

While one one hand its great that the feature is back automatically and for some users this default mode is great, as it automatically charges their phone. However, some users would certainly like to choose.

We appreciate your feedback about the recent changes. Unfortunately, there's no confirmation yet whether this option can be available again on future DJI Fly update but we'll forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for the DJI Fly.
2021-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules