Reliable flight logs download
1267 3 2021-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

I fly the DJI FPV a lot, usually between 3-6 packs / day.
But I rarely run the DJI Fly app, since it brings little to the party

then once in a while (perhap every 5-7 days) I do connect it to download the flight logs.

however, Ive noticed, it only ever seems to upload the last few logs to DJI cloud (or show on the DJI Fly - Flight Data Center)

note: the process is working, it says its downloading, and I do see the last few flights,  but it looks like its only downloading the last day or so.
Ive tried leaving it phone/googles connected for longer periods, but still the sae.

does the DJI Fly app only upload from a limited time period?
is there a way to override this?

note2: if I go into the Aircraft logs, this appear to have all the logs.

If DJI Fly cannot synchronise all flights, is there a way I can download them , and then upload to somewhere like AirData manually?

currently , I sync to DJI cloud, then sync from there to Air Data.... perhaps I should switch to the Airdata sync app,
but I found that a little 'unreliable'

thoughts?

2021-5-19
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

side question - does formatting the goggles sdcard , also delete flight logs?
(I generally only format after Ive done the flight log download, but Im not sure this is necessary!?)

2021-5-19
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

thetechnobear Posted at 5-19 06:56
side question - does formatting the goggles sdcard , also delete flight logs?
(I generally only format after Ive done the flight log download, but Im not sure this is necessary!?)

" does formatting the goggles sdcard , also delete flight logs?"

The SD card doesn't hold the flight logs. The logs are stored on internal memory. As far as I know, there is not a way to delete flight logs.

I experience the same problem as you. I only fly once or twice a day but often go days between downloading logs. I'm not positive, but I think unplugging the USB cable from the smart device and then plugging it back in will restart the download process. I have to download the list of logs again and then restart individual downloads by pressing the icon on the far right of the screen.

You described one of the mysteries of the flight logs. The other question I have is what's the difference between the logs on the goggles and the logs on the drone?

Someone posted a thread on flight logs. I added a post showing where I think the logs are stored on the drone. Here's a link in case you're interested.
2021-5-19
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Spain

yeah, Ive seen similar behaviour where it sometimes seems to only download a few flights, then restart dji fly (or even just going in/out/in of profile) will start some more downloading.
but seems its only last few flights.

if I look at 'files' on my iphone, this confirms the same - that it hasnt downloaded everything from the goggles.

of course, its unclear if this is DJI Fly deciding it will only download the last N logs or last N days of logs - or if the goggles have limited storage , so perhaps logs are just not available.
thought the 'aircraft logs' seems to show logs for the drone and googles, which are for dates not downloaded.

(Ive downloaded these a couple of times , but its extremely slow... and Im not sure if these are encrypted or not... unlike the DJI Fly logs which seem to be unencrypted)
2021-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules