Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Used 2 battery today, 2 flights with my MM2.

First flight 100% - 36% battery level (16m8s) and succesfull. See the long video....yes i know  too long!

Second flight 99% to 30% battery (16m30s) and something weird happend.
Flying close to HP at about 33 meters height i heard "Landing".....
As i saw my drone flying easy to cancel this "ForcedLanding?" by pulling up.
So as usual i read out / analyse my flightlogs and what ??  82.1 second of data missing.
Log jumps from 10m40.7 to 12m02.8....And yes, in this time period the "landing" message was heard.

But whole flight is video recorded and (as i always do) had the entire flight screen recorded! (see the short video)

So i have no idea why the flightlog is missing 82 seconds of data as it was connected all the time to my RC/Phone.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-5-19
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

If I had to bet I would say that you accidentally pushed the hidden DJI time travel button

OK, maybe not. In the analysis1.png, are you really missing the 82.1 seconds in the total time of flight or is it possible that the internal timer just got somehow reset or so. Or is it possible that just the uplink was still working and the downlink not so that you didn't realize the gap?

What about the lines between 5222 and 6386, did you manually delete them?

Anyway, if not you as a designated log file analyst, who else could find the bug?
2021-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sounds like whether by accident or choice you have loss of signal set to land, you said part of log missing this should equate to no downlink . This is the explanation for what happens when this occurs , can’t think of another unless bug or drone is broke .
2021-5-19
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Yes and in addition, we don't excactly know how the DJI software works. But in multi processing systems it could happen that the CPU is too busy and choose to do, by internal priority settings, more crutial things than wasting the precious CPU time with writing log files.
2021-5-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 08:58
Sounds like whether by accident or choice you have loss of signal set to land, you said part of log missing this should equate to no downlink . This is the explanation for what happens when this occurs , can’t think of another unless bug or drone is broke .

RTH seting checked before flight, and was not set to land.
But only the log data is missing, the whole flight is on video and screen recorded.

See the next flighs if drone is broken....

cheers
JJB
2021-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 5-19 09:38
RTH seting checked before flight, and was not set to land.
But only the log data is missing, the whole flight is on video and screen recorded.

Its not Rth setting, its loss of signal setting, its a separate failsafe and must be set in app separate to RTH.
2021-5-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 09:55
Its not Rth setting, its loss of signal setting, its a separate failsafe and must be set in app separate to RTH.

Agree, i call it the RTH setting as this happens due to loss of contact. Not a seperate option in the flyapp, there is only 1 option for RTH | Descend | Hover.

When i replay the flight in the app, all data is there!  so it is probably a conversion error.
2021-5-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

FloridaNext Posted at 5-19 08:52
If I had to bet I would say that you accidentally pushed the hidden DJI time travel button

OK, maybe not. In the analysis1.png, are you really missing the 82.1 seconds in the total time of flight or is it possible that the internal timer just got somehow reset or so. Or is it possible that just the uplink was still working and the downlink not so that you didn't realize the gap?

Yep, now i remember....if you press the function btn and the power btn and the camera btn ; time travel !! my finger trouble.....  ;-)

Lines between 5222 and 6386 and not shown in this FRAP view, as all records after 5222 are equal to 5222 (for messages and errors)

Downlink = Oke, all data seen in the video, screen recording and + replay video in the FlyApp
Uplink = oke ; full control during entire flight

cheers
JJB
2021-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 5-19 11:48
Agree, i call it the RTH setting as this happens due to loss of contact. Not a seperate option in the flyapp, there is only 1 option for RTH | Descend | Hover.

When i replay the flight in the app, all data is there!  so it is probably a conversion error.

There are 2 options for , Failsafe and Auto RTH. Auto is normal RTH IE initiated by controller or Auto low battery , Advance Settings RTH Descend Hover” only for loss of signal”, so 2 options for RTH in fly app. Maybe something lost in translation.
2021-5-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 12:22
There are 2 options for , Failsafe and Auto RTH. Auto is normal RTH IE initiated by controller or Auto low battery , Advance Settings RTH Descend Hover” only for loss of signal”, so 2 options for RTH in fly app. Maybe something lost in translation.

oke, can you upload 2 pictures of both settings, i cannot find the other one. in the FlyApp.
Sinal lost settings "RTH | Descend | Hover" is the one i can find.
SignalLost.jpg
2021-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 5-19 12:28
oke, can you upload 2 pictures of both settings, i cannot find the other one. in the FlyApp.
Sinal lost settings "RTH | Descend | Hover" is the one i can find.

Auto RTH, you surely know about this one, you set parameters, you can also change while using the drone.
2021-5-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

He is thinking of the DJI Go app where they are separate options.
2021-5-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

thanks Hallmark for the picture, ofcourse i know this setting but has nothing to do with my missing data and suddenly a "landing" message during my flight.

As said before, entire flight is on video, screen recorded and replay video function in the flyapp shows the entire flight as well.  So why missing records in the log ?

I assume that the video replay in the FlyApp uses the same info from the same data file....

But thanks anyway.

cheers
JJB
2021-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 5-19 22:54
thanks Hallmark for the picture, ofcourse i know this setting but has nothing to do with my missing data and suddenly a "landing" message during my flight.

As said before, entire flight is on video, screen recorded and replay video function in the flyapp shows the entire flight as well.  So why missing records in the log ?

You lost radio control not video ie Ocysync worked radio cut out . Regarding you knowing , read what you wrote, you said there is only ONE Rth setting Wrong there is TWO.
2021-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 5-19 14:51
He is thinking of the DJI Go app where they are separate options.

No I’m not “there are two distinct RTH settings on all dji drones , and both require input from controller.
2021-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-20 03:14
You lost radio control not video ie Ocysync worked radio cut out . Regarding you knowing , read what you wrote, you said there is only ONE Rth setting Wrong there is TWO.

no, i wrote "...there is only 1 option for RTH | Descend | Hover"  wich is true ofcourse.
In the other option you only set the RTH height.

Question remains ; what info do you loose when you loose radio control ?  beceause in flight i did not loose anything, full control etc  full video, no warnings in the replay video on the app. Does loosing Ocysync means drone will after 11 seconds start a RTH procedure?? no automated RTH in this flight.
Watch the video again, see the time and the time in the log screenshot. Video is in that time frame!

Must be my bad english, my RTH option is, as said before, the failsafe option wich was set to RTH.

cheers
JJB
2021-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 5-20 04:05
no, i wrote "...there is only 1 option for RTH | Descend | Hover"  wich is true ofcourse.
In the other option you only set the RTH height.

Well you’re completely wrong, 2 options and you can do more than than just set Rth height, may I suggest you go back and RTFM, "there are two different settings for Rth “ thats fact…
If you lose Radio Control RTH or landing Hover can kick in it doesn't mean you have lost Qcysync which is Video downlink.

Scaring sheep is usually a past time explored by Weird Farmers ;+)
2021-5-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 5-20 05:21
Well you’re completely wrong, 2 options and you can do more than than just set Rth height, may I suggest you go back and RTFM, "there are two different settings for Rth “ thats fact…
If you lose Radio Control RTH or landing Hover can kick in it doesn't mean you have lost Qcysync which is Video downlink.

nah, there is only 1 option for the "RTH | Descend | Hover" setting, not 2, it is called the signal lost option. This option only to be found once in the FlyApp menu.
The other option wich relates to the RTH mode is the user RTH setting. (no need to read the manual for this)

Never heard of the RTFM, for me it is RTM   ;-)  , but you may use the F word.

Problem is to be found in the conversion of *txt file to * csv file, all data in the *txt so my drone is quite happy.

OcuSync handles and the up/down link for data (rc commands and parameters values xfer, and ofcourse the video data is done over this link.

Btw  Dutch sheep uses ear protection plugs, part of the well being of animals because of low flying aircraft corridors, so they don`t get upset by mini2 humming....   ;-)  

cheers
JJB

2021-5-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 5-20 06:04
nah, there is only 1 option for the "RTH | Descend | Hover" setting, not 2, it is called the signal lost option. This option only to be found once in the FlyApp menu.
The other option wich relates to the RTH mode is the user RTH setting. (no need to read the manual for this)

Well considering you actually think you can only use this to  ONLY set height would say you definitely need to RTFM ,  you first say its not an option then you call it an option, this makes no sense and is completely misleading.
It seem this was something to do with nothing, that explains it..
2021-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules