Downhill active tracking with DJI AIR2S
2498 9 2021-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T.Savolainen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2196496 ft
Finland

Hi! I wanted to share a video of me testing how AIR 2S active track performs when doing downhill in the ski resort with fatbike. Also later in the video you can see how far POI tracking is working from me when i am driving on top of a frozen swamp with my fatbike. Its pretty amazing how you can just put the drone in the air and go ride freely and not to worry too much about crashing it!

2021-5-19
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Wow thats perfect both Your video and Air2s
2021-5-19
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes that was super impressive. Air2s handled really well.
2021-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there T.Savolainen. Good day and thank you for posting this cool video you have filmed. Great work and keep safe always. .
2021-5-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, great video.  
2021-5-20
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

I am just lost for words. That was incredible. Much enjoyable. Which other drone can do this more than DJI. It has to be a Finn doing this of course.  Very professionally made. Hyvä hyvä hyvä Savolainen.
2021-5-20
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

The obstacle avoidance worked really well for the drone to find its way between trees. Very impressive. Where was the controller and device when you were riding?
2021-5-20
Use props
T.Savolainen
lvl.2
Finland

Prairie Chicken Posted at 5-20 10:08
The obstacle avoidance worked really well for the drone to find its way between trees. Very impressive. Where was the controller and device when you were riding?

Thanks for your kind words! I just used gopro accessories to connect the controller to the bike handlebar. Here are couple of pictures of my setup. Not perfect but gets the job done. Would be nice if DJI would do official accessory to do the same job.

2021-5-20
Use props
T.Savolainen
lvl.2
Finland

kyalami Posted at 5-20 09:04
I am just lost for words. That was incredible. Much enjoyable. Which other drone can do this more than DJI. It has to be a Finn doing this of course.  Very professionally made. Hyvä hyvä hyvä Savolainen.

Thank you! Glad you liked it! We finns love winter, cold, going to deserted places and doing all kinds of exotic stuff! And doing things safely..That usually isn't that much fun..
2021-5-20
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

"Thanks for your kind words! I just used gopro accessories to connect the controller to the bike handlebar. Here are couple of pictures of my setup. Not perfect but gets the job done. Would be nice if DJI would do official accessory to do the same job."

Nice improvised setup. Worked a charm. I think we can all thank GoPro at some point.

(I couldn't reply with your tag for some reason. This is the best I could do.)
2021-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules