Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PMU failure-DJI Non HD gimbal-Lightbridge wiring harness
6246 3 2015-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm bringing this to your attention as I think everyone with this harness should inspect it. This is the DJI Non-HD gimbal-Lightbridge wiring harness. If you have the GH4 it does NOT apply to you. This incident blew my PMU but I was fortunate enough to have it happen just before take off on my 4th flight. Had this occured in the air the 1000 would have lost power and crashed. DJI- the video shows 2 exposed wires in this harness (red/brown) coming from the canbus cable. I found them by peeling the cable covering back. Also I will be posting this on Lightbridge forum to alert owners to inspect their harness.
2015-7-19
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Hi, gentle reminder, this can cable is required to connect to A2 can1 bus (IMU-GPS-IOSD) instead of can 2 bus (PMU-LED).
lb.jpg
2015-7-20
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-7-20 16:08
Hi, gentle reminder, this can cable is required to connect to A2 can1 bus (IMU-GPS-IOSD) instead of ...

Hi, it was NOT plugged into Can 2. It was plugged into the IOSD on Can 1. The bare wires I show in the video (Red/Brown) was the way the cable came. I peeled back the wrapping to get to it. These 2 wires were touching and started shorting the yellow/tan wire. This presented a high voltage issue which blew the PMU...once I separated the red/Brown and repaired the yellow/Tan and replaced the PMU I got all electronics back. And just for clarification, this 1000 had been working fine so it's not a new build or new cable. Also, the way it was narrowed down to this cable was the PMU would start getting HOT...when I disconnected this cable from the IOSD the PMU would not get hot. I replaced the PMU with another new one and without this cable plugged in I would get my electronics back..
2015-7-20
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-7-20 22:27
Hi, it was NOT plugged into Can 2. It was plugged into the IOSD on Can 1. The bare wires I show in  ...

[size=14.3999996185303px]This problem has been improved last year by wrapping the red and grey cable with insulation tape. Thanks for your reminder anyway. You may contact your dealer for replacing a new cable.
2015-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules