Downloading video off of drone
2337 4 2021-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pcPM9ui1swbz
New
United States

Is there any way to download files directly from the drone to an Android phone via a cable. I don't think it really works normally because as far as I know the micro SD isn't formatted in a way a phone could read easily but maybe there's an app out there or something? I know how to download them when my phone is plugged into my controller and that's what I usually do but the ease at which I can just plug my drone straight into my computer and quickly download files makes me want to be able to do that with a phone. I know a micro SD reader that can plug into my phone is probably what I'll end up getting but taking the card in and out and then having to worry about it not being in the drone when you want to fly is a bit of a hassle and I was just curious if this direct phone connection is something that could even work?
2021-5-19
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

You can download from the DJI app, does this not work for you?
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_pcPM9ui1swbz
New
United States

Captain Dangerous Posted at 5-20 12:38
You can download from the DJI app, does this not work for you?

Probably should have prefaced more/stressed more that downloading works fine and everything I'm just curious why downloading direct to phone over cable doesn't work/if there were any way it could work. One photo is the way I'm doing it now that I think you're talking about that works fine other than the fact that it's a bit slow when downloading a lot of 4k/5.4k footage (since it uses the controller's wifi connection to the drone) and can eat up quite a bit of drone battery while you're doing it. Other photo is hooking it up drone to phone directly (like when you're getting footage to your computer) and I'm just curious why that can't work or if there's a way it could (since it would be faster downloading and you could have the controller off altough that's not a big deal at all). Still will probably end up with a micro SD card reader since that's fastest but as I said in the post that's a bit more of a hassle and I'm just curious.
IMG_20210520_183509410.jpg
IMG_20210520_183650243.jpg
2021-5-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_pcPM9ui1swbz Posted at 5-20 14:48
Probably should have prefaced more/stressed more that downloading works fine and everything I'm just curious why downloading direct to phone over cable doesn't work/if there were any way it could work. One photo is the way I'm doing it now that I think you're talking about that works fine other than the fact that it's a bit slow when downloading a lot of 4k/5.4k footage (since it uses the controller's wifi connection to the drone) and can eat up quite a bit of drone battery while you're doing it. Other photo is hooking it up drone to phone directly (like when you're getting footage to your computer) and I'm just curious why that can't work or if there's a way it could (since it would be faster downloading and you could have the controller off altough that's not a big deal at all). Still will probably end up with a micro SD card reader since that's fastest but as I said in the post that's a bit more of a hassle and I'm just curious.

will probably end up with a micro SD card reader since that's fastest but as I said in the post that's a bit more of a hassle
It's much less hassle than having to power up the drone and wait for slow copying via cable.
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_pcPM9ui1swbz
New
United States

Labroides Posted at 5-20 15:04
will probably end up with a micro SD card reader since that's fastest but as I said in the post that's a bit more of a hassle
It's much less hassle than having to power up the drone and wait for slow copying via cable.

Yeah that's true, I don't really know how much faster it is than cable but I could probably get used to it if it's worth it/that much faster. Downloading it off the computer is the only thing I have to compare it to at the moment so all I know is that downloading through the app is real slow and I probably won't stick with that for too long.
2021-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules