Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HT20T thermal photos to QGIS - Coordinate problem
2026 2 2021-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Teemu Räsänen
New

Finland

Hello,

We have DJI M300 RTK with Thermal H20T camera. The first aerial photographs have been taken and I would like to analyze thermal images in the QGIS software. When I try to use these photos as a raster map layer, unfortunately I cant find correct reference coordinate system for these JPG files. It is needed because I want to combine them with another geospatial information. JPG file details show that there is GPS information included, my guess is that coordinates are in WGS84 format but I did not succeed to set it up correctly.

You could find sample of our thermal images here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ljQGE4Nq4DIFoV_ZMXeVSFagcK_dYdt_/view?usp=sharing

Have you used thermal images in QGIS? Help is needed.

Best regards,

Teemu
2021-5-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2021-5-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi !

There are two solutions, to my knowledge. I use both.
The first is not simple, it consists in using the georeferencing function of QGIS. You take your photo, you superimpose it on a google SAT layer for example, then you look for the matches. This will allow QGIS to orient your image and scale it. It is long, and in the case of a natural space like the one in example, it will be inaccurate.

The second is very simple but requires photogrammetry software.
I suggest that you take a thermal photo set of the area in question, in view of the vegetation you can try to cover the area with an overlap of 80% frontal and 70% lateral, that should be enough.
Then i offer you to share the images with me and I'll try to get you a usable raster. I have never tried with this camera! But making a raster with a thermal camera is not something unknown or unfeasible.

It seems that we are working on projects with identical aims at least similar.

Regards

Jordane

2021-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules