Controller Start Button broken
3692 8 2021-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burndog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

Has anyone had success fixing a stuck Start button on the FPV Controller? For some reason my decided to die on me while in my case. It no longer clicks when depressed so likely always on condition.

I've considered taking it apart but it looks like the case has some hidden securing features. Maybe it's simply snapped together? Not sure if anyone has taken one apart or if the internal components are user repairable?

I do have the DJI Care package but not sure it that is for controllers or only the drone.

Anyone?

2021-5-20
Use props
Burndog
lvl.1
United States

Not sure if this posted as it noted a condition of Draft
2021-5-20
Use props
cootertwo
Second Officer
United States

There are some "tear down" you tube videos around.
2021-5-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

The case isn't too bad to open but the front buttons are really hard to get to.

This sounds like a warranty repair to me.

Before you contact support, you might want to try blowing some air around the button. Also try charging it.

Here's a photo of the PCB with the start button. (The start button is on the left side of the photo.)

There are more photos of the controller insides in this thread. The thread also includes a link to my Hackaday IO project about this drone.
2021-5-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

cootertwo Posted at 5-20 11:41
There are some "tear down" you tube videos around.

"There are some 'tear down' you tube videos around."

Are you sure there are teardown videos for the controller? I've been watching for a video teardown myself and I haven't found one.

There is a video showing how to open the case.

The above video shows how the axes can be swapped but you can't use that trick to reverse an axis. To reverse an axis you need to rotate the magnet or the Hall sensor. (Rotating the Hall sensor is likely the best option.) I have a thread here about reversing the throttle in mode 2.
The best/only teardown of the controller I'm aware of is my teardown on Hackaday IO. I really should setup a proper video camera to capture my teardowns. I like video teardowns more than photographs of a teardown myself.

2021-5-20
Use props
Burndog
lvl.1
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 5-20 12:02
The case isn't too bad to open but the front buttons are really hard to get to.

This sounds like a warranty repair to me.

You got me excited there with the recommendation to Charge It... But I found that controller IS already charged. I'll do the air blast option this afternoon.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this information.
2021-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Burndog. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with your DJI FPV remote controller. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit and voiding the warranty as well. Thank you.
2021-5-20
Use props
fans93492ae5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 486503 ft
Brazil

I've disassembled my remote controller to replace the broken cover, and now it won't turn on. I've double checked every single piece of flat cable, connectors, etc, with a magnifier. There's nothing wrong, no cut tracks, no broken cables, nothing. Are there any security features in the controller, something that may need a reset or something?

BTW: as you can see, the new cover (TOP picture) is more robust, has more plastic structure. My original one (bottom) cracked from a 30 inch fall (very fragile).

IMG_2393.jpeg
2022-10-3
Use props
fpv_gramps
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107579 ft
Malta

looking for the right stick potentiometer. any links please
2023-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now