Newest DJI Fly Crash on Android 12(S) Beta
1431 4 2021-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kdr83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 830810 ft
United States

I understand I am using a beta OS that isn't currently supported.  I just wanted to draw attention to DJI Fly not working on the upcoming version of Android.  My current Android build is SPB1.210331.013.
2021-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, kdr83. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI Fly doesn't support the beta version of Android 12. Once the official version of the Android 12 has been released, we will issue an update for the DJI Fly to be compatible.
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_4zcSXFJkM5OH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3230197 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-20 23:27
Hi, kdr83. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI Fly doesn't support the beta version of Android 12. Once the official version of the Android 12 has been released, we will issue an update for the DJI Fly to be compatible.

Hey is there any chance that this update could come sooner rather than later? I mean it should not be hard to just update the app there are lots of users that have updated to try the android 12 dev preview and use that device as their primary drone flight device. It seems a bit unfair to just have us wait no?
2021-7-1
Use props
djiuser_NzwcRRf1CbYf
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-20 23:27
Hi, kdr83. Thanks for reaching out! Currently, the DJI Fly doesn't support the beta version of Android 12. Once the official version of the Android 12 has been released, we will issue an update for the DJI Fly to be compatible.

Is there a DJI Fly update for Android 12 that we can test?  Technically we are on Android 12 Beta 5 which is Google's Release Candidate (no more major changes) and this is the last release for all App Developers to make their apps stable for the final release in October.   The way I see it, DJI should be testing the new Fly App now and making sure it works on Android 12.  The last thing you want is to release the update and have issues.  I've read a lot of forum.dji.com that talk about how poor 1.4.8 was in comparison to 1.4.2 and 1.4.4.  

If an Android 12 supported version of Fly is not going to be released prior to the Offical Google Annouchment, could you at least address the situation and provide some information about the changes and the release date of the next version (same day Google announces or with a week after the announcement?).  I would have to agree, there is a lot of DJI users that cannot fly right now because of DJI Fly App crashing, and to top it off, the Smart Controller is sold out everywhere including the DJI Store.   Thanks!
2021-9-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_NzwcRRf1CbYf Posted at 9-11 13:13
Is there a DJI Fly update for Android 12 that we can test?  Technically we are on Android 12 Beta 5 which is Google's Release Candidate (no more major changes) and this is the last release for all App Developers to make their apps stable for the final release in October.   The way I see it, DJI should be testing the new Fly App now and making sure it works on Android 12.  The last thing you want is to release the update and have issues.  I've read a lot of forum.dji.com that talk about how poor 1.4.8 was in comparison to 1.4.2 and 1.4.4.  

If an Android 12 supported version of Fly is not going to be released prior to the Offical Google Annouchment, could you at least address the situation and provide some information about the changes and the release date of the next version (same day Google announces or with a week after the announcement?).  I would have to agree, there is a lot of DJI users that cannot fly right now because of DJI Fly App crashing, and to top it off, the Smart Controller is sold out everywhere including the DJI Store.   Thanks!

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. This issue will be optimized and we will release a new version of DJI Fly soon, please wait patiently and keep an eye on our website for updates. Hope you have a good time on flying.
2021-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules