7319 42 2021-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hammerhead 6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1554852 ft
  • >>>
United States

Love the new M2EA, but we can not seem to get the RTK Module to connect to NTRIP servers. The Module snaps on and powers up (and has beeen activiated with DJI) but it will not connect to servers even after being in open space for 30 minutes with strong WIFI (it just says "connecting...). Has anyone been successful in connecting and using the RTK module wit the M2EA? Is this is known issue? Any help that can be offered is apppreciated.

Note: we are in CA and have subscrived to the appropriate accounts to allow us to use the State's NTRIP servers.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!
2021-5-20
Use props
apuzer
lvl.2

United States

I am in the same boat with the Matrice 300 and the North Carolina  NTRIP connection. Internet strong, and says "data converging" I have yet to be able to fly a mission with RTK, and desperately need to. All the times I have emailed DJI support, I a getting no where.
2021-5-23
Use props
Hammerhead 6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have started a support ticket with DJI. Still looking for any kind of answer
2021-5-23
Use props
fans33559f41
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1107530 ft
United States

I have finally been able to connect.  What a pain in the ass.  Every time I use the M2EA with the rtk it takes about 10 mins to start working.   You would think the 2nd start-up, second battery in the same location would connect quicker. Hahahaha nope!
2021-5-26
Use props
Hammerhead 6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans33559f41 Posted at 5-26 19:00
I have finally been able to connect.  What a pain in the ass.  Every time I use the M2EA with the rtk it takes about 10 mins to start working.   You would think the 2nd start-up, second battery in the same location would connect quicker. Hahahaha nope!

So….. maybe I need to dedicate a batter to RTK start up?  Or is this the car with every flight?
2021-5-27
Use props
Jerseyjers
lvl.2
United States

Hammerhead 6 Posted at 5-27 00:10
So….. maybe I need to dedicate a batter to RTK start up?  Or is this the car with every flight?

No because soon as you shut down then put a new battery in you get the same thing at the same location.  However..... today's 3 flights at the same location the rtk was able to connect within a few mins. Soooo idk 100% yet. More flights needed.   I will tell you that I did fly under a water tower to get near shots of the radios and I did loose rtk.   Once lost she started to bounce around. 25mph wind gusts.  I backed off the water tower and regained rtk within seconds.
2021-5-27
Use props
Hammerhead 6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Good news. I am still unable to connect. Sending the RTK back to DJI so they can evaluate it
2021-5-27
Use props
Jerseyjers
lvl.2
United States

Hammerhead 6 Posted at 5-27 14:54
Good news. I am still unable to connect. Sending the RTK back to DJI so they can evaluate it

Make sure that the M2ea with the rtk has nothing above or around it.      Does your system say it's converging data?  If so and you've picked a close mount point then you should be good.  
2021-5-28
Use props
Hammerhead 6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello. Yes on all counts. It says “converging” and is left in open space for more than 30 minutes with a) info for the closest NTRIP server and b) a strong WiFi signal vis mobile hot spot. No joy. Perhaps a defective RTK unit. It’s on its way back to DJI now to find out.
2021-5-28
Use props
Jerseyjers
lvl.2
United States

Hammerhead 6 Posted at 5-28 07:26
Hello. Yes on all counts. It says “converging” and is left in open space for more than 30 minutes with a) info for the closest NTRIP server and b) a strong WiFi signal vis mobile hot spot. No joy. Perhaps a defective RTK unit. It’s on its way back to DJI now to find out.

That's frustrating.   Well please keep us updated.
2021-5-31
Use props
info144
lvl.1
Italy

Hello everyone. also myself problem. Despite having a good connection, I get the message: "Rtk Connected - Data Converging" goes to RTK Float and does not perform FIX. . I sent both log Pilot and log Drone to Dji they gave me a beta version and from doing nothing it started to float but it does not fix. They are not understanding anything ... total disappointment
2021-6-8
Use props
Hammerhead 6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I got my RTK module back from DJI they gave it a clean bill of health. Unfortunately, it STILL DOES NOT CONVERGE
2021-6-8
Use props
info144
lvl.1
Italy

It is insured. A professional drone with these problems. I am having a lot of work problems
2021-6-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem with a multispectral phantom 4 and GSpro.
I tried switching to a third party application (UGCS) keeping the drone in the same place, it connects and fix almost instantly.

There is therefore a problem with the DJI applications, not with hardware. It's frustrating because the communication with an NTRIP server is not the most complicated.
I have the feeling that one tries to push us to buy DRTK-2
2021-6-9
Use props
Hammerhead 6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone had success, or are we the only few that were willing to spend the money on this tech? If the later, I can see why DJI doesn't seem to care about fixing the problem.
2021-6-9
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

I did finally get my RTK unit to converge. It took ~12 min (eats battery time of course). The issue seems to be the distance from the caster point to your actual location. Although the Pilot App showed 14 Sats locked, the RTK info showed only 8 GPS and the rest were other constellations.

Issues then: You must have very good satellite coverage 14 locked and up at your location. You need to make sure that the NTRIP site you choose is the closest possible to you and is sending info in the right format .
I'm guessing that DJI has set some pretty aggressive minimums before it will unlock for flight. That could be changed in firmware/software, perhaps.

At one point, someone suggested that you could take off and then enable RTK once in flight with the premise being that once you are at altitude the satellite coverage improves due to less blocking terrain. I have not tried this yet. The Pilot app does instruct you to switch off RTK (in-flight) if there is a failure, so this may actually be allowed once you take-off.

Anyone try this yet?  
2021-6-9
Use props
Hammerhead 6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thats an interesting idea. I'm going to give that a try - At least I'll be flying while it "thinks" and I can do some basic work (unless I need to be in stationary hover until it connects)
2021-6-9
Use props
info144
lvl.1
Italy

Dji doesn't even answer me anymore. He gravely told me that you ask my salesperson for the money back. Absurd.  Already the first one I got I had to replace it in DOA because the touch screen didn't work. Guys we have to rebel we have a professional drone sold without proper functioning test ... RTK on drone DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYONE
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_vKFWG2IWAxOv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73074 ft
Italy

EFRPIC Posted at 6-9 10:54
I did finally get my RTK unit to converge. It took ~12 min (eats battery time of course). The issue seems to be the distance from the caster point to your actual location. Although the Pilot App showed 14 Sats locked, the RTK info showed only 8 GPS and the rest were other constellations.

Issues then: You must have very good satellite coverage 14 locked and up at your location. You need to make sure that the NTRIP site you choose is the closest possible to you and is sending info in the right format .

Hi from Italy, when the m2ea is on fly you can't turn on the rtk. Need landing and stop the motors for turn on it.
I don't know how resolve the problem....
2021-6-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Unfortunately it seems that there is nothing to do except wait for the next update. In the next call for tenders to acquire equipment, I will add "must be compatible with QGC or / and MAVLINK" This will avoid many problems. Open-source communities are much more responsive than DJI Enterprise.
I have an aircraft that works with Pixhawk, no communication problem with the sensors, the manufacturers of the sensors are listening to their professional customers. Of course there is no fancy iPad app, but at least we can keep working.
2021-6-16
Use props
RHenriques
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1014872 ft
Portugal

It's a simple fix. As usual, you need to contact DJI and they'll get you a beta version that accepts both RCTM 2x and 3x coms. Mine now converges in less than 1 minute.
2021-9-12
Use props
RHenriques
lvl.2
Portugal

LV_Forestry Posted at 6-16 11:42
Unfortunately it seems that there is nothing to do except wait for the next update. In the next call for tenders to acquire equipment, I will add "must be compatible with QGC or / and MAVLINK" This will avoid many problems. Open-source communities are much more responsive than DJI Enterprise.
I have an aircraft that works with Pixhawk, no communication problem with the sensors, the manufacturers of the sensors are listening to their professional customers. Of course there is no fancy iPad app, but at least we can keep working.

It's a simple fix. As usual, you need to contact DJI and they'll get you a beta version that accepts both RCTM 2x and 3x coms. Mine now converges in less than 1 minute.
2021-9-12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Unfortunatly, i had no answer from DJI regarding this issue. Doesn't matter, I switch to other drone using Pixhawk.
2021-9-16
Use props
Hammerhead 6
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RHenriques Posted at 9-12 16:04

That’s great news. How do I go about reaching the right person or department at DJI?  The folks so have spoken with know nothing about the beta you mentioned.
2021-9-17
Use props
s42
lvl.1

United States

Jerseyjers Posted at 5-27 12:09
No because soon as you shut down then put a new battery in you get the same thing at the same location.  However..... today's 3 flights at the same location the rtk was able to connect within a few mins. Soooo idk 100% yet. More flights needed.   I will tell you that I did fly under a water tower to get near shots of the radios and I did loose rtk.   Once lost she started to bounce around. 25mph wind gusts.  I backed off the water tower and regained rtk within seconds.

Might not 100% be the issue, but large metal structures like water towers, bridges, etc. are notorious for futzing with GPS signals.
2021-10-7
Use props
RHenriques
lvl.2
Portugal

Hammerhead 6 Posted at 9-17 05:27
That’s great news. How do I go about reaching the right person or department at DJI?  The folks so have spoken with know nothing about the beta you mentioned.

Try to talk with the right guys. You must be lucky to get the right one.
My help was from Dji support in Netherland.  
The file they sent me is labeled:

djipilot-Official-release-v2.3.1.9-27694-20210520-27694-1547.apk

Working perfectly.
2021-10-8
Use props
IsaacVV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203136 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Good Afternoon,

Same problem.

More than 20min "CONVERGING" and nothing

I´m trying to connect in SPAIN to IGNE (national grid of RNTRIP)  in RTCM 3 (MAC3) mode, connecting in less than 2 sec but, the coordinates information appears and desappears in few seconds.

At this time, djipilot version publish in dji WEB is:

1615902123029-djipilot-Official-release-v2.3.1.5-27693-20210316-27693-1134.apk

Where is this version that solve the problem: v2.3.1.9????

@RHenriques, could you share here?
2021-10-22
Use props
IsaacVV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203136 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello,

After this post, I opened a case with SUPPORT and in less than 1 day they answered me (Thanks, this way yes).

The confirmation consisted of a link to a DJI server from where to download the version v2.3.1.9 of DJI Pilot.apk

Once downloaded and installed on the controller, problem solved.

As long as the data coverage is good and the drone's RTK antenna is clear of obstacles, it connects and the data converges in less than 2min.

Now the question would be, why the v2.3.1.9 version is not on the web?

Thank you all.
2021-10-25
Use props
fansf83c87cc
lvl.3

United Kingdom

IsaacVV Posted at 10-25 02:58
Hello,

After this post, I opened a case with SUPPORT and in less than 1 day they answered me (Thanks, this way yes).

Fancy sharing the link ?
2021-10-25
Use props
Renna
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307395 ft
United States

Good evening,  In my hunt for information on the RTK module for the M2EA I came across your blog.  I just added the module to my Enterprise and signed up with FDOT (Florida) for their free NTRIP service.  I'm brand new with RTK and am truly lost with the information I need to enter in my remote. Can anyone offer assistance to me?
2021-11-1
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

You need to enter the fields under the RTK submenu (brought up by the three dots upper right of the screen). IP address of the FDOT server, the PORT being used, mount point you are using (make sure it is a 3.2_MSM, user name they gave you, password you created.

IP: XXX.XX.XXX.XXX
Port: 8080 or whatever they give you
Mount Point: Example  - NINT_MSM
User Name:
Password:

Make sure you are on the Internet and then click "Save".

If the M2EA is on and the RTK module is getting sufficient satellites, you will see Connected/Data Converging until a "FIX" is established.
2021-11-2
Use props
DamoAUS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265430 ft
Australia

RHenriques Posted at 2021-9-12 16:03

Hey I got the new Beta version and it still is not working and I have tried just about everything.... Is there something I'm missing...??
Thank you
2022-1-21
Use props
John_W
lvl.2

South Africa

After many struggles I finally got the Beta APK and the RTk started to Converge.  More than 1 hour to reach Float, and changing battery resets the whole process.  will tray again a few times over the weekend.
2022-1-21
Use props
sebawynen
lvl.1

Argentina

Thank you very much for the recommendation
2022-2-17
Use props
SimonID
lvl.4
Germany

EDIT: Problem solved. It was a simple mistake in the licence activation of the RTK provider.

Has anyone successfully used RTK on the latest firmware with Pilot 2.5.1.3?
I can't get anything to work. The server status just stays at "disconnected" and will not change no matter what I do.

I had issues before with converging but using the same service provider for NTRIP  there were never any issues with getting a connection.
2022-5-24
Use props
Off The Ground
lvl.2
Canada

I'm having the same issue
2022-11-12
Use props
AP3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2821345 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just today, using the Mavic 3 Enterprise, I started having this issue. I have checked my credentials and the NTRIP DOT server information. All correct.  The RTK module worked the first couple of times, now today it is not connecting.  DJI Pilot2 app says "setting failed".  Of course the RTK screen error I get says RTK signal.is very weak.  If the issue persists, contact your drone provider.    It's amazing you put the stuff away in working order, then gremlins start screwing with it.
2023-1-1
Use props
djiuser_fKiJP9rw1yhb
lvl.1

Canada

AP3 Posted at 1-1 12:56
Just today, using the Mavic 3 Enterprise, I started having this issue. I have checked my credentials and the NTRIP DOT server information. All correct.  The RTK module worked the first couple of times, now today it is not connecting.  DJI Pilot2 app says "setting failed".  Of course the RTK screen error I get says RTK signal.is very weak.  If the issue persists, contact your drone provider.    It's amazing you put the stuff away in working order, then gremlins start screwing with it.

I’m having the same issue with the settings failed. I’ll call my service provider I guess. He told me when I got the trial good thing it’s just a trial because they don’t know if it will work with dji. He said make sure you talk to dji first to solve any problems. I emailed dji with no response yet.
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_fKiJP9rw1yhb
lvl.1

Canada

AP3 Posted at 1-1 12:56

I’m having the same issue with the settings failed. I’ll call my service provider I guess. He told me when I got the trial good thing it’s just a trial because they don’t know if it will work with dji. He said make sure you talk to dji first to solve any problems. I emailed dji with no response yet.
2023-2-22
Use props
vuelaseguro.cl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3147300 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Hello, can someone please share the version of Dji pilot v2.3.1.9 of DJI Pilot.apk

Thank you so much !
2023-3-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules