DJI FPV Controller
900 6 2021-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe17aa52
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29472 ft
United States

I just recieved the DJI FPV remote for use with my DJI Air unit.  It was delivered 3 hours ago, I charged the battery tried to activate and it's DOA.  I spent some time on the phone with DJI support and was told to ship it back.  This is the second DJI remote that was bad in 2 weeks for me!  What's going on DJI?  Your products are so unreliable!  I needed this remote for a shoot this weekend, now I have to cancel. Told that turn around time is 10-14 days what am I supposed to do?  Guess I'll over-night another manufacture's drone to do my shoot this weekend. I have completely lost faith in DJI, the sad part is I have been with them from the flamewheel series, phantom, mavic, inspire now FPV.  I had a similar problem with the FPV drone controller a week ago.  I never have any issues with NON-DJI drones.

2021-5-20
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

"I just recieved the DJI FPV remote for use with my DJI Air unit."
"I had a similar problem with the FPV drone controller a week ago."

Are referring to the black remote like in the photo below?
DjiDigitalFpvSystem.JPG

Was the previous issue with the same model of remote or was it the smaller grey remote which comes with the new FPV drone?

The way DJI uses "FPV" to refer to two different products makes figuring out what people are talking about difficult at time.

Edit: In case you are not aware, the new smaller grey remote will not work with the Air Unit nor the Caddx Vista.
2021-5-23
Use props
fansfe17aa52
lvl.1
United States

Yes, that's the one, however, I also had the small grey one arrive with an issue the week prior.  I had 2 "FPV" remotes arrive with issues in two weeks.  The one pictured above and the one that comes with the FPV drone.  It's mildly frustrating.
2021-5-24
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

fansfe17aa52 Posted at 5-24 01:37
Yes, that's the one, however, I also had the small grey one arrive with an issue the week prior.  I had 2 "FPV" remotes arrive with issues in two weeks.  The one pictured above and the one that comes with the FPV drone.  It's mildly frustrating.

"I had 2 "FPV" remotes arrive with issues in two weeks."

I just want to make sure you know the two remotes are not compatible with any of the same hardware (other than the V2 goggles).

The black remote can not control the new FPV drone and the grey remote can not control the Air Unit nor the Caddx Vista.

You likely already know this but I wasn't sure.
2021-5-26
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2307733 ft
Netherlands

He should know, this is the 'fpv series' section, >air unit >black controller, in case the dji receiver from the air unit is used. You could also hook up another receiver like frSky or Crossfire, but they will not respond on the dji transmitter/controller.
2021-5-26
Use props
fansfe17aa52
lvl.1
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 5-26 19:55
"I had 2 "FPV" remotes arrive with issues in two weeks."

I just want to make sure you know the two remotes are not compatible with any of the same hardware (other than the V2 goggles).

First, thanks for your response, yes, I'm well aware of this.  I have the new FPV drone and am familiar with the controller options both the stick and motion controller.  The controllers that I'm writing about in the original post were the Air unit / Caddx vista controller and the FPV drone controller, I had issues with both.  Thankfully I have ironed out the issue with both controllers and I'm up and flying.  The issue with the FPV drone controller (mode 2)  was the yaw axis was stuck to the right reguardless of the stick orientation.   The issue with the origianl fpv controller was it failed to activate.  
2021-5-27
Use props
Duane Degn
Second Officer
United States

fansfe17aa52 Posted at 5-27 05:04
First, thanks for your response, yes, I'm well aware of this.  I have the new FPV drone and am familiar with the controller options both the stick and motion controller.  The controllers that I'm writing about in the original post were the Air unit / Caddx vista controller and the FPV drone controller, I had issues with both.  Thankfully I have ironed out the issue with both controllers and I'm up and flying.  The issue with the FPV drone controller (mode 2)  was the yaw axis was stuck to the right reguardless of the stick orientation.   The issue with the origianl fpv controller was it failed to activate.

Thanks for taking time to clarify things. That does sound frustrating.

It's good to hear things are working right now.
2021-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules